Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coloski95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I've got two professors and one podiatrist writing me letters of recommendation. How exactly are they supposed to be sent to the different schools? Do I receive them first then send them off, or are the people writing mine supposed to directly send them? I'm planning on applying this fall for the 2017 cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

@Justintxc can give you some more info as well as some other members on here.

If I remember correctly: Ask your profs and provide them with resume, personal statement, and a little background about yourself. Also have envelopes pre-written with addresses to all schools you need it mailed out to. Prof will write the rec letter, make copies, and mail them out. Or have it in the envelope sealed for YOU to pick up and mail out.

Dig through the threads on here. Lots of good info on rec letters and how to send them out.

Not sure if there's a way to do it electronically.

Hey everyone. So I've got two professors and one podiatrist writing me letters of recommendation. How exactly are they supposed to be sent to the different schools? Do I receive them first then send them off, or are the people writing mine supposed to directly send them? I'm planning on applying this fall for the 2017 cycle.

Easiest way would be to use interfolio. You will need to make an account and send an email through interfolio to your profs and pod. They will also need to make an account (free for them) and then they can upload your letter. After all that, you can send it electronically for a fee.

If you are going to maile them out physically, I would ask them to write the letters, pick them up, and send them myself.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@Justintxc can give you some more info as well as some other members on here.

Looks like Skim and yourself pretty much covered it! I agree that Interfolio would be the easiest and most efficient way to get all of the stuff together in one place to send out. It's a pretty straight forward process once your professors receive instructions on what to do from Interfolio.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone write a LOR themselves? The Pod I'm shadowing asked me to write a letter, and they will then sign it and upload on Interfolio. I was wondering if anyone can help me as to what I should definitely include in the letter? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
if I'm not mistake you should gather all documents yourself

I just finished my podiatry application, there was no place to upload letters. Do I send them in later?