Littmann Quality III?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ibarne242

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Littmann quality 2, which is I guess the "standard" but I think it's common knowledge that you can't hear much with it.
On myself and other men, I can hear the basic heart sounds most of the time. On women I barely can, let alone murmurs. My fingers I think are creaky and that's what's causing the sounds to be hard for me to hear, weirdly. Anyway, I was wondering if the Littmann III should be better for this.
Does anyone know what's going on with the bell of the classic Littmann III? It's like a diaphragm and a bell at the same time depending on something? Idk.

Members don't see this ad.

I currently have a Littmann quality 2, which is I guess the "standard" but I think it's common knowledge that you can't hear much with it.
On myself and other men, I can hear the basic heart sounds most of the time. On women I barely can, let alone murmurs. My fingers I think are creaky and that's what's causing the sounds to be hard for me to hear, weirdly. Anyway, I was wondering if the Littmann III should be better for this.
Does anyone know what's going on with the bell of the classic Littmann III? It's like a diaphragm and a bell at the same time depending on something? Idk.

I'm not sure about the "classic", but pretty much every single person I know uses the Littman Cardiology III and I've heard everything just fine thus far.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You already have one. Don't waste your money getting a "better" one. The 2 is quality enough to pick these sounds up. Just like any skill, auscultation needs to be practiced. You will get there

Lits are the apple of steths. Overpriced and all the cool kids have one. There are other brands to explore.

I have a II and a IV. The IV is a little better, a little heavier, which i like. But if your not a cardiologist, a II, III, or IV will do. This is coming from someone who has been a nurse for 6 years. I have listened to a few hearts.

just get the cards iii or iv.

Please don't get the cardiology. We, Med students have no clue how to use it.

Also your professors will probably teach you with the cheap litmann. You will have to have to examine the pt differently with a cardiology IV then your professor taught.

Please don't get the cardiology. We, Med students have no clue how to use it.

Also your professors will probably teach you with the cheap litmann. You will have to have to examine the pt differently with a cardiology IV then your professor taught.

screw it, just get the electronic 3200.

p.s. if anyone hasn't played around with a Littmann 3100 0r 3200, they are pretty neat.

p.s.a. Totally joking about getting an electronic steth. I agree with getfat. Just use what you have, or buy the cheapo for now.

Reactions: 1 user