LIU c/o 2027

Started by yelenaMV
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefully they get back to you soon! I’m a bit stressed now that people that interviewed at the same time as me are getting accepted and I heard nothing 🥲

Me too 🙁 I have sm anxiety now, it sucks that they’d do this this way after telling us March. Fingers crossed for you and I and anyone else waiting on a decision[emoji171]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to everyone who was accepted today!
I am still anxiously waiting for a response.
Does anyone know how many acceptances were sent out and if/when there is going to be a waitlist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember last year they sent the majority of acceptances on one date in Jan and then waitlist info in March. Hopefully they update us sooner than that this year!
 
I hate rolling admissions [emoji23] I wish everything could just be released at once, I don’t get the point of sprinkling decisions over days, weeks, months
Same I'm also not a fan of rolling admissions. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think the date of when you interview really matters as far as acceptances go. For example, I got accepted to RVC this cycle and there were people who interviewed after me who received their acceptance letters 5 weeks earlier. I understand its different school, but its the same concept! So maybe their sending them out randomly!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may be a weird question, but is there anyone who interviewed and felt iffy about their interview? Me and everyone on here as well as on the APVMA FB group have all thought our interviews went really well. I'm just wondering if everyone had the same experience and thought it went great and now we all got overconfident...
 
This may be a weird question, but is there anyone who interviewed and felt iffy about their interview? Me and everyone on here as well as on the APVMA FB group have all thought our interviews went really well. I'm just wondering if everyone had the same experience and thought it went great and now we all got overconfident...

personally, I feel like out of all of the interviews I’ve had that was my worst performance. I felt prepared and practiced a lot before the interview so I went in feeling confident, but I think my nerves got to me, and I psyched myself out. I fully expect to get rejected or even waitlisted [emoji28]
 
I also didn’t feel great about the interview. Especially the last question because the interviewer barely said anything to me and then just left the meeting immediately after I finished talking. Idk if it was my worst one or anything because I felt I did pretty well on the first two questions but yeah 🤷‍♀️. I also feel like with only having 3 questions and different people for each one it is very hard to know how we did.
 
I also didn’t feel great about the interview. Especially the last question because the interviewer barely said anything to me and then just left the meeting immediately after I finished talking. Idk if it was my worst one or anything because I felt I did pretty well on the first two questions but yeah [emoji2368]. I also feel like with only having 3 questions and different people for each one it is very hard to know how we did.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who felt that way! It was the last question that felt the worst for me. The first two interviewers were nodding along and making me feel acknowledged, but then I felt like I bombed the whole third question 🫠 here’s to hoping we actually did stellar [emoji23]
 
I’m glad I’m not the only one who felt that way! It was the last question that felt the worst for me. The first two interviewers were nodding along and making me feel acknowledged, but then I felt like I bombed the whole third question 🫠 here’s to hoping we actually did stellar [emoji23]

This is exactly how I felt. My third interviewer had one hell of a stone face. I could not read her for the life of me. She also didn’t introduce herself and made me say my name then just threw the question up and turned off her screen lmao the other two were great, lots of laughing but that last one was a big oof. Her being so stoic made me flustered 🥲
 
Does anybody know how any acceptances were sent out?? Just tryna see what my chances of getting accepted are :/

well, if they really are done interviewing, I’d say chances are better. I heard they sent out 400 interviews and if they’re planning on seating from that batch, I’m sure you’ll either get accepted or waitlisted (unless you tanked the interview). This is my first cycle applying so I may be wrong but I’ve read a lot of posts on facebook and previous forums so that’s what I think [emoji23]
 
Do yall think we all had the same interview questions? I think I might have read a word wrong in the third one and now I’m freaking out that I answered completely wrong😅 I mean it really doesn’t make a difference at this point but I would just like to know for peace of mind I guess
 
Do yall think we all had the same interview questions? I think I might have read a word wrong in the third one and now I’m freaking out that I answered completely wrong😅 I mean it really doesn’t make a difference at this point but I would just like to know for peace of mind I guess
I don't think we did because some people had 3 questions and others had 4. So just based on that I don't think we all had the same questions.
 
Do yall think we all had the same interview questions? I think I might have read a word wrong in the third one and now I’m freaking out that I answered completely wrong[emoji28] I mean it really doesn’t make a difference at this point but I would just like to know for peace of mind I guess

It also seems like each interviewer had a different question. So I think there were a lot of questions lmao
 
Same. I'm freaking out. If I don't get in this cycle I don't even know what I'll do. I have another interview this Monday and am still waiting to hear back from two other schools. I wish I had just one acceptance to fall back on to have peace of mind that one way or another I'm going to vet school. I kind of wish I had applied to an island school for that reason because they receive their decisions so much earlier and admission is a little easier.
 
I’m glad I’m not the only one who felt that way! It was the last question that felt the worst for me. The first two interviewers were nodding along and making me feel acknowledged, but then I felt like I bombed the whole third question 🫠 here’s to hoping we actually did stellar [emoji23]
Okay, I also felt I did badly on the last one, so maybe that was an intentional interview tactic to see how you handled someone who was not friendly. I felt great about my first two interviewers and my answers, then the last one...stone cold ☃️
 
Okay, I also felt I did badly on the last one, so maybe that was an intentional interview tactic to see how you handled someone who was not friendly. I felt great about my first two interviewers and my answers, then the last one...stone cold ☃️
I think just depends on which interviewers you get. My last interviewer was nice!!
 
I hope maybe we get some clarity this week..fingers crossed. This is my third application round and Long Island is 1/2 schools I had an interview at. Gunna manifest good news for all of us
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad