Stop the Shananigans!i!i!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Composite: 29
English:28
Math:28
Reading:32
Science:28
Science was a surprise i thought i made like a 16 on it lol.
I hope everyone did as well as they wanted to on it.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't do as well as I would have like, but it was my first.
I got a 22.
English--> 23
English 23
checkmark.gif
Yes. But you can further improve your English skills. Usage/Mechanics 11 Rhetorical Skills 13 Mathematics 20 No. Learn how to get ready for college-level classes in mathematics. Pre-Algebra/Elem. Algebra 09 Algebra/Coord. Geometry 13 Plane Geometry/Trig. 10 Reading 24
checkmark.gif
Yes. But you can further improve your reading skills. Social Studies/Sciences 11 Arts/Literature 15 Science 19 No. Learn how to get ready for college-level classes in science. Combined English/Writing 23 Writing (score range 2 to 12) 08 Learn how to further improve your writing skills.
=(

I hope to get like a 27 on my next one. I didn't exactly study for this one, so yeah.

Composite: 31-same as last time

english: 35
math: 29
reading: 36
science: 24
english/writing combined: 32

I hate the science part! I skipped reading the passages and went straight to the questions and I still didn't even get to 2 passages. A whole bunch of random guessing too on the passages that did get to.

Good news is, that was my last big test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Composite-30...ugh same as last time
English-31
Math-28
Reading-32
Science-30

Writing-10

I still dont understand the whole writing part. It seems most colleges dont look at it. Dang glowworm, your very good in the english and the reading sections.

I still dont understand the whole writing part. It seems most colleges dont look at it. Dang glowworm, your very good in the english and the reading sections.

Well, yeah, thanks, but it sucks being good at pointless stuff and then not doing so well in useful stuff like math and science. I mean seriously, besides being an English teacher, why do you need to know every grammar rule in the book? I would trade my english and reading scores for good math and science scores any day. It especially looks bad when your lowest score is in science and you want to go in to a science-based field.

I guess I should just be happy with what I have, but I would really like to be talented in the stuff I like. Or maybe math and science are just harder for most people.

Last edited:
Composite: 29
English:28
Math:28
Reading:32
Science:28
Science was a surprise i thought i made like a 16 on it lol.
I hope everyone did as well as they wanted to on it.

I am very jealous of your science score. I thought I did badly on science and then I did even worse than I thought. But anyway, congratz:hardy: that was a tough section.

I didn't do as well as I would have like, but it was my first.
I got a 22.
English--> 23
English 23
checkmark.gif
Yes. But you can further improve your English skills. Usage/Mechanics 11 Rhetorical Skills 13 Mathematics 20 No. Learn how to get ready for college-level classes in mathematics. Pre-Algebra/Elem. Algebra 09 Algebra/Coord. Geometry 13 Plane Geometry/Trig. 10 Reading 24
checkmark.gif
Yes. But you can further improve your reading skills. Social Studies/Sciences 11 Arts/Literature 15 Science 19 No. Learn how to get ready for college-level classes in science. Combined English/Writing 23 Writing (score range 2 to 12) 08 Learn how to further improve your writing skills.
=(

I hope to get like a 27 on my next one. I didn't exactly study for this one, so yeah.

I got a 21 my first time and a 25 my second... I'm shooting for a 29. It's possible to improve that much but you'll have to work at it.

I am very jealous of your science score. I thought I did badly on science and then I did even worse than I thought. But anyway, congratz:hardy: that was a tough section.

I heard science was killer this time around; I'm almost glad I didn't take it. The first time I took the ACT I got a 14 on the science section, haha. I've got a 22 right now I think.

I got a 21 my first time and a 25 my second... I'm shooting for a 29. It's possible to improve that much but you'll have to work at it.

I, sadly, could never really force myself to study or retake the SAT.

I, sadly, could never really force myself to study or retake the SAT.

