Linear Algebra, anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rayden001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It just dawned on me that school is starts in less than a month:scared:. I am registered for a linear algebra course. For those who have taken the class, is it purely algebra, or does it have some calculus? heavens knows I can't take anymore derivatives in my life or I will+pissed+. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It's very simple to describe linear algebra:

matrices, matrices, matrices

A lot of linear algebra will deal with matrices and all the different transformations, decompositions, etc.

Also expect some equation stuff too. Things like advanced methods for solving systems of equations, which, surprise surprise, often involve matrices.

Don't worry about calculus. Shouldn't be much if any. Good luck.

I think your comment summarizes this subject very well....MATRICES. Don't worry. It should be a rather easy class, with most calculations that can be done on your calculator. Learning inverses of multi-dimensional matrices gets a little tricky, but it is not excessively difficult. I think if you enjoy that sort of thing, this class will be fun and a breeze.

Good Luck

Many people say that linear algebra is a very easy class. You probably already know a little bit about matrices from Algebra II. I think that how you do depends on your learning style and the style of the teacher. Some teachers assign a ton of homework and check it for a grade, and do it teaches you what's on the test in addition to boosting your grade, while some don't give any homework or even a book for the class.