LIU C/O 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS INTERVIEW!! Good Luck Everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Kinda depressed. Interviewed and waitlisted last year but my Casper score was badddd this year

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Interview!! I wonder how many people they are interviewing at once does anyone know?
I interviewed with them last year and it was 5 people per time slot because there were 5 MMI portions per interview and we all rotated every ten minutes. Since there are 7 timeslots per day (as stated in the email) and 4 days of interviews that would mean up to 245 people were invited to interview.

Am I the only one who has very low spirits right now because no interviews have come my way? man it’s tough out here

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Kinda depressed. Interviewed and waitlisted last year but my Casper score was badddd this year
Don't worry for one last year no one was told their Casper score so you don't know how you did. Also I talked to someone who is part of the admissions committee a professor. And he mentioned they where contemplating how to judge people whose scores may be lower this year than previous years and they weren't decided on how to approach that. But they mentioned they felt it was a bit unfair if someone happened to do worst on Casper this year and did better before so maybe they will take that into account.

I interviewed with them last year and it was 5 people per time slot because there were 5 MMI portions per interview and we all rotated every ten minutes. Since there are 7 timeslots per day (as stated in the email) and 4 days of interviews that would mean up to 245 people were invited to interview.
Theres about 3 rounds of interviews. Then out of those like 800 people they pick top 120 or so.

Am I the only one who has very low spirits right now because no interviews have come my way? man it’s tough out here
Don't be sad. For one its still very early on. Many schools don't get back to people until the next year. Infact last year liu didn't get back to people until January. 2. Not all schools even do interviews ! Cornell last year didnt do interviews ! Just sent out decisions first week of January. (Liu does do interviews but they do batches ) .

I haven’t heard anything from Liu, I’m hoping for something in the new year. I kept off of the forums for a couple months cuz it made me so stressed but I’m back on since I’m still stressed😭
At least no rejection yet so I can still have some hope😂

Random question, is public speaking required for this admission cycle? I am a little confused about the information provided on the website and want to make sure I take appropriate classes

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg the interview invite was in my spam folder, thank you to whoever said the email they sent it from LOL I definitely would not have found it otherwise :')))

Random question, is public speaking required for this admission cycle? I am a little confused about the information provided on the website and want to make sure I take appropriate classes
I’ve never taken public speaking in my life and got an interview so I’m going to say it’s not required lol

Right, i just wonder if they would want you to take it before start of classes.

Right, i just wonder if they would want you to take it before start of classes.
On their website:

Have your admissions requirements changed?

LIU-CVM has instituted a few of changes, see below.

• Online coursework from all accredited programs will be accepted
  • Courses with pass/fail grading will be accepted as long as the student receives a pass. These grades will not be averaged into GPA calculations.
  • The public speaking requirement is waived for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 admission cycles.
So waived this cycle too!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS interview invite!!!! Not expecting that email today!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I’m curious that this was the only one posted yesterday. Are there that many people not on the thread this yeae?
I was confused too, I was like where are the others? Maybe someone cancelled and then they offered that one spot to me. They gave me one time/date option and I said that works for me. I didn’t have options, which was fine by me, I was ecstatic I got an interview.

I was confused too, I was like where are the others? Maybe someone cancelled and then they offered that one spot to me. They gave me one time/date option and I said that works for me. I didn’t have options, which was fine by me, I was ecstatic I got an interview.
🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ I wish j could figure out their system/methods but I can’t 😂but congrats!!

Which day was it for?

I cancelled my interview recently so that may be why.

🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ I wish j could figure out their system/methods but I can’t 😂but congrats!!
Right? Thanks!!! I have 2 interviews now so I’m happy but very stressed😂

Did anyone else that got an interview invite and reserved a time slot not get a confirmation email? I got paranoid so I sent them an email regarding it this morning.

Did anyone else that got an interview invite and reserved a time slot not get a confirmation email? I got paranoid so I sent them an email regarding it this morning.
I got an interview invite abs said I could do the time they gave me and a little while later that same evening Karen inzana emailed me back and confirmed it. And told me they’d give me the zoom info sometime in the week.

I got the option to reserve my spot and then I got a confirmation email shortly after.

Quick question for y'all - why are you guys interested in going to LIU? (or why not?) I don't know much about the school except for what's on their website.