My mom signed me up for a workshop; it was eighty dollars so I wasn't going to skipout... plus my friend Tim was in it too so it was entertaining at least. It helped me out a bit, it wasn't as much the lecture as it was just sitting down and practicing the test and becoming more familiar with the format.

I'm one of those weird people who does badly when I test around other people because I always want to finish first... it helped me relax and focus a bit more.

My mom signed me up for a workshop; it was eighty dollars so I wasn't going to skipout... plus my friend Tim was in it too so it was entertaining at least. It helped me out a bit, it wasn't as much the lecture as it was just sitting down and practicing the test and becoming more familiar with the format.

I'm one of those weird people who does badly when I test around other people because I always want to finish first... it helped me relax and focus a bit more.

Nice! Glad the class helped out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, shoot for a 36. That way if you miss you still get around a 30 :D

Haha, I'll remember that thanks. Although people who get 36s annoy me with their perfectness. I might try and be modest and go for a 35 instead.;)

One of my best friends got a 30. He called like 30 ppl, and said,"I got a 30, you know that's 1 more point the what Ethan got".
Thanks to this db, i'm now going to attempt to study, and try to get around a 34. Just so i can rub it in his face :)

:) Reading this thread makes me glad that I did well the first time.

Word of advice on the science section: a lot of the sample experiments are taken directly from freshmen science classes. I did really well because I took my science classes up at the local community college and had already done the hypothetical experiments. Talk to your teachers about this--they might be able to hook you up with a freshman lab book or something.

Well, yeah, thanks, but it sucks being good at pointless stuff and then not doing so well in useful stuff like math and science. I mean seriously, besides being an English teacher, why do you need to know every grammar rule in the book? I would trade my english and reading scores for good math and science scores any day. It especially looks bad when your lowest score is in science and you want to go in to a science-based field.

I guess I should just be happy with what I have, but I would really like to be talented in the stuff I like. Or maybe math and science are just harder for most people.

The science section of the ACT really doesn't have much relevance with "science". It's just interpreting a bunch of graphs and other analytical things.

It definitely doesn't show you have some pre-disposition for or against science, so don't worry much about it.

:) Reading this thread makes me glad that I did well the first time.

Word of advice on the science section: a lot of the sample experiments are taken directly from freshmen science classes. I did really well because I took my science classes up at the local community college and had already done the hypothetical experiments. Talk to your teachers about this--they might be able to hook you up with a freshman lab book or something.

Thanks for your advice.

What score did you get on your science section ?

Heh. Actually, English was my lowest score. I wanted to retake it so that I could improve upon it, but I was petrified that my science score was some kind of fluke and I'd do horrible on it like everyone else, the second time around. Plus, I'm poor and didn't have the money to cough up for a second round. So I didn't retake. I think all you people who are retaking it three and four times... are a little crazy. I don't know where you get the money.

Heh. Actually, English was my lowest score. I wanted to retake it so that I could improve upon it, but I was petrified that my science score was some kind of fluke and I'd do horrible on it like everyone else, the second time around. Plus, I'm poor and didn't have the money to cough up for a second round. So I didn't retake. I think all you people who are retaking it three and four times... are a little crazy. I don't know where you get the money.

I can totally understand that. One of my friends can not take many standardized tests either. She has to work and support her family too. She also has to take of her little brother. Sometimes, it makes me rally want to help her because of that. :(

Yeah, I feel her pain--I'm not supporting my family, but I am supporting myself, and money is tight for everyone in the U.S. right now. I'm lucky to have steady income.

Thank god I got into my college early enough that I was able to withdraw all my other applications--all those fees would have killed me! :eek:

Yeah, I feel her pain--I'm not supporting my family, but I am supporting myself, and money is tight for everyone in the U.S. right now. I'm lucky to have steady income.

Thank god I got into my college early enough that I was able to withdraw all my other applications--all those fees would have killed me! :eek:

I see what you mean.

It's good you are getting steady income, which can support yourself. I am also glad the college applications don't cause you a lot of money now.

