List poster presentation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kardio

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The work was presented on a poster in a conference in another country. I was listed as an author on the poster itself. I was not present at the conference.

Does this count as a “poster presentation”?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was a research assistant at a neuroscience lab during my senior year. This culminated to about 400 hours of in-lab time. My work involved MatLab programming (for data exploration), running operant chambers/general experiment management, literature review and building small voltmeters. One of my LORs is from the PI.

Over the year, I wrote two progress reports to get credits. The results of study have not been published. The work, however, was presented on a poster in a neuroscience conference in another country. I was listed as a middle author on the poster itself.

Yes, as you were listed as an author, you can list this poster on a med school application with its citation under a Presentations/Posters tag. Be sure to mention that the Xth author was the presenter. Research is a team sport and you want to give credit where it is due.

Reactions: 2 users
I was a research assistant at a neuroscience lab during my senior year. This culminated to about 400 hours of in-lab time. My work involved MatLab programming (for data exploration), running operant chambers/general experiment management, literature review and building small voltmeters. One of my LORs is from the PI.

Over the year, I wrote two progress reports to get credits. The results of study have not been published. The work, however, was presented on a poster in a neuroscience conference in another country. I was listed as a middle author on the poster itself. I was not present at the conference.

You didn't present the poster but you can still say a poster was presented by the first author or whoever presented it in the same area you describe the research. I was author on two abstracts one being presented as a talk and I was presenting a separate poster on the other one at the same conference so i mentioned both and just made it clear I wasn't the one actually presenting the first but I was an author on it just to show I contributed to both.

Reactions: 1 users
Great. I originally thought I had to be the one who made the literal poster or did the literal presentation for this to count. I will be sure to explicitly clarify who the presenter was and that I was not present at the conference.

Thank you @freedoctor17 and @Catalystik

Reactions: 1 users