Links of interest to foreign trained dentists !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Advertisements should not be posted on general SDN forums, as this is in violation of the Terms Of Service.

There is a dedicated forum on SDN specifically for Classified ADS. You may do so here;
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6

If you wish to buy, sell, donate, exchange or advertise anything, please do not interrupt the discussion here, causing inconveniences for other guests.
Unfortunately, any future UN-authorized advertisements may result in disciplinary action.

Thanks for your co-operation.

hi
I have graduated from Iran and i am preparing for EE test in CANADA.pls guide me regarding the study material for EE preparation..which books r helpful..where do we get the past yrs question papers??
thanks ...hope somebody replies:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Universidad de LaSalle Bajio in mexico is the first foreign dental school to offer a accredited two year course in advanced training to foreign dentist to obtain DDS licensure in the state of california approved by the CDA.

http://cirodentalsociety.com/

hi every 1 i need help from u guyz..i completed my bds from pak and came to usa and now i m really worried about my dental carrier in usa as its so hard to get admission in school can any body tell what other option do i have as a dentist like mph/mha i really wana now about this mha thing cz it soundz interestn as i ll study for national board as well so what can i do else than that so guyz plz give me ur suggestionz can help me alot

I am a Pediatric Dentist with training in a 2yr recognized program by the ADA, I already passed the NBDE PART 1 AND 2, and I already passed the WREB, I am interested in getting my Dental License in CA, I would appreciate any advise in the logistics in order to get it. Thanks:love:
Canon

hi

is there any site which have sample personal statement....??????

List of US Advanced Dental Education Programs

U.S. Programs

Using the drop-down menus, you can search for an accredited advanced specialty education or postdoctoral general dentistry education programs in the United States by state and/or discipline.

hello ,iam a denatal student from india.can u plz tell me what these programs r.& how r they helpfull for an international student.do we have to give any enterance tests to get into these programs.I am new to this form, i had few questions,can u plz help me.i had given my nbde-1 in 2003, had scored 84%.i had applied to nova university but couldnt get through,then i took a long break, now iam planning to give dental hygein exams to get some work experiance.i really dont know about all other options a intenational student has.& also i am not sure if iam doin the right thing.can i apply again to nova and see if can get through this time.or is that score not good enough & i should try again.iam confused & have very less knowledge of all these things plz help.

I Read the treads mate....
I has really helped me i my exams.....
Thanks.

Hi there,
I have recntly joined the forum and was very impressed with the site.I am dent from India and am here since last 1 yr and have 2 children too.Here in Washington they dont have 2 yrs DDS prog but can try for MS with GRE NBDE 1 and NBDE 2 .Any body else who is planning the same.....plzzzzzzzz let me know

Hi there,
I have recntly joined the forum and was very impressed with the site.I am dent from India and am here since last 1 yr and have 2 children too.Here in Washington they dont have 2 yrs DDS prog but can try for MS with GRE NBDE 1 and NBDE 2 .Any body else who is planning the same.....plzzzzzzzz let me know
Hi,
Yes,in washington you can do MS and still work as a dentist and not get restricted to academic line..
All the best

Members don't see this ad :)
hi i am from india

just completed my bds from tamil nadu, INDIA

wanna pursue my higher studeis in orthodontics in the USA

can someone guide me through

where should i start from...

hi starry night i need ur advice on how to prepare for the toefl i feel hard to score a good toefl score basically its the reading section any advice on how i could improve my reading score thanks

I think the key is to improve your understanding to the text on the reading section is to improve your vocabulary by learning at least 20-30 words every day. Read sample texts, write down the new words. Flash cards are the best tool and learn them everywhere (kitchen table, bathroom, subway...).

Read more in English. Even if you don't understand each word, look up the words in the dictionary only if you absolutely can not understand the meaning of the sentence without it.

Hope this helps.:D

http://www.helium.com/partners/tpcs http://www.helium.com/registration/signup

Hi,
Does anybody have any information about getting limited dental registration in Massachusetts? What are the requirements or criteria for getting it? Does one have to pass the national dental boards to acquire the limited dental registration. It would help if somebody who has actually gone through the procedure to shed some light on this.
Thanks.
For those of you who dont know about this, here is a link describing this.
http://www.mass.gov/Eeohhs2/docs/dph/quality/boards/foreign_train_dentist.pdf

Hi,
Does anybody have any information about getting limited dental registration in Massachusetts? What are the requirements or criteria for getting it? Does one have to pass the national dental boards to acquire the limited dental registration. It would help if somebody who has actually gone through the procedure to shed some light on this.
Thanks.
It's also included here now, informative!

U.S. Programs

Using the drop-down menus, you can search for an accredited advanced specialty education or postdoctoral general dentistry education programs in the United States by state and/or discipline.

hello,me new to this forum ,,i hav done my b.d.s. from india ,nw doing practice in private clinic, i m interested in doing masters in endodontics ,read the articles,
can anyone help me that if we want to go for masters degree program in clinical subjects ,then we wil b doing only research as i came to knw or we will b dealing with patients also as a scenario in india, what r the future prospects after this speciality prg.

hi all can i take the NDBE elsewhere?...i mean not in the US !sth like the distant EXAmination????

Is the residency program done by the future MAxillofacial surgeons only??

Hi,
Thanks.

Hi I trying for the same. I don't know what is the criteria to get job.....did u come across anybody who is working on limited licencse. any information will help.

Thanks.

i got my nbde part-1 score .its jst 86..for which all universities i can apply and wat do i need..?? do reply..and is there anyone applying these days..?/

Hi there,

Can u pls elaborate on this concept of doing MS and yet practising as a dentist. I live in dc area and I new here. Pls share the info with me.

Thanks

When your register (apply) to take NBDE, you have to put that you are a graduate of non accredited dental school, put the name of that school and not to select any of the US schools. By that, there system will put you in the group that gets the HARD question and doesn't get the fair scoring (curve) as the other group (students of accredited dental school).

Also you have to choose on the test application if you have taken the test before or not. So if it is the first time then the system will choose the hard questions because they want you to fail it, take it again (pay them again). They will raise the test application fee or I think they already did.

Hi I trying for the same. I don't know what is the criteria to get job.....did u come across anybody who is working on limited licencse. any information will help.

Thanks.
Hi thr,
I came across this information and confirmed with state dental board thr.DO you know anyone who has done this and got a job there?
If anyone here knew about this procedure plzzzz guide us...
thank you all....take care

Hi thr,
I came across this information and confirmed with state dental board thr.DO you know anyone who has done this and got a job there?
If anyone here knew about this procedure plzzzz guide us...
thank you all....take care

please info about new rules of adea for advance standing programme for internatinal dentist effective from jan 2011

hello,me new to this forum ,,i hav done my b.d.s. from india ,nw doing practice in private clinic, i m interested in doing masters in endodontics ,read the articles,
can anyone help me that if we want to go for masters degree program in clinical subjects ,then we wil b doing only research as i came to knw or we will b dealing with patients also as a scenario in india, what r the future prospects after this speciality prg.

To get into the masters program directly in United States is very competitive. You are looking for NBDE1 & 2 score, GRE, TOEFL, Very good GPA and many school even asks for DDS degree. Only few of the school will consider you for the endo residency and for that too you have to prove your self better competent than regular DDS students. which is next to impossible as they will have US clinical experience. Even if you get into these schools without DDS, once you are done with residency you have to practice in that particular state only. Concept of masters is different in US than India. If you do 2 years of residency, you will get a certificate and you can practice that particular speciality. But if you are in 3year program, in the end you are taking thesis and you will receive MS, which is mainly good for the academia as well as clinical practice.

Reactions: 1 user
hello ,iam a denatal student from india.can u plz tell me what these programs r.& how r they helpfull for an international student.do we have to give any enterance tests to get into these programs.I am new to this form, i had few questions,can u plz help me.i had given my nbde-1 in 2003, had scored 84%.i had applied to nova university but couldnt get through,then i took a long break, now iam planning to give dental hygein exams to get some work experiance.i really dont know about all other options a intenational student has.& also i am not sure if iam doin the right thing.can i apply again to nova and see if can get through this time.or is that score not good enough & i should try again.iam confused & have very less knowledge of all these things plz help.

hi iam an indian trained dentist,,,im planing to prepare for the NDEB exams can u help me and gimme ur advice

U.S. Programs

i din get whether giving NBDE is reqd for getting in GPR and AEGD. are these alternative routes to practise in u.s than goin for NBDE and then DDS?

i din get whether giving NBDE is reqd for getting in GPR and AEGD. are these alternative routes to practise in u.s than goin for NBDE and then DDS?
ACTUALLY i am new to the forum and have just startd to think on the lines of going to U.S but am very confused.

hi aim an Indian trained dentist.I live in California.I am new to the forum. Would like to know more information about GPR and AEGD programs.

I got stuck while enrolling in masters not in dentistry though cause my evaluation didnt state its equivalent to bachelors degree in US as bachelor of dental surgery doesnt exist here. Can anyone tell me what is way around it. How do i convince university that my degree is equivalent to a bachelor degree?
thank u

I got stuck while enrolling in masters not in dentistry though cause my evaluation didnt state its equivalent to bachelors degree in US as bachelor of dental surgery doesnt exist here. Can anyone tell me what is way around it. How do i convince university that my degree is equivalent to a bachelor degree?
thank u

Well that's strange,because it should be equivalent to bachelors.. US doesn't have BDS but the testing services do recognize it. I guess some factors might be your credit hrs may be less or it differ from testing services. I find ECE good, go for course by course evaluation. Send your official sealed transcripts to your master's program school and request to consider...........Hope that works !!!

i have heard that even after doing dds in US dentists dont do extractions and root canals
is this true?

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Whoever told you that, please do not ever listen to them again. US dentists do extractions and root canals in addition to other things.

i have heard that even after doing dds in US dentists dont do extractions and root canals
is this true?

Most GPR and AEGD programs are one year in duration but several are two years long or provide an optional second year. GPR programs are usually affiliated with a hospital and thus require the doctor to treat a wide variety of patients including trauma, critically ill, and medically compromised patients. Additionally, GPR programs require residents to rotate through various departments within the hospital, such as anesthesia, internal medicine, and emergency medicine, to name a few. AEGD programs are usually in a dental school setting where the focus is treating complex cases in a comprehensive manner.
Hi

After having read the thread discussions, I (BDS from India) am still not clear about these AEGD/GPR programmes. My questions are:

1) Do they require DDS/DMD degree to apply for?
2) Do they require NBDE 1 and 2 ?
3) after completion of aegd do we get a degree or a certificate which is equivalent to DDS though with limited work access area.
4) also is it some kind of specialty or just general dentistry?

Please guide, il be grateful.

Thanks

Hi Guys!

I was a foreign trained dentist. I graduate this year from University of toronto. I have all the instruments and dental unit, loupes etc for practical exam preparation. Please let me know. C- 647-285-2368/ [email protected].

I am a Pediatric Dentist with training in a 2yr recognized program by the ADA, I already passed the NBDE PART 1 AND 2, and I already passed the WREB, I am interested in getting my Dental License in CA, I would appreciate any advise in the logistics in order to get it. Thanks:love:
Canon

hi lived in Ca for a while now doing bds in my country. My ? Is are there other alternatives to nbde & dds,if yes can you detail me on those. Thank you sir.

Hi Sana:

Here are your answers:

1) Do they require DDS/DMD degree to apply for? YES you must have a DDS degree even if from another country2) Do they require NBDE 1 and 2 ? Most programs do. Sometimes they ask for only part I3) after completion of aegd do we get a degree or a certificate which is equivalent to DDS though with limited work access area.
You get a certificate and that will allow you to work only at certain limited states. Most of these states will give you a license if you do a 2 year AEGD. GPR program. A small number of states from what I recall will accept only one year..4) also is it some kind of specialty or just general dentistry?
It is just general dentistry.. You do all scopes of general dentistry. Some of them might expose you to implants and surgery, it all depends on the program...

Both GPR and AEGD programs train to on all scopes of general practice. The major difference is that a GPR is hospital based and you might focus more on systemically compromised patients / hospital dentistry aspect.
Also, GPRs more commonly offer stipends, AEGD can cost more.
AEGD focus is clinical general dentistry...

Both GPR and AEGD programs train to on all scopes of general practice. The major difference is that a GPR is hospital based and you might focus more on systemically compromised patients / hospital dentistry aspect.
Also, GPRs more commonly offer stipends, AEGD can cost more.
AEGD focus is clinical general dentistry...

I have this question for I love goldens...

And for all those who have applied to dental schools....

I am a foreing trained dentist. I will be applying to dental schools in Caapid cycle 2013-2014 in the month of April-May 2013.... Especially to those who have deadlines in July - August.

My questions is... My current toefl score is valid till 31 July 2013 but I will be applying to all schools in May 2013. Will My current scores be accepted if I apply till may? Or will they reject my application because scores will expire on 31 July? Or the scores should be valid only at the time is application? Or is it mandatory for my toefl scores to be valid till the entire process ends; like from application to bench test to acceptance?

I am stuck in a tricky situation... Please Help...

I have this question for I love goldens...

And for all those who have applied to dental schools....

I am a foreing trained dentist. I will be applying to dental schools in Caapid cycle 2013-2014 in the month of April-May 2013.... Especially to those who have deadlines in July - August.

My questions is... My current toefl score is valid till 31 July 2013 but I will be applying to all schools in May 2013. Will My current scores be accepted if I apply till may? Or will they reject my application because scores will expire on 31 July? Or the scores should be valid only at the time is application? Or is it mandatory for my toefl scores to be valid till the entire process ends; like from application to bench test to acceptance?

I am stuck in a tricky situation... Please Help...

Tricky one. Not really a way to know. If I were you I would contact the school and ask them...