Liberty university online mph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NOMPBSD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello ,,has anyone started or know any details on the liberty university online mph degree? Any thoughts and reviews are welcome...thanks...:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello ,,has anyone started or know any details on the liberty university online mph degree? Any thoughts and reviews are welcome...thanks...:)

I wasn't going to say anything about this, but I see Liberty University was mentioned a second time in another thread. So, for the casual browser of the forum unfamiliar with the American system (international applicants, this is you): Liberty University is not a mainstream US school. It is a far-right evangelical Christian university, founded by the [to moderates and left-leaners-] controversial televangelist, Jerry Falwell.

It is ranked among the most conservative colleges in the US; for example, it teaches creationism rather than evolution and had allegedly banned student groups that supported the democratic party. Its law school is a feeder for Liberty Counsel, the litigation firm dedicated almost exclusively to pro-life/anti-abortion cases. None of this is inherently wrong or bad, but it is definitely outside the mainstream of higher education...well...anywhere, really, so the name of Liberty University will have a fairly strong connotation wherever you go or apply in the future.

From a more neutral standpoint, I don't think LU is accredited by CEPH which is also an important consideration. Strangely, a random third party website claims that it is accredited, but if you actually search the official sites of CEPH and ASPH, LU does not appear anywhere.

That being said, if you are an evangelical Christian, and/or you have firm plans to work at a religious-based NGO or charity, and the online format is the only one which works for you, this may be a great fit.