LIU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RoseFutureDVM7

Reaction score
Heyooo, anybody else applying to LIU this cycle? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I am applying to LIU! I have not heard back from them yet :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was just curious on their list of requirements it mentioned a personal statement... Did I miss that when applying? I answered the supplemental essay question they included I just feel like that doesn't count as a personal statement and got nervous I missed a section or didnt upload something I was supposed to. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help haha.

Hi! I was just curious on their list of requirements it mentioned a personal statement... Did I miss that when applying? I answered the supplemental essay question they included I just feel like that doesn't count as a personal statement and got nervous I missed a section or didnt upload something I was supposed to. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help haha.

No the supplemental answer was their "personal statement". For the documents, they only had the option to upload your resume!

I got an invitation for a virtual interview next friday

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys! I applied to LIU this round, OOS. I had not heard anything from them yet, so i sent an email making sure I had completed everything.

This was the response - so nobody freak out yet! :)

You have not received any emails because we have only been contacting applicants with problems associated with their VMCAS. You application is complete, it has been reviewed and undergone the first round of essay reviews. We are in the middle of the second round of essay reviews which we hope to have completed before Thanksgiving. We will be ranking applicants and inviting the top percentage to interviews after that. We anticipate interviews being conducted remotely the week of Jan 4-9th

Karen Inzana, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Neurology)
Professor and Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Outcomes Assessment
College of Veterinary Medicine
720 Northern Boulevard
Long Island University, Brookville NY 11548
College of Veterinary Medicine | Long Island University

Office: 516-299-3688

Fax: 516-229-3867

Reactions: 8 users
Invitations to interview will go out next week, per an email I received in reply to one I sent to Dr.Izana.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Hi all,
anyone have any info on how many applications they received this cycle? anyone on here that is currently attending LIU? i have so many questions about this school and would love some direction

Last edited:
Hi all,
anyone have any info on how many applications they received this cycle? anyone on here that is currently attending LIU? i have so many questions about this school and would love some direction
Same!! I’d love to hear from the current students

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when we are supposed to be hearing about interviews? I tried to email them but they gave me a vague answer so I'm not sure when I should be hearing back from them about an interview.

Does anyone know when we are supposed to be hearing about interviews? I tried to email them but they gave me a vague answer so I'm not sure when I should be hearing back from them about an interview.
I got an email 12/1 that said this week they'd go out.

Are there any current students on this thread? I am interested to hear about your experiences!

Are there any current students on this thread? I am interested to hear about your experiences!
I don't think there are any active current LIU students here, unfortunately, especially with it being such a new school. If you've got a Facebook, you may be better off asking on the APVMA page; there are more people there than on SDN, so you'd be casting a wider net.

Do you guys think we will hear back today for sure? I haven’t stopped refreshing my email today 😆

I wish we had more information on last year’s accepted student stats
Do they favor high GPA? Experience? Etc..
anyone know anything about how they review applicants?

I literally just keep refreshing my email...

I wish we had more information on last year’s accepted student stats
Do they favor high GPA? Experience? Etc..
anyone know anything about how they review applicants?
I think because they are a fairly new program they really do not have much information out about their statistics

I had a really hard time finding anything on their website. In October I almost didn't take the CASPer because I didn't see it on their website
Same and questions I've emailed have gotten some circuitous answers. I want to be in vet school period but clarity would make me so happy lol

Same and questions I've emailed have gotten some circuitous answers. I want to be in vet school period but clarity would make me so happy lol
I completely agree! I understand with the pandemic its difficult, but I just want some definite answers to soothe my soul:lol:😅

I have not! the only email I got was a response to an inquiry. (I posted the email earlier in the thread)

I have not! the only email I got was a response to an inquiry. (I posted the email earlier in the thread)
They haven't really communicated anything, I think we are supposed to hear back this week though and considering today is Friday I would hope we would hear back today.