Letters of Rec.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cju101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
W

Members don't see this ad.

Worst case scenario...I apply to Pharmacy school this summer (probably Pitt, WVU, LECOM, Cinnci) and I get rejected from all of them...I know I'm so optimistic.:) When I re-apply the following year, do I need to resubmit my letters of Rec? Or are they saved on the Pharmcas database?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharmcas saves nothing. I asked them about that last year when I wanted to get things together since I woudl be moving from the area where I was living for school. They said they don't carry over anything.

Pharmcas saves nothing. I asked them about that last year when I wanted to get things together since I woudl be moving from the area where I was living for school. They said they don't carry over anything.

It says the same thing in their application instructions, the FAQs, and in the disclaimer when they first open up the application process. "If you applied last year.....blah, blah, blah"

It says the same thing in their application instructions, the FAQs, and in the disclaimer when they first open up the application process. "If you applied last year.....blah, blah, blah"

Let's face it, who actually reads those things? My boss and other people in the department complain the most about students never reading the labs beforehand or during the actual lab. Instead they ask stupid questions.

Let's face it, who actually reads those things? My boss and other people in the department complain the most about students never reading the labs beforehand or during the actual lab. Instead they ask stupid questions.

I am a TA for the chemistry department at my university and that is so true! I would say only about 1/2 of my students actually read the pre-lab/lab before class, and most of those who actually read it only do so because there is an online quiz that is due before each lab that is worth 5 out of the 25 points for the lab. It makes me sick thinking that these students don't care enough to read 3 pages of material and yet they want to be doctors, optometrist, physical therapist, nurses, engineers, etc!

Yeah, I either do that, or read the lab manual in class while they're going over the experiment.