Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be graduating this year with a professional degree in the health care field; however, I'm really interested in community based health and believe that a MPH will also be beneficial to helping me achieve my goals!
As of right now, I'm looking to only apply to Part Time or online programs, unless they're in California.
My undergrad stats (top 30 university)
GPA: 3.48 (I was pre-med and Gen Chem/O Chem really hurt my GPA).
Major: Biology/Sociology
Graduate school stats:
GPA: 3.86 (I anticipate that this will go up slightly by the time I graduate. maybe 3.87-3.88?)
GRE: 157 V, 158 Q, 5.0
My only concern is that I don't really have relevant work experience (I have emailed schools individually, so I'm just taking this out of the equation at the moment). I've had two part time jobs that basically added up to being full time during my program as a teacher/waitress. I'm also working in a lab now, but that's super new.
Schools that I'm thinking of applying to are:
Johns Hopkins, George Washington, Emory, Dartmouth, University of Alabama, UNC, CSUN, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, UCLA, San Diego State, San Jose State, CSUN, Tulane, and University of Illinois. This is a super preliminary list, so if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to add any schools/take them out.
Thank you!
As of right now, I'm looking to only apply to Part Time or online programs, unless they're in California.
My undergrad stats (top 30 university)
GPA: 3.48 (I was pre-med and Gen Chem/O Chem really hurt my GPA).
Major: Biology/Sociology
Graduate school stats:
GPA: 3.86 (I anticipate that this will go up slightly by the time I graduate. maybe 3.87-3.88?)
GRE: 157 V, 158 Q, 5.0
My only concern is that I don't really have relevant work experience (I have emailed schools individually, so I'm just taking this out of the equation at the moment). I've had two part time jobs that basically added up to being full time during my program as a teacher/waitress. I'm also working in a lab now, but that's super new.
Schools that I'm thinking of applying to are:
Johns Hopkins, George Washington, Emory, Dartmouth, University of Alabama, UNC, CSUN, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, UCLA, San Diego State, San Jose State, CSUN, Tulane, and University of Illinois. This is a super preliminary list, so if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to add any schools/take them out.
Thank you!