LIU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email on 12/14 asking me to pick a date and time for an interview! It'll be on 1/5.

Members don't see this ad.

LIU contacted me so they should be reaching out to everyone by this week!

Reactions: 2 users
I got an email on 12/14 asking me to pick a date and time for an interview! It'll be on 1/5.
I have my interview on January 4th. I will definitely post how it was for anyone who is interviewing after that date.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am very excited. Apparently the email they sent with the invitation did not go through. I had no way to know if it did or didn't. I just thought I didn't make the interview cut. Today THEY CALLED ME to tell me. I don't know if I am reading into it too strongly but it makes me feel very special. Tentatively interviewing at 1/7 8AM.

Reactions: 3 users
Do we email them if we didn't get a decision yet?

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering the same thing!
I just think that they are unorganized... I emailed them last week about when we should expect to hear back and they just said "shortly".

Did anyone get the follow up email regarding instructions on what to do for your interview? I registered, but they only sent me a registration confirmation. No zoom link or really any information regarding what will happen that day.

Did anyone get the follow up email regarding instructions on what to do for your interview? I registered, but they only sent me a registration confirmation. No zoom link or really any information regarding what will happen that day.
Not yet! I’m assuming it’ll be a day or two before the interviews start

I just got an email this morning with the zoom link and info!

I got zoom link in the email this am too.

I just received an email today that provided me with the zoom link.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone else that didn't get an interview offer- have you heard anything yet?

I haven’t heard anything :(
Have you emailed them? I've emailed them twice so far. Once two months ago and again two weeks ago when we originally told we would hear from them.

I figure it's not going to be good news but I'd still like to be properly rejected. It feels like I'm begging for a denial.

Have you emailed them? I've emailed them twice so far. Once two months ago and again two weeks ago when we originally told we would hear from them.

I figure it's not going to be good news but I'd still like to be properly rejected. It feels like I'm begging for a denial.
If they're doing multiple rounds in the way other schools seem to be, I suspect acceptances for the first wave will go out, then they'll start rolling out next waves of interviews. That's what Tufts and Penn seem to be doing. The first round is 1/5-1/9.

Does anyone have any advice on how to prep for an MMI? I haven’t had one yet!
the questions are copy-written so it's hard to find vet med examples but McMaster has a free guide that explains how it works and if you search MMI there are med related examples out there to get a feel for what you might be asked.

If they're doing multiple rounds in the way other schools seem to be, I suspect acceptances for the first wave will go out, then they'll start rolling out next waves of interviews. That's what Tufts and
6036709B-3D30-4F31-9598-7599636EA501.jpeg
Penn seem to be doing. The first round is 1/5-1/9.
That's exactly what they said!

Reactions: 1 users
I have my interview on January 4th. I will definitely post how it was for anyone who is interviewing after that date.
hi! just checking in to see how your interview went! I have mine this week & I am {obviously} super nervous.

hi! just checking in to see how your interview went! I have mine this week & I am {obviously} super nervous.
Hey! I made a mistake. I have mine tomorrow actually. I will be posting about it tomorrow because I am very nervous also.

y'all I have my interview tomorrow at 10am and im working the 3rd shift in the ICU tonight from 10:30pm-8:30am. The interview tomorrow is gonna be ROUGH haha (help)

Reactions: 2 users
y'all I have my interview tomorrow at 10am and im working the 3rd shift in the ICU tonight from 10:30pm-8:30am. The interview tomorrow is gonna be ROUGH haha (help)
I work third shift in the ER sometimes and got to church/lunch after I get off. A shower and a coffee usually allow me to function normally for a few more hours after work!!

Good luck to everyone this week! My interview is Saturday and I'm excited to hear how everyone's goes!

I interviewed today, feel free to ask questions!

I interviewed today, feel free to ask questions!
Were there any actor based scenarios or all look it over then just explain what you thought/would do? Did they give you time at all to ask questions about the school? How'd it go? :)

How did you feel? Were the questions manageable? Were the staff nice?
Questions definitely were manageable if you have a good grasp of how to formulate your thoughts quickly, and the staff were exceedingly nice. I felt super comfortable.

Were there any actor based scenarios or all look it over then just explain what you thought/would do? Did they give you time at all to ask questions about the school?
How'd it go?
It went really well! No videos, but not a lot of question time. They said to email all your questions.

Make sure you guys have a photo ID on hand for the interview, I had to sprint to my car to get my driver's license haha

• Haha
Hey! I made a mistake. I have mine tomorrow actually. I will be posting about it tomorrow because I am very nervous also.
Hi! I think you were in my interview group! I only realized because your last name is so unique! Hope it went well for you!

Last edited:
How did you prepare? Do you think that prep method was good? Thanks for the help!
I didn't prepare at all, but I never prepare for interviews aside from coming up with a few questions/looking up current events in the field.

Just finished my interview!

Yes, make sure you have some kind of photo ID with you, it doesn't matter what kind specifically.

This interview was my favorite that I have had so far, everyone was incredibly nice and even the one(s) who didn't talk much were still not intimidating. I felt like the 3 minutes to read the prompt and then 7 to discuss was ample time to get my point across. The interviewers did ask follow up questions on every scenario.

One thing that was SUPER helpful to me was that my first interviewer told me I could write down notes. I opened up a word document on my computer to the side of my screen and jotted down every thought I had while reading the prompt. This REALLY helped me feel more organized when speaking.

Overall I feel pretty confident about this interview and method in general. I know a lot of people are concerned with LIU being such a new school and all, but I felt they had everything handled extremely well even though there were a few technical difficulties. I was kicked out of my last breakout room and the interviewer tried to call me to get me back in, but my phone was on DND. I just clicked the original link I was sent and it added me back in!

yes, 3:30 EST! how do you feel?
I feel great. I was a little flustered on the first scenario becuase I had to run downstairs and grab my ID and so I was catching my breath the entire time 😅 everyone was super kind and sweet. Overall great experience.

Ok I’m glad I’m not the only one who had a panicked run to grab my ID! Lol I definitely felt flustered because of that and was worried I got off to a shaky start, but everyone was super nice! I generally wrapped up my answers 1-2 minutes before the end of the time period and the interviewers all had additional follow-up questions to tack on. Surprisingly, that part didn’t feel very stressful, it was more conversational. So don’t worry if this is your first MMI, I was super stressed about it and really it wasn’t bad at all.

Y'all, I took the interview half asleep and honestly it has definitely been the best interview so far. I'm not a person that prepares for interviews and out of all the interviews I've had so far, this school felt the most easy-going. The questions could be easy or difficult depending on what life experiences you've had, but honestly a lot of the topics I was asked, I had actually had classes that spoke about similar issues so it was pretty chill.
But yeah, don't forget your ID. I had to run around my house and find my ID, destroying everything in the way. Don't be stressed at all. Also, they may or may not have seen me wearing sweat pants instead of dress pants when I had to go run for my ID but idk

I'm kind of throwing off that they Didn't include like a video of the school or the curriculum. The only thing I know about the school is that its in a really nice area but I have no idea how it looks on the inside

I was told they'll be sending out a virtual tour in a few days

I was in my interview today but I got disconnected after the first question so I’m doing my interview again tomorrow at 2:05 so if you’re in that group see you then😅😂