Letters of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dermhopefully

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just starting to think ahead about the busy fourth year, had a quick question:


My main question is this:
For transitional year programs, what combination of letters is the best? As many medicine-related letters as possible with maybe one derm letter? How many letters do most transitional programs demand?


I had heard for the derm programs themselves a combination of 2 derm plus 2 medicine is pretty standard (of course this will obviously vary by personal situation, and strength of each letter, -probably best to go with your best four overall).
 
I used two medicine letters and one clinical derm letter for transitionals and prelims.

For derm: the PD at my program told me to only use derm letters, so I used 3 derm letters.