Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

popt.19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know certain optometry schools require specific letters of recommendation. I am having trouble finding who to contact about questions about letters so I decided to try here first. I was wondering if the "Pre-Health Adviser" letter of recommendation requirement would be fulfilled by a pre-optometry adviser. I was hoping to apply to MCPHS, AZCOPT, PUCO, SCCOBKU, SCO, UABSO, UCB, UMSL, RSO, and WUCO. If anyone knows who to contact for those schools or if a pre-optometry adviser letter would work, please let me know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You contact the admissions department of the school you are applying to. I'm 100% sure each of their websites will have their contact information.

I know certain optometry schools require specific letters of recommendation. I am having trouble finding who to contact about questions about letters so I decided to try here first. I was wondering if the "Pre-Health Adviser" letter of recommendation requirement would be fulfilled by a pre-optometry adviser. I was hoping to apply to MCPHS, AZCOPT, PUCO, SCCOBKU, SCO, UABSO, UCB, UMSL, RSO, and WUCO. If anyone knows who to contact for those schools or if a pre-optometry adviser letter would work, please let me know. Thanks!

...save your money, don't apply to 10 schools.
In my opinion, it looks like you haven't researched enough about the schools.
Narrow down your options, and rank the schools in tiers: safety, fit, and reach.