Listing a W summer class on AMCAS app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trillianMcMillan

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all - I've got a bit of a weird situation with summer classes, would anyone know how to list this in AMCAS? I took Physics I & II at two different branches of my local university (UState-CityA; UState-CityB) over summer sessions, two consecutive summers. The first summer, I took Physics I at CityA. The second summer, I initially enrolled in Physics II at CityA, but had a family-related scheduling conflict arise, so I dropped it (unfortunately after the drop period, so it's listed as a W) and enrolled in the same course at nearby CityB, which had a later start-date. My question is: when listing CityA in my universities on AMCAS, should I set my start & end date to include *both* summers, including the second summer when I didn't actually take any CityA classes, but just have a W listed for that one class?
Second question: the university system can actually send transcripts for both CityA & B as one combined transcript, but I don't see a way to do that in AMCAS, so I'm assuming I'll just need to request transcripts for both?

Members don't see this ad.