Listing Step2 as "Will Take"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

georgelucas45

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not yet taken step 2 and filled it in as "Will take" on ERAS. If I can't change my CAF once I submit, am I at a disadvantage since programs won't know that I'm, "awaiting results" and "Passed"? Is this not a big deal?

Members don't see this ad.

You can send them an updated transcript once your score is back. Or, if you chose "automatically update" in the USMLE section, they might even get the score before you do.

I have not yet taken step 2 and filled it in as "Will take" on ERAS. If I can't change my CAF once I submit, am I at a disadvantage since programs won't know that I'm, "awaiting results" and "Passed"? Is this not a big deal?

Well there is a spot on there for you to put in a month and year for when you "Will take," so if you put that in then they will at least know you took it then and are either still awaiting results or that you didn't do as well as you wanted to and have chosen not to send an updated USMLE transcript. Clearly you can't put "Passed" yet if you haven't taken it.