This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

trillianMcMillan

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all - I've got a bit of a weird situation with summer classes, would anyone know how to list this in AMCAS? I took Physics I & II at two different branches of my local university (UState-CityA; UState-CityB) over summer sessions, two consecutive summers. The first summer, I took Physics I at CityA. The second summer, I initially enrolled in Physics II at CityA, but had a family-related scheduling conflict arise, so I dropped it (unfortunately after the drop period, so it's listed as a W) and enrolled in the same course at nearby CityB, which had a later start-date. My question is: when listing CityA in my universities on AMCAS, should I set my start & end date to include *both* summers, including the second summer when I didn't actually take any CityA classes, but just have a W listed for that one class?
Second question: the university system can actually send transcripts for both CityA & B as one combined transcript, but I don't see a way to do that in AMCAS, so I'm assuming I'll just need to request transcripts for both?