Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Letters of Rec to Mt. Sinai

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Scooby Doo, Aug 17, 2001.

1. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Sorry if this has already been posted..but
    How many letters of rec did everyone send to Mt. Sinai?
    They say one science faculty...so can I send a letter that a TA wrote for me? Or would you recommend Prof??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Profs are always better. I sent 3 inadvertently (overlooked the fact they only wanted 2) -- 2 science profs, 1 non-science.

3. Scooby Doo

10+ Year Member

Yea...only with two i have trouble deciding..
    b/c I know for a fact the TA wrote a bomb ass letter b/c he has worked with med school admissions and done all this extra stuff..however, only a TA :(
    Then all the profs I have..not sure how strong they are...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Could you get a prof to co-sign the TA's letter? I've heard that's sometimes done.

5. ScoobyDoo - Have you considered asking the TA if he can get the Prof to co-sign the LOR?

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Great minds think alike!

7. Scooby Doo

10+ Year Member

Yes, I have one letter that is cosigned and it is a pretty good letter...
    However, I got to choose if I wanted only him on the letter or if I wanted him to give it to the prof to use in his letter. I told him i just wanted his b/c the prof would have taken like one sentence out of it and then done a generic letter of rec. I am sending his letter out in leiu of some others that may have a stronger name b/c I know his letter is super strong.
    I wonder what really matters in the end...any adcoms on the board? or anyone who knows them?

8. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Although this is totally unrelated, I have a recommendation from a faculty member at Mt. Sinai. :) It's probably too bad that I didn't apply there.