Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

LIU Brooklyn C/O 2023.

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by GodIsBeautiful, Jul 9, 2018.

1. GodIsBeautiful

GodIsBeautiful Dee-Dee.

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi, is anyone looking to apply to LIU Brooklyn - Pharmacy in Fall 2019?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GodIsBeautiful

GodIsBeautiful Dee-Dee.

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm almost finished with my application. My recommendations are in, yet I've my transcript and essay to go.

Let's see where this application cycle takes me. Fingers crossed.

4. kys

kys
    2+ Year Member

Hey there,
    I'll also be applying for fall 2019 entry too!

GodIsBeautiful likes this.
  5. GodIsBeautiful

GodIsBeautiful Dee-Dee.

Pre-Pharmacy
    Woo-hooooo! Hello! Did you send in your application?! I finished, but I'm too scared to send mine in. :(

6. kys

kys
    2+ Year Member

No, I didn't finish the application at all lol I just took PCAT a few days ago. I asked the LoR to be sent by mid October so I'll be submitting mine around that time. Do you know if they have rolling admissions or not? If yes, you should submit your application!

7. GodIsBeautiful

GodIsBeautiful Dee-Dee.

Pre-Pharmacy
    Are you an LIU student, because I am! :) There is rolling admission, but i believe they stop around May-ish.

Oh, and the PCAT! Congratulations! Was yours hard? I took mine in July.

8. kys

kys
    2+ Year Member

Nah, graduated from Fordham, and taking some of the remaining prerequisites at CUNY. PCAT wasn't that hard for me! How was yours if you don't mind sharing? My concern with the application process is that my GPA isn't that competitive compared to other candidates (sGPA: 3.00ish cGPA: 3.4) and I'm trying to show them I'm proving by updating my transcripts to them whenever available :dead: Idk if my PCAT score alone would be enough for them to give me a chance for an interview :(

9. GodIsBeautiful

GodIsBeautiful Dee-Dee.

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm a sophomore, so I didn't take like most of the classes required for the PCAT. For that reason, it was slightly harder for me. I mean, I got over a 400, which surprised me! I tried, man. LIU requires over a 375, so as long as we hit over that mark by much points, you'll be fine. LIU takes people with cGPAs of 3.4~. I have around a 3.5, so I think we'll be okay!

Your PCAT score is GREAT, though! You will definitely get an interview! You probably have great extracurriculars, too. I have minimal pharmacy experience. :( Like, virtually none.

10. kys

kys
    2+ Year Member

I do have about 1.5 yr research experience at Mount Sinai and 1 yr experience at an independent pharmacy. But, there are SO many applicants without pharmacy experience and they get accepted so as long as you show strong academic background and willing to learn, I'm sure they'll take you :happy: