Linezolid-Resistant Staph aureas outbreak in Spain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15cOCR09A40[/YOUTUBE]

I was actually at that show, how about that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People don't realize that that is one of the dirtiest songs ever written.

Girls think it is sweet.

But really the message is "shhh. you don't have to say anything. show me you love me. " *pushes girls head towards belt* "that is way better than any words baby"


You say that as if it's a bad thing.. 🙄
 
You say that as if it's a bad thing.. 🙄

I didn't say it was... I'm just saying it's funny that pop culture sees it to be a sweet innocent song.

Like that song that was big last year that was about the dude cheating on his woman. Angel Eyes or something?
 
this one always bums me out. the whole unrequited love thing.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct2LUz5Fhsc[/YOUTUBE]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like this cover...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkWmkqP0ASw[/YOUTUBE]

I used to be a huuuuuuge Tori Amos fan.

Not that I don't still like her, I just haven't bought a cd of hers in like 8 years. I think Strange Little Girls... But I burned a copy of the one with Sorta Fairytale on it when I was housesitting...

she is incredible live.
 
The Cure came out with the rest of their cd today!
But mostly, Linezolid goes generic in a few months and now the reports of linezolid-resistant staph come out? I think it's a conspiracy by Pfizer........
 
The Cure came out with the rest of their cd today!
But mostly, Linezolid goes generic in a few months and now the reports of linezolid-resistant staph come out? I think it's a conspiracy by Pfizer........

I know..... soo happy....
 
I used to be a huuuuuuge Tori Amos fan.

Not that I don't still like her, I just haven't bought a cd of hers in like 8 years. I think Strange Little Girls... But I burned a copy of the one with Sorta Fairytale on it when I was housesitting...

she is incredible live.

Who do you think that is in my avatar? 😉

I've seen her 4 times live. At the 3rd concert, I had 2nd row center. 👍
 
Who do you think that is in my avatar? 😉

I've seen her 4 times live. At the 3rd concert, I had 2nd row center. 👍

I know exactly who that is in your avatar - I noticed that awhile ago.

Those are phenomenal seats. We were like 16th row, center, at Red rocks for the cure, but the view was amazing. I highly recommend seeing live music at Red Rocks. If Tori plays there you should fly in for it. Seriously.
 
I know exactly who that is in your avatar - I noticed that awhile ago.

Those are phenomenal seats. We were like 16th row, center, at Red rocks for the cure, but the view was amazing. I highly recommend seeing live music at Red Rocks. If Tori plays there you should fly in for it. Seriously.

I've heard about Red Rocks, and that is actually on my list of things to do! 🙂 I want to see Radiohead there, too, if they ever make it back that way.
 
I am going to have to go with........no

Mylan announced it had received the ANDA from the FDA in July. You were probably too busy reading new clinical guidelines or giving grand rounds or something like that; Zyvox was doing P1s homework for them, and Spiriva was writing up nuclear pharmacy protocols. I was surfing the internet (thank god someone was!) and reading comics.
 
Mylan announced it had received the ANDA from the FDA in July. You were probably too busy reading new clinical guidelines or giving grand rounds or something like that; Zyvox was doing P1s homework for them, and Spiriva was writing up nuclear pharmacy protocols. I was surfing the internet (thank god someone was!) and reading comics.


But how long will it take from ANDA to release?
 
But how long will it take from ANDA to release?

Mylan currently has 100+ ANDA's filed, largely to capitalize on the "first to file" benefit, it has nothing to do with when a drug will be available generically. I am guessing you know this, so this post is for the genius who was "surfing the internet."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NOTORIOUS! Staph aureus! (to the tune of Notorious by Notorious BIG)

I seriously do need to write a full rap on this topic one day. It'll be quite entertaining.
 
Mylan announced it had received the ANDA from the FDA in July. You were probably too busy reading new clinical guidelines or giving grand rounds or something like that; Zyvox was doing P1s homework for them, and Spiriva was writing up nuclear pharmacy protocols. I was surfing the internet (thank god someone was!) and reading comics.

They can file ANDA's until the antibiograms come home, my internet surfing says Upjohn doesn't have any patents expiring on linezolid until at least 2014.
 
Mylan currently has 100+ ANDA's filed, largely to capitalize on the "first to file" benefit, it has nothing to do with when a drug will be available generically. I am guessing you know this, so this post is for the genius who was "surfing the internet."

That's awful nice, I've never been called a genius before.
 
Won't change anything. Why take a profitable brand drug with a patent then kill it by releasing a cheaper generic?

Duh.....because they have an approved ANDA. They really do have one, I saw it on the internet.
 
NOTORIOUS! Staph aureus! (to the tune of Notorious by Notorious BIG)

I seriously do need to write a full rap on this topic one day. It'll be quite entertaining.

I was thinking more to the "Notorious" song by Duran Duran

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWIZHxolI0[/YOUTUBE]

I think I would rather write lyrics to this for staph aureus than write a nursing education thingy on Nplate.
 
Last edited:
As a side note, Milan Puskar, the dude that owns Mylan, is one of the richest, quirkiest ****ers I've ever seen in my life. He gave WVU's football team $20 million just so he could demand a seat in the press box behind the offensive coordinator. He had a penthouse built for himself on top of a hotel in Morgantown because he said so. The dude once decided at 1PM to fly down to New Orleans just to get a steak, then came right back without doing anything else. He just has a steak. Dude is eccentric.
 
aren't there cows in WV? I swear I drove past many cows when I drove through the state last summer.

where there are cows there should be steak.
 
The dude once decided at 1PM to fly down to New Orleans just to get a steak, then came right back without doing anything else. He just has a steak.

Have you ever eaten at Brennan's in the French Quarter? Perhaps you'd do the same if you had. 😛 :laugh: Not that I advocate eating meat anymore.

Brennan's has damn fine food, especially breakfast and Banana's Foster. Mmm, Banana's Foster. That's where it all began, by the way. It's very expensive, though.

New Orleans + food = 😍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you ever eaten at Brennan's in the French Quarter? Perhaps you'd do the same if you had. 😛 :laugh: Not that I advocate eating meat anymore.

Brennan's has damn fine food, especially breakfast and Banana's Foster. Mmm, Banana's Foster. That's where it all began, by the way. It's very expensive, though.

New Orleans + food = 😍
Sewage backs up into their kitchen.