• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

letters of rec

optopa

Nov 7, 2019
  1. Pre-Optometry
    i'm starting to get my stuff together in order to apply for the upcoming cycle. i was a non-stem major and most of my science classes were 300+ students so i didn't really get to know any of my professors. I have plenty of professors i can ask from my other classes (specifically a spanish professor and an economics professor) i could ask and get good recs from. Anyone have any experience applying with non-science LOR's?

I could also possibly ask one of my lab ta's who i grew fairly close with to write one however i would have to get the professor to sign off on it as well.

also do the years of experience and school the OD writing a LOR for you matter in any way? For example, one of the docs i work with went to berekely and has been practicing 10+ years vs another OD who i am closer to went to UAB and has been practicing 3 years. Thank you!

koalabear_09

Aug 12, 2019
    1. Pre-Optometry
      Schools typically require LOR from a science professors, it’s best to get one from them and not TAs. In my opinion, I don’t think years of experience of the ODs matter. But if you can get a LOR from an alumni,I think that’d help would help.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.