Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bballmanager

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Am I correct in the assertion that all schools need 1 letter from a Podiatrist, yet NYCPM and Temple require an additional letter from a medical professional, but it does not have to be a podiatrist?

Also, would 5 LORs be excessive as in 2 professors, 2 pods and boss at work?

Members don't see this ad.

are you sure that NYCPM needs a pod letter AND one other letter from another health professional? I thought that was only temple??

Hello,
Am I correct in the assertion that all schools need 1 letter from a Podiatrist, yet NYCPM and Temple require an additional letter from a medical professional, but it does not have to be a podiatrist?

Also, would 5 LORs be excessive as in 2 professors, 2 pods and boss at work?

Does your undergraduate institution also send a letter from their pre-medical board? In that case I would say 6 letters is excessive. I would only send letters from people I have very close connections with. Would you consider all 5 LORs (even though you may not have read them) equal in the representation of you? I sent Temple a LOR from a pod, the volunteer coordinator I worked with extensively, and my ochem professor. My school also sent their committee letter. I received an interview.

NYCPM doesn't require a LOR from a pod. I'm from Canada and I didn't have a LOR from a pod but I still got in. I had 1 letter from my employer, 1 from my professor and 1 from a physician that I work with.