Well, I am sure you are more independent, mature, and responsible than some of us because most of teenagers don't work and support themselves. Hope you will be successfully in college years. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks... I did study a lot, because I couldn't count on taking it a second time.

What worries me is that a lot of the med students say that they barely studied for the SAT/ACT and did awesome, but when they studied their butts off for the MCAT, they just barely scraped average. If we're all studying out butts off for these scores, what's going to happen to us when the MCAT comes?

Thanks... I did study a lot, because I couldn't count on taking it a second time.

What worries me is that a lot of the med students say that they barely studied for the SAT/ACT and did awesome, but when they studied their butts off for the MCAT, they just barely scraped average. If we're all studying out butts off for these scores, what's going to happen to us when the MCAT comes?

I think what we can only do is to study MCAT really hard, take it. If we get low, score, stand up and do it again.

Also, MCAT is made for smart people who want to become doctor. ACT and SAT are made for pretty much all high school graduates. So, there is a keen competition in MCAT.

I've got almost straight 26s...

English:26
Math:26
Writing:26
Science:22

Which means I have to improve on everything... yay...

It's the second time I've taken it so I was still getting used to how to find the answers... I think it's a vast improvement to my 14 sophomore year though... haha.

It's the second time I've taken it so I was still getting used to how to find the answers... I think it's a vast improvement to my 14 sophomore year though... haha.

Haha definately. Is it just getting through all the material in time, or not being able to figure out the answers?

Neither really... more that I don't go through it thoroughly enough to get the right answers I guess. I get everything when I read it but then when the questions come I tend to second guess myself... or try to answer the wrong question... if that makes any sense at all, haha.

Questions first, then read the passage/info. Definatly the way to go :D

Haha, I'll remember that. I s'pose I should dig out that practice book. ick.

Haha, well some of us are not as naturally talented as you are Kemp.

Haha, you totally are going to be awesome. I can feel it.

Hahaha, well if you say so it must be true then right?

... sure...

haha. jk.

:hijacked:

C'mon, guys, we've talked about this...

(we're hopeless at this)

Man, as a newcomer to this forum, you guys are really good at highjacking threads :D

On a separate note, I see that a lot of people here have taken the ACT. Is that a big test in places other than the Northeast? About 1 in every 5 kids I know has only taken the SAT, but it seems like the opposite here.

I am very fluent in hijaking threads.

Haha, the main areas for ACT are the midwest/east coast. SAT is mainly for the West coast schools.

Man, as a newcomer to this forum, you guys are really good at highjacking threads :D

On a separate note, I see that a lot of people here have taken the ACT. Is that a big test in places other than the Northeast? About 1 in every 5 kids I know has only taken the SAT, but it seems like the opposite here.

Generally, SAT is for the north and northeast, and the ACT is for the south, but colleges now tend to accept both. Some people find the ACT easier, and other find the SAT easier. For whatever reason, everyone thinks the ACT is easier, so they only take that one. I took both and am glad that I did.

We are very good at it. We're trying to stop. :rolleyes:

Haha, the main areas for ACT are the midwest/east coast. SAT is mainly for the West coast schools.

Lol. We're also very good at giving contradictory information.

Kemp, I agree that midwest is ACT, but I really think that the east coast is mostly SAT. For now. I don't know jack about west coast schools, though, so we'll just say that you're right on that one.

Haha, I'm thinking about making it my major.

That's exactly what it is. Most Northeastern and Ivy League schools prefer the SAT; but schools down south tend to lean towards the ACT. I've always been told to take both and really work on the one you're more proficient in. If a college does specifically want one then they might ask you to take it prior to acceptance.

Once you are H.SDN member, you will see a social forum. You have to be extra careful to make a thread. There are many pirates who hijack threads. Yes, we can.

Friendly remainder: I'm often the victim.

Last edited:
Once you are H.SDN member, you will see a social forum. You have to be extra careful to make a thread. There are many pirates who hijack threads. Yes, we can.

Friendly remainder: I'm often the victim.

Arr!