List of dental schools that accept int'l students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happybunny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Is there a list of dental schools that accept international students who hold student visa?
I've been looking for the info on this but there isn't anything for international students who graduated from US colleges.

I got my B.S. from University of Calilfornia (graduated from California highschool too) but I am not considered as a California resident. I wasted lots of $ last year applying to schools that don't even look at the international applications.
OR Do I have to call every school and ask? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Is there a list of dental schools that accept international students who hold student visa?
I've been looking for the info on this but there isn't anything for international students who graduated from US colleges.

I got my B.S. from University of Calilfornia (graduated from California highschool too) but I am not considered as a California resident. I wasted lots of $ last year applying to schools that don't even look at the international applications.

I believe every school in California accept international students. I just checked for four schools except UCLA. And I talked to admission officer at UCLA today, so I know they do.

I believe every school in California accept international students. I just checked for four schools except UCLA. And I talked to admission officer at UCLA today, so I know they do.

Thanks Bruinlove,
Yeah, I am going to apply all schools in Cali,
but do you know anything about other schools by any chance? I tried to check the websites but it's so hard to find it. (hard to find all 50 schools:()
Anyways, thanks alot! :]

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't think UCSF accepts international students. I remember the secondary application says that the chance for international students is extremely slim. You should double check.

Look for all the private dental schools. They all accept international students.

I don't think UCSF accepts international students. I remember the secondary application says that the chance for international students is extremely slim. You should double check.

They tell you that on their website too. They accept very, very few international students through regular dental admission since they already got their IDP going.

Hello,

i am in the same boat as u are... i graduated from cali high school, going to a UC... and applying for the 1st time this year... may be as an international student (cuz i dont have my ******* greencard)...

i ckecked with all the cali schools.... and UCLA, and UCSF do not take in international students cuz of funding reasons. (especially this year with budget cuts... our chances of getting in with F1 is minimal.) UOP, USC and Loma linda dont care about ur status at all... i am applying to these three cali schools at the moment. (will apply to LA and SF if the greencard comes in during the application process). other schools that i m planning to apply are all private schools.

can u let me know the list of schools u r applying to once u have decided on it... PM me if u can.

thanks,
glcuk... (i m happy to know, i m not the only one out there with status problems)

-masksof2004

Go down to a bookstore and look at the new edition of ADEA's Official Guide to Dental Schools.
You don't need to buy it, since it's kind of expensive, but it has all the info for all the schools compiled in one place, including whether int'l students are kosher.
Could save a lot of time.

i am in the same boat as u are... i graduated from cali high school, going to a UC... and applying for the 1st time this year... may be as an international student (cuz i dont have my ******* greencard)...

i ckecked with all the cali schools.... and UCLA, and UCSF do not take in international students cuz of funding reasons. (especially this year with budget cuts... our chances of getting in with F1 is minimal.) UOP, USC and Loma linda dont care about ur status at all... i am applying to these three cali schools at the moment. (will apply to LA and SF if the greencard comes in during the application process). other schools that i m planning to apply are all private schools.

can u let me know the list of schools u r applying to once u have decided on it... PM me if u can.

thanks,
glcuk... (i m happy to know, i m not the only one out there with status problems)

-masksof2004

alright, Ill PM you once i figure it out
good luck, ;]