Letters of Recommendation for Master's Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paper2627

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to Master's programs that start fall 2019 and most of them have applications that open between September and January 2019. I have three professors that will be writing letters of recommendations for me who are all currently writing them, but it feels weird having to ask them to send the applications out when they open since it is so far from now. Is it okay to get a sealed and signed envelope from the professors then send them in myself? Or should I just rely on reminding them when the time comes for each school while keeping in touch with them over email? Only one of the schools I am applying to allows the recommendations to be sent using Interfolio (I wish they all did so I wouldn't have to worry about it...unless I'm just overthinking all of this lol)

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to Master's programs that start fall 2019 and most of them have applications that open between September and January 2019. I have three professors that will be writing letters of recommendations for me who are all currently writing them, but it feels weird having to ask them to send the applications out when they open since it is so far from now. Is it okay to get a sealed and signed envelope from the professors then send them in myself? Or should I just rely on reminding them when the time comes for each school while keeping in touch with them over email? Only one of the schools I am applying to allows the recommendations to be sent using Interfolio (I wish they all did so I wouldn't have to worry about it...unless I'm just overthinking all of this lol)

I would just call the schools and check. I would guess that most of them would be fine with it and they probably wouldn't know either way.