Letters of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jwinsler7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year when I applied, I had total seven letters of recommendation: the committee recommendation, 4 from professors that I've known really well, 1 from my employer and 1 from my church pastor.

Is that too much? I know it's quality over quantity, but I am very close to all those people, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask for more. Someone advised me to get a recommendation letter from a doctor. Is it really crucial to get a LoR from a physician?

Also, do I need to get a new committee recommendation if I am reapplying this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do any of you know how to add LoRs from the last cycle? Is there a way to do it or do I have to start all over?

Do any of you know how to add LoRs from the last cycle? Is there a way to do it or do I have to start all over?

If you had you LORs upploaded directly to the site by the writers (as I did) you have to start all over. I know because I contacted the AMCAS and they said they will not carry over any previous letters. The point here is to have letters from people who have most recently worked with you and know you best.

Apparently there is some services such as Interfolio you can have the letters uploaded to so you wont have to go through this again. Im going to look into this myself if heaven forbid I have to reapply. Good luck