You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LIU Brooklyn C/O 2023.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm almost finished with my application. My recommendations are in, yet I've my transcript and essay to go.
Let's see where this application cycle takes me. Fingers crossed.
Let's see where this application cycle takes me. Fingers crossed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woo-hooooo! Hello! Did you send in your application?! I finished, but I'm too scared to send mine in. 🙁Hey there,
I'll also be applying for fall 2019 entry too!
No, I didn't finish the application at all lol I just took PCAT a few days ago. I asked the LoR to be sent by mid October so I'll be submitting mine around that time. Do you know if they have rolling admissions or not? If yes, you should submit your application!
Are you an LIU student, because I am! 🙂 There is rolling admission, but I believe they stop around May-ish.
Oh, and the PCAT! Congratulations! Was yours hard? I took mine in July.
Last edited:
Nah, graduated from Fordham, and taking some of the remaining prerequisites at CUNY. PCAT wasn't that hard for me! How was yours if you don't mind sharing? My concern with the application process is that my GPA isn't that competitive compared to other candidates (sGPA: 3.00ish cGPA: 3.4) and I'm trying to show them I'm proving by updating my transcripts to them whenever availableAre you an LIU student, because I am! 🙂 There is rolling admission, but i believe they stop around May-ish.
Oh, and the PCAT! Congratulations! Was yours hard? I took mine in July.
Nah, graduated from Fordham, and taking some of the remaining prerequisites at CUNY. PCAT wasn't that hard for me! How was yours if you don't mind sharing? My concern with the application process is that my GPA isn't that competitive compared to other candidates (sGPA: 3.00ish cGPA: 3.4) and I'm trying to show them I'm proving by updating my transcripts to them whenever availableIdk if my PCAT score alone would be enough for them to give me a chance for an interview 🙁
I'm a sophomore, so I didn't take like most of the classes required for the PCAT. For that reason, it was slightly harder for me. I mean, I got over a 400, which surprised me! I tried, man. LIU requires over a 375, so as long as we hit over that mark by much points, you'll be fine. LIU takes people with cGPAs of 3.4~. I have around a 3.5, so I think we'll be okay!
Your PCAT score is GREAT, though! You will definitely get an interview! You probably have great extracurriculars, too. I have minimal pharmacy experience. 🙁 Like, virtually none.
I do have about 1.5 yr research experience at Mount Sinai and 1 yr experience at an independent pharmacy. But, there are SO many applicants without pharmacy experience and they get accepted so as long as you show strong academic background and willing to learn, I'm sure they'll take youI'm a sophomore, so I didn't take like most of the classes required for the PCAT. For that reason, it was slightly harder for me. I mean, I got over a 400, which surprised me! I tried, man. LIU requires over a 375, so as long as we hit over that mark by much points, you'll be fine. LIU takes people with cGPAs of 3.4~. I have around a 3.5, so I think we'll be okay!
Your PCAT score is GREAT, though! You will definitely get an interview! You probably have great extracurriculars, too. I have minimal pharmacy experience. 🙁 Like, virtually none.
I do have about 1.5 yr research experience at Mount Sinai and 1 yr experience at an independent pharmacy. But, there are SO many applicants without pharmacy experience and they get accepted so as long as you show strong academic background and willing to learn, I'm sure they'll take you![]()
Hey! Did you apply, yet?! I sent in my application, my transcripts, and now I am waiting. PharmCAS just received my transcripts, so hopefully I hear back soon.
Nope, I didn't apply yet. But I'll submit mine before the end of October. Good luck!Hey! Did you apply, yet?! I sent in my application, my transcripts, and now I am waiting. PharmCAS just received my transcripts, so hopefully I hear back soon.
Nope, I didn't apply yet. But I'll submit mine before the end of October. Good luck!
And you too! I'll post any updates I get. 😀 Good luck!
Accepted! Long Island University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Class of 2023! Thank God for such a swift and easy application process! 🙂
Last edited:
ChicPharmDee
Full Member
I also got accepted! LIU Brooklyn, Class of 2023! Thank you to all the threads that have been made in the past on here up to now! Greatest achievement as of yet! Can't wait to begin P3! 
I also got accepted! LIU Brooklyn, Class of 2023! Thank you to all the threads that have been made in the past on here up to now! Greatest achievement as of yet! Can't wait to begin P3!![]()
You can say that again! I was so nervous I wouldn't get in, so SDN has been my go-to site for daily words of encouragement. I kept telling myself if they can get in, I can get in too. I thank God we did.
Congratulations on your acceptance @ChicPharmDee, though! Hey-hey, future classmate! Do you know how long of a time we have to accept (or decline) our seats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChicPharmDee
Full Member
I think 3-4 weeks. Not too sure about that though.
Omg! Congratulations! That was so fast! How was the interview process and everything? I'm glad that everything went smoothly for you!Accepted! Long Island University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Class of 2023! Thank God for such a swift and easy application process! 🙂
I think 3-4 weeks. Not too sure about that though.
It is $500 dollars to accept my position. Wow. ☹️
Omg! Congratulations! That was so fast! How was the interview process and everything? I'm glad that everything went smoothly for you!
Thank you for the well wishes!
I agree; everything went by so fast! I am still in awe, lol. The interview process was very smooth, but just be prepared to look very professional, so you can stand out amongst the batch.
It took maybe one week for me to hear back from LIU altogether. I think the next interview date is in mid-November!
Thanks for the tip! Was the interview individual and MMI? The format of interview wasn't clear on their official webisteThank you for the well wishes!
