MPH / MSPH 2023: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected, Attending

Started by She-Hulk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Undergraduate School/School type: East Coast mid-size private university
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.68/3.89
Major/minor: Public health/health promotion premed
Grad GPA (if applicable): N/A
Grad studies (if applicable): N/A
GRE(including date taken):N/A

Experience/research:

pharmacology research (1000+ hours)
nutrition research (250+ hours)
patient coordinator at addiction detox facility (500+ hours)
Resident Assistant (1.5 years)
substance use prevention coalition board of directors and youth leader (3+ years)
substance use recovery performance group (psychiatric intern) (4+ years)

Cited in a mental illness novel
student abstract contest award
national academy of medicine award
3 departmental scholarships

Letters of Rec:
department chair/mentor/professor
Physician (I contributed to his book)
Employer

Interests: Substance use disorders, adverse childhood experiences, mental illness, epi, biostats

* I am working full time so I am only applying to programs in the Boston area or online and I have a strong preference for programs with part-time options/schedule flexibility

Verified 11/24

Applied: BU (11/24), Harvard (11/24), JHU (11/24), UAB (11/27),Brown, Columbia
Accepted: JHU (11/29)!!
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
Attending:
Hey, did JHU ask to do an interview before being accepted?