You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LIU c/o 2027
Started by yelenaMV
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
futurevetjess
Full Member
I was thinking the same thing!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 hopefully we’ll hear by FridayI am really hoping this is the week!It is already getting to mid march and they said early march!
Has anyone reached out to them recently about their timeline? It is nearly mid march and haven't heard anything for those interviewed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
runningwithriley
Full Member
No, but I do think it's going to be by end of the week this week.Has anyone reached out to them recently about their timeline? It is nearly mid march and haven't heard anything for those interviewed.
liagonzalez
Full Member
Did anyone else get the admitted students day email that looks a little weird, and it also has no link to rsvp?
Nothing from them since 2/14, the general update email.Did anyone else get the admitted students day email that looks a little weird, and it also has no link to rsvp?
LIU CVM is currently on spring break, so I would not be surprised if you have to wait till next weekHas anyone reached out to them recently about their timeline? It is nearly mid march and haven't heard anything for those interviewed.
They sent the admitted students day email today, so someone is definitely in the office.LIU CVM is currently on spring break, so I would not be surprised if you have to wait till next week
runningwithriley
Full Member
I totally understand this. Feeling the same. My guess is that they sent out a full class of acceptances during in January. There are currently 28 people in the accepted students Facebook group. In the years passed they have had 106/7- their full class. So, I do think they will be sending out more acceptances. Holding out hope for us.I’m a little discouraged that they sent the admitted students day information and haven’t sent anymore acceptances
cclements612
Full Member
I'm thinking they're prioritizing that to maybe give a little nudge/encourage accepted applicants who have yet to accept their spot to make up their minds, so they can move forward and see how many spots they can offer? there may be people waiting to accept to see if they got into another schoolI’m a little discouraged that they sent the admitted students day information and haven’t sent anymore acceptances
cclements612
Full Member
28 out of 106/7 isn't that many lol that's only roughly like 25% of the classI totally understand this. Feeling the same. My guess is that they sent out a full class of acceptances during in January. There are currently 28 people in the accepted students Facebook group. In the years passed they have had 106/7- their full class. So, I do think they will be sending out more acceptances. Holding out hope for us.
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
I'm thinking they're prioritizing that to maybe give a little nudge/encourage accepted applicants who have yet to accept their spot to make up their minds, so they can move forward and see how many spots they can offer? there may be people waiting to accept to see if they got into another school
I agree with this. Also important to remember that LIU is a new school and they probably don’t have a lot of data yet regarding how many people accept their offers. They probably have to go slow and play it by ear bc of this
futurevetjess
Full Member
Anyone heard anything? I was really hoping we’d hear something today :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
runningwithriley
Full Member
I haven'tAnyone heard anything? I was really hoping we’d hear something today :/
zoeyandjaxon308
New Member
Does anyone know if there is an online option for admitted students day? I won't be able to attend in person but would love to zoom in and hear some of the information being shared.
Has anyone called them recently and asked for an updated on where they are at?
Fluffernutter
New Member
Yes, I contacted them about this and there is a zoom session: "We will be having a zoom session in April also for admitted students who can’t make the April 1st date. There will be more information to follow about that, as well as the fall semester later in April."Does anyone know if there is an online option for admitted students day? I won't be able to attend in person but would love to zoom in and hear some of the information being shared.
I feel this in my soul 😵I’m hopeful but also confused
cclements612
Full Member
Can someone who is braver than me call them and ask what's up LMAO
meaganliz05
New Member
I called yesterday and emailed Tuesday and I got no answer and no email responseCan someone who is braver than me call them and ask what's up LMAO
cclements612
Full Member
oh cool! love that! good times!I called yesterday and emailed Tuesday and I got no answer and no email response
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
I called and got the standard answer they were doing rolling admissions. They said they had no waitlist formed yet? When I asked if they were admitting any students by April 1 on admitted students day they said they couldn’t answer
I think they said in their February email that waitlist were not gonna be released until the acceptance deadline :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
I mean it has to be right?? 😭Maybe this week *crossing all my fingers*
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
It is literally the last week of March [emoji24]
futurevetjess
Full Member
I’m a little disappointed that 75% of the class won’t be able to go to accepted students day tbh
I’m honestly assuming that we won’t hear back until April 17th because not everyone is going to make decisions until decision day, so why send out more acceptances you know? Hopefully they’ll revamp the process next year
DVMHopeful2027
Full Member
It would be nice to know if they have sent out all acceptances or not because I have to accept a deposit by April 15th for multiple other schools I have been accepted toI’m honestly assuming that we won’t hear back until April 17th because not everyone is going to make decisions until decision day, so why send out more acceptances you know? Hopefully they’ll revamp the process next year
It would be nice to know if they have sent out all acceptances or not because I have to accept a deposit by April 15th for multiple other schools I have been accepted to
I had to turn down an offer from Massey because they required a decision March 15 and Long Island still hadn’t let me know :/ I made a mistake making LIU my #1
runningwithriley
Full Member
I agree with Tori- I think we will hear back after April 17. I think they sent out a full class in January
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
What is the point in the vagueness from them though? I can’t handle it
futurevetjess
Full Member
I’m just so tired of keeping my hopes up as well as refreshing my gmail. I just want to know if I need to start my reapplication process at this point.
