List of great sports medicine clinics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MinnDasota

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I was recently approached by one of the PT students interning at my clinic. He was wondering what the "best" sports medicine clinics are in the country for physical therapy. He wants to keep his options open for his final clinicals and is willing to travel pretty much anywhere. He wants to go to a place well known for it's sports rehab (not just any ortho place). I was wondering if anyone on here can fill me in on places near them that are trusted sites with an excellent reputation for local colleges and pro sports teams.

What I told him so far:

-Kerlan-Jobe Clinic/Select Physical Therapy in Los Angeles
-Howard Head Sports Medicine/Steadman-Hawkins Clinic in Vail
-Champion Sports/ASMI in Birmingham
-Hospital For Special Surgery Sports Rehab in NYC
-Cincinnati Children's in Cincinnati
-Santa Monica Orthopedic Group in Los Angeles

I know there are a ton more. I listed these as I have trained there or know someone who has. Any info would help! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Univeristy of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) Center for Sports Medicine is a very impressive clinic in the city of Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Penguins, and University of Pittsburgh all receive their orthopedic and pt services there.

Sports Rehabilitation and PT associates in Kansas City metro. I used to work there and it is a phenomenal place to work, learn and have a great time doing it.