Letters of Rec to Mt. Sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted..but
How many letters of rec did everyone send to Mt. Sinai?
They say one science faculty...so can I send a letter that a TA wrote for me? Or would you recommend Prof??

Members don't see this ad.

Profs are always better. I sent 3 inadvertently (overlooked the fact they only wanted 2) -- 2 science profs, 1 non-science.

Yea...only with two i have trouble deciding..
b/c I know for a fact the TA wrote a bomb ass letter b/c he has worked with med school admissions and done all this extra stuff..however, only a TA :(
Then all the profs I have..not sure how strong they are...

Members don't see this ad :)
Could you get a prof to co-sign the TA's letter? I've heard that's sometimes done.

ScoobyDoo - Have you considered asking the TA if he can get the Prof to co-sign the LOR?

Great minds think alike!

Yes, I have one letter that is cosigned and it is a pretty good letter...
However, I got to choose if I wanted only him on the letter or if I wanted him to give it to the prof to use in his letter. I told him i just wanted his b/c the prof would have taken like one sentence out of it and then done a generic letter of rec. I am sending his letter out in leiu of some others that may have a stronger name b/c I know his letter is super strong.
I wonder what really matters in the end...any adcoms on the board? or anyone who knows them?

Although this is totally unrelated, I have a recommendation from a faculty member at Mt. Sinai. :) It's probably too bad that I didn't apply there.