I’m just so tired of keeping my hopes up as well as refreshing my gmail. I just want to know if I need to start my reapplication process at this point.
I’ve accepted that I’m reapplying in January 2024 [emoji23]
I was told by someone in the administration, (Vet dept), that they will send out a wave of acceptances on the 17th of April, and thereafter.I’ve accepted that I’m reapplying in January 2024 [emoji23]
Oh wow so people will have to decide day ofI was told by someone in the administration, (Vet dept), that they will send out a wave of acceptances on the 17th of April, and thereafter.
Unfortunately yes. Which means, you will most likely lose your deposit once you commit to a vet school, and decide to choose LIU once they contact you.Oh wow so people will have to decide day of
I don't think you will have to decide the day of. Last year they sent out acceptances after/on Decision day and gave us a couple days to make our decision and submit deposit.Oh wow so people will have to decide day of
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
276dvmtrack
Full Member
I’ve committed somewhere else already but still haven’t heard from LIU and I just think its really unfair to not give people ample time to make informed decisions. I also don’t think there’s anyway they sent out a full class. It seems highly unlikely.
There are some people who are uprooting their entire lives for this. People who have to move their families / kids / homes / travel across country. It seems very inconsiderate to be like “Hi we know the deadline for most schools has passed already soooo here’s your acceptance you have a week to decide! Thanks!” I took like 2-3 weeks of talking to people and researching the area / COL / curriculum before committing. I know everyone’s different but I think everyone should have time to think it over.
It just leave people with a very sour taste of LIU in their mouth. And I’ve been defending them because they’re new but having people wait until April is just….not okay. To also be so vague is just off all around. I wish everyone luck whose still waiting on an answer.
There are some people who are uprooting their entire lives for this. People who have to move their families / kids / homes / travel across country. It seems very inconsiderate to be like “Hi we know the deadline for most schools has passed already soooo here’s your acceptance you have a week to decide! Thanks!” I took like 2-3 weeks of talking to people and researching the area / COL / curriculum before committing. I know everyone’s different but I think everyone should have time to think it over.
It just leave people with a very sour taste of LIU in their mouth. And I’ve been defending them because they’re new but having people wait until April is just….not okay. To also be so vague is just off all around. I wish everyone luck whose still waiting on an answer.
To give my personal POV and add onto this. I am an second time applicant. Last year I applied to LIU and was told 3 days before classes started that I was accepted off the waitlist. To say it left a sour taste in my mouth is an understatement. I understand life happens and sometimes things are last minute but as much as we respect Universities, our time and lives should also be respected. Thankfully I will be accepting my seat at another institution this year. I was hoping LIU would be more direct with communications this year but seems not. I am sure its a great University for education but to me, communication is key.I’ve committed somewhere else already but still haven’t heard from LIU and I just think its really unfair to not give people ample time to make informed decisions. I also don’t think there’s anyway they sent out a full class. It seems highly unlikely.
There are some people who are uprooting their entire lives for this. People who have to move their families / kids / homes / travel across country. It seems very inconsiderate to be like “Hi we know the deadline for most schools has passed already soooo here’s your acceptance you have a week to decide! Thanks!” I took like 2-3 weeks of talking to people and researching the area / COL / curriculum before committing. I know everyone’s different but I think everyone should have time to think it over.
It just leave people with a very sour taste of LIU in their mouth. And I’ve been defending them because they’re new but having people wait until April is just….not okay. To also be so vague is just off all around. I wish everyone luck whose still waiting on an answer.
Roxxistevens
New Member
Hello All! I was accepted to the LIU program, but honestly it was alittle higher than my ideal budget, so unsure if I'll attend or go to united kingom, which is 80k cheaper. I have lots of friends and family near LIU which makes it a more ideal choice, but between the price and how new the program is, I'm still debating.
Any advice?
Any advice?
LIU is not alone in this. Other Universities have a skewed way of working their waitlists. I believe it was 150 acceptances for 100 open slots. They are waiting to see how many decline on April 17 or before.To give my personal POV and add onto this. I am a second time applicant. Last year I applied to LIU and was told 3 days before classes started that I was accepted off the waitlist. To say it left a sour taste in my mouth is an understatement. I understand life happens and sometimes things are last minute but as much as we respect Universities, our time and lives should also be respected. Thankfully I will be accepting my seat at another institution this year. I was hoping LIU would be more direct with communications this year but seems not. I am sure its a great University for education but to me, communication is key.
LIU has a great faculty. It is a new program and are still working out their kinks. Saving 80K is huge. Your decision will depend on how quickly you can adjust living in a foreign country, cost of living, etc. The experience would be great though. Good luck with your choice.Hello All! I was accepted to the LIU program, but honestly it was alittle higher than my ideal budget, so unsure if I'll attend or go to united kingom, which is 80k cheaper. I have lots of friends and family near LIU which makes it a more ideal choice, but between the price and how new the program is, I'm still debating.
Any advice?