I agree; everything went by so fast! I am still in awe, lol. The interview process was very smooth, but just be prepared to look very professional, so you can stand out amongst the batch.
It took maybe one week for me to hear back from LIU altogether. I think the next interview date is in mid-November!
Thanks for the tip! Was the interview individual and MMI? The format of interview wasn't clear on their official webiste
It was only a group interview. I prefer that over individual interviews, though!
Group interviews as in you're in a room full of applicants and interviewers and discuss why you want to pursue the field, why our school, etc in front of everyone?? This is the most unexpected form of interview lolIt was only a group interview. I prefer that over individual interviews, though!
Group interviews as in you're in a room full of applicants and interviewers and discuss why you want to pursue the field, why our school, etc in front of everyone?? This is the most unexpected form of interview lol
Yes, exactly that! Each group had five interviewees, plus the two interviewrs.
I must admit, it was very intimidating because everyone was watching. So practice, practice, practice. It will be noticable if someone is underprepared.
Oh wow, that's so intimidating and uncomfortable lol thank you for the tips! I submitted my apps on the last day of October, and waiting for the interview offer. I hope I get it 🙁Yes, exactly that! Each group had five interviewees, plus the two interviewrs.
I must admit, it was very intimidating because everyone was watching. So practice, practice, practice. It will be noticable if someone is underprepared.
Oh wow, that's so intimidating and uncomfortable lol thank you for the tips! I submitted my apps on the last day of October, and waiting for the interview offer. I hope I get it 🙁
Good luck! You'll probably get an interview soon! From what you told me, your stats sound great. It is also still pretty earlier in the application season.
ChicPharmDee
Full Member
Updaaaates on LIU Pharmacy's CO' 2023? 
We're awfully quiet on this site...
We're awfully quiet on this site...
I just got my interview date for friday febuary 22nd!
Can anyone give me insight on what kinds of questions are asked or how to prepare? I am pretty good with interviews usually, and just want to nail this one
Can anyone give me insight on what kinds of questions are asked or how to prepare? I am pretty good with interviews usually, and just want to nail this one
I just got my interview date for friday febuary 22nd!
Can anyone give me insight on what kinds of questions are asked or how to prepare? I am pretty good with interviews usually, and just want to nail this one
Hi! Congratulations on your interview! So exciting!
To prepare, I’d say for you to know why you want to do pharmacy! What led up to your decision to be a pharmacist? What qualities do you have that will make you a good health professional? What will you do with your degree? Consider those things, and you’ll be in good shape for the interview!
Don’t forget to dress to impress! 🙂
Accepted! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lionsheart
New Member
Hey, many luck to you KaeG5. My interview is this Friday(March 22nd) as well. I'm excited and nervous, guess is normal. GodIsBeautiful thanks for the insight!
Waterfall546
New Member
My interview was on feb. 22nd and it went great. But I got an email from LIU that they put me on wait list Idk what that means.
Waterfall546
New Member
Anyone else wait listed as well?
Lionsheart
New Member
I Just had an interview today. How long did it take for you to get a respond from LIU? I'm not sure what wait list means, but if I was to guess maybe they want to complete all interviews before granting a final decision. Just keep your figures crossed and pray about it and you should be fine.
Waterfall546
New Member
How'd it go? It took me exactly 3 weeks for them to let me know I'm on the wait list.I Just had an interview today. How long did it take for you to get a respond from LIU? I'm not sure what wait list means, but if I was to guess maybe they want to complete all interviews before granting a final decision. Just keep your figures crossed and pray about it and you should be fine.
Waterfall546
New Member
My friend was also interviewed on feb. 22 and it's been 4 weeks now, she hasn't heard back yet.
Waterfall546
New Member
Oh okI know they said they are backed up because someone in admissions is in a new position.
Waterfall546
New Member
I called them yesterday to get some more info on the wait list procedure .. They transferred my call to admissions and then to some one else and no one picked up so I left a message. No one got back to me
Congratulations, soon-to-be classmate! I hope a Facebook page is made soon! 😀Accepted! 🙂
My interview was on feb. 22nd and it went great. But I got an email from LIU that they put me on wait list Idk what that means.
🙁 Have hope! What I can tell you is a great number of people accepted may possibly fail Organic Chemistry, thus lose their spot at the school. That opens up seats for those wait-listed. I hope that helps.
I Just had an interview today. How long did it take for you to get a respond from LIU? I'm not sure what wait list means, but if I was to guess maybe they want to complete all interviews before granting a final decision. Just keep your figures crossed and pray about it and you should be fine.
I love this spirit!
Waterfall546
New Member
I hope they email me with good news🙁 Have hope! What I can tell you is a great number of people accepted may possibly fail Organic Chemistry, thus lose their spot at the school. That opens up seats for those wait-listed. I hope that helps.
I hope they email me with good news
Same here. I'll be rooting for you! Did you apply elsewhere?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waterfall546
New Member
Thank you! It means a lot! Yes I applied to MCPHS, I got accepted in that. But it's too far for me and hoping I get in somewhere closer to homeSame here. I'll be rooting for you! Did you apply elsewhere?
Thank you! It means a lot! Yes I applied to MCPHS, I got accepted in that. But it's too far for me and hoping I get in somewhere closer to home
Congratulations on your acceptance. 🙂
So, you’re East Coast! I know there is ACPHS, D’Youville, and St. John Fisher University also in NY for Pharmacy! But those are not in the city.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K