Listing many publications on AMCAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J Doe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a research background and have published 20+ papers during my career. I have a question about how do I list these publications in the Work and Activities Section on the AMCAS application?

Should I try to list all the publications? Or should I list the Pubmed ID [PMID]?

There is a limit of 700 characters and 1325 characters for most meaningful experience.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I have a research background and have published 20+ papers during my career. I have a question about how do I list these publications in the Work and Activities Section on the AMCAS application?

Should I try to list all the publications? Or should I list the Pubmed ID [PMID]?

There is a limit of 700 characters and 1325 characters for most meaningful experience.

Thanks
There is no one way you have to list your pubs. Truncate the formal citation as needed, but keep the PMID#. Organize, perhaps, by authorship position and then date of publication. Here is an example of how one member did it: *~*~*~* Official AMCAS "Work/Activities" Tips Thread 2020-2021 *~*~*~*

Reactions: 1 user
Hi I tried your method but I'm still at 4500 characters.

Do you think I should just highlight the key papers? Or have my letter writers refer to the papers in their recommendation letters?

Is there some way to upload a CV on the AMCAS website?

I don't think I can fit all the publications onto the AMCAS website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I tried your method but I'm still at 4500 characters.

Do you think I should just highlight the key papers? Or have my letter writers refer to the papers in their recommendation letters?

Is there some way to upload a CV on the AMCAS website?

I don't think I can fit all the publications onto the AMCAS website.
There is no CV upload feature, but can you create a link with all your pubs (I don't remember the name of the website, but there is one which is used by a few schools to verify all your pubs). Or if all your pubs are listed on pubmed or something - use that link. Highlight important ones and leave the link for all others.

So, you have been trying to reapply after your MD PhD since 2017?

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe I can have my letter writers refer to the papers in their recommendation letters?