Oooh interesting! If I got your spot, thanks! Haha, did you get accepted somewhere else?
Yes I got into Oregon. I figured I should decline the rest of my interviews so other people could get them hopefully 🙂

Yes I got into Oregon. I figured I should decline the rest of my interviews so other people could get them hopefully 🙂
Congrats on Oregon!!! I’m guessing that was your first choice?

IS interview, got the invite on December 27th for January 8th at 8 AM. It's looking like it'll be an online MMI format. Good luck everyone!

Hi guys! Just out of curiosity is there anyone in this chat from the class of 2025 or maybe just knows some stuff about the university or the program? I’m looking for some wisdom or tips for when we get to our interviews ❤️

Hi guys! Just out of curiosity is there anyone in this chat from the class of 2025 or maybe just knows some stuff about the university or the program? I’m looking for some wisdom or tips for when we get to our interviews ❤️
Yes . But the interview has nothing to do with the school. Its like scenario questions and you have to give answers how you'd approach them. Very laid back. What do you want to know about the program / school? I dont want to provide any personal experience information (how I feel etc as I think thats up to each person to make their mind about !) But ill gladly answer questions about the general way that things are run / setup , schedules etc.

I saw in previous posts that emails from LIU went to spam. My email to notify me of my interview went to my regular inbox but today the zoom info email for my interview went into spam. Just wanted to make another extra note of checking your junk emails!

Reactions: 2 users
I saw in previous posts that emails from LIU went to spam. My email to notify me of my interview went to my regular inbox but today the zoom info email for my interview went into spam. Just wanted to make another extra note of checking your junk emails!
Thank you for this lol I just checked my spam and found this email there as well so definitely check guys!

OOS applicant granted interview for LIU. Not only is this my first interview for LIU, its my very first vet school interview I've been granted. Any advice, wisdom, or tips are SO welcome! I struggle with anxiety and it is PEAKING this week!!!

OOS applicant granted interview for LIU. Not only is this my first interview for LIU, its my very first vet school interview I've been granted. Any advice, wisdom, or tips are SO welcome! I struggle with anxiety and it is PEAKING this week!!!
Congrats on the interview invite (not sure if this is a new invite or just nerves kicking in but congrats either way!!) honestly just breathe through their interview. Everyone I met during my interview was very nice and welcoming!!

Congrats on the interview invite (not sure if this is a new invite or just nerves kicking in but congrats either way!!) honestly just breathe through their interview. Everyone I met during my interview was very nice and welcoming!!
Thank you! It's a late entry. I got the invite on 12/27 I believe. Do you know if those 7 mins of your response time is conversational? Like you discuss the scenarios and all as a discussion with the interviewer or it's just you talking about it the whole time and they listen.

Thank you! It's a late entry. I got the invite on 12/27 I believe. Do you know if those 7 mins of your response time is conversational? Like you discuss the scenarios and all as a discussion with the interviewer or it's just you talking about it the whole time and they listen.
Is it 10 total? 3 for reading the prompt and thinking and 7 to respond? Or something like that. I know each little prompt had like certain questions/topics to respond about specifically so you basically get to answer those. I think some interviewers let you go through that first then did follow up questions or some did the questions to follow up throughout you talking (I think it depended more on how much time you gave them from topic to topic. But they were all very kind! I had dogs jumping on my bed halfway through and the one started laughing and said he loved it

My interview is this Friday. So I live with my parents who just tested positive for Covid. I don’t have any symptoms as of now, I don’t think. But wasn’t sure if anyone has had to reschedule or anything like in case of Covid? I’m sure it’s happened. And if I do feel any symptoms at the moment I’m planning on just going through with the interview.

My interview is this Friday. So I live with my parents who just tested positive for Covid. I don’t have any symptoms as of now, I don’t think. But wasn’t sure if anyone has had to reschedule or anything like in case of Covid? I’m sure it’s happened. And if I do feel any symptoms at the moment I’m planning on just going through with the interview.
My interview is tomorrow and I currently have Covid, my symptoms have gotten better over the last day but I'm just going to power through it

My interview is tomorrow and I currently have Covid, my symptoms have gotten better over the last day but I'm just going to power through it
Oh ok that makes me fee better. I’m glad you’re feeling better! Wishing you lots of luck on the interview!