Letters of Rec/AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SnaggleTooth^^

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I guess it was wrong for me to assume that AADSAS could send each of my four letters of rec to each school I applied to. Apparently $800 won't get much from people these days. One school received 2 copies of one and are missing another and a second school only received two of the four letters. And these are the only schools I have spoken with so far. Should I just have AADSAS resend all of them to each school? or contact each school to see what they are missing and have those sent? this is such a mess and i thought all i had to worry about now were the secondaries. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

SnaggleTooth^^ said:
So, I guess it was wrong for me to assume that AADSAS could send each of my four letters of rec to each school I applied to. Apparently $800 won't get much from people these days. One school received 2 copies of one and are missing another and a second school only received two of the four letters. And these are the only schools I have spoken with so far. Should I just have AADSAS resend all of them to each school? or contact each school to see what they are missing and have those sent? this is such a mess and i thought all i had to worry about now were the secondaries. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you submitted all 4 of those letters to AADSAS, they SHOULD send each of them to each of your schools. If you didn't submit them at the same time, then AADSAS will probably send them as they receive them so the letters might show up at different times at the schools. If you submitted them all together, then the schools should have all of them.

Did you send those letters individually...more specifically not through a committee packet?

I wonder if having the committee packet would have helped keep everything together in this situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
AADSAS had already received all 4 of the letters way before my application was sent out. Therefore all the letters should have been sent at the same time with the application (even AADSAS admitted to this). However, even though the evaluators page has a date sent out for each letter to all the schools i applied to (the same date for everything since it was all there before they sent anything out), the schools still did not receive what they were suppose to. So i guess i am just going to contact all 11 schools i applied to and see which ones they havent received yet and give AADSAS the list. I am kinda just wanting to tell AADSAS to send all of them to every school to cover all bases, but schools might not like getting duplicate letters.

SnaggleTooth^^ said:
AADSAS had already received all 4 of the letters way before my application was sent out. Therefore all the letters should have been sent at the same time with the application (even AADSAS admitted to this). However, even though the evaluators page has a date sent out for each letter to all the schools i applied to (the same date for everything since it was all there before they sent anything out), the schools still did not receive what they were suppose to. So i guess i am just going to contact all 11 schools i applied to and see which ones they havent received yet and give AADSAS the list. I am kinda just wanting to tell AADSAS to send all of them to every school to cover all bases, but schools might not like getting duplicate letters.

Would schools bother checking those missing LoRs for an applicant? especially at this busiest time for them processing bunch of applications..?
I doubt it.
Upenn would do it for you.. I think.. but other schools... i don't know..

im having a similar problem. call aadsas, get on their asses, cuss them out, get angry, make sure they overnight all your LORs to all your schools again. you paid them, they have to provide the service. some schools will update you, others wont, call all of them up, explain your situation.