Littmann Cardiology IV vs Tycos Harvey DLX Dual Head

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dancingdoc5

Reaction score
I'm an M1 and we have to buy either a Littmann Cardiology IV or a Tycos Harvey DLX Dual Head for classes. The Littmann is more expensive by $32. Which one should I choose? Is the Littmann worth the additional fee?

I'd love to hear your opinions. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Go with the cheaper option. You’ll never be able to tell the difference... maybe when you start your cardiology fellowship it might matter, but until then, it won’t at all.

Or go with the one that has your preferred color scheme.

Reactions: 1 users
Go with the cheaper option. You’ll never be able to tell the difference... maybe when you start your cardiology fellowship it might matter, but until then, it won’t at all.

Or go with the one that has your preferred color scheme.
I'm in cardiology fellowship and it doesn't matter. I have a 20 dollar one of Amazon and it works fine.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I bought the cardiology IV, I like it but at the med student level (where I live) I can't say its made a huge difference. The only nice part I really noticed was that there's a lot less rubbing noise.

buy the one that is the longest

Reactions: 1 users
I bought the cardiology IV, I like it but at the med student level (where I live) I can't say its made a huge difference. The only nice part I really noticed was that there's a lot less rubbing noise.

I use a long cheapo ($40) Littman lightweight and it has zero rubbing noise too. I like it because it’s long, cheap, and light.

Reactions: 1 user