LIU PHARMACY 2018 WAITLIST GROUP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I was wait listed yesterday. After I chase around the school for an answer. Does anyone know what that means when you are wait listed? Can you still get admitted? I know the spots are getting pretty full by now.

Hey I was wait listed yesterday. After I chase around the school for an answer. Does anyone know what that means when you are wait listed? Can you still get admitted? I know the spots are getting pretty full by now.
Hi,
There are several people waitlisted. They are actually in the acceptance thread haha.

When we’re u interviewed?

The interview was great! Very easy a lot of people through!!!! No reply yet.... waiting! When did they get back to u??

Members don't see this ad :)
When were u interviewed? It’s quite sometime now... almost April.... that’s some longggg wait.
Tell me about it. I'm holding an acceptance elsewhere but I don't want to leave NY

instead of rejecting people do they waitlist them, then reject them all at the same time?

Reactions: 1 user
Does LIU send out rejections or do they just wait till the end?
Not sure I also have an acceptance somewhere else but I’m waiting for the school as well as I’m in New York ...

beginning February. they got back to me yesterday. Yes their was alot of people. But mostly their own LIU students.
But in their application it says that they don’t favor their students but I’ve been hearing a lot that they accept the students that go to their school is that true ?

But in their application it says that they don’t favor their students but I’ve been hearing a lot that they accept the students that go to their school is that true ?
idk but a lot of their own students are accepted. One of my friend that goes to LIU is accepted. @Gavilarimar in the acceptance chat is it mostly their own students?

The interview was great! Very easy a lot of people through!!!! No reply yet.... waiting! When did they get back to u??
Fyi if you are accepted you should hear from them in about 2 weeks. My friend that goes to LIU heard in 2 week or I think even less.

Fyi if you are accepted you should hear from them in about 2 weeks. My friend that goes to LIU heard in 2 week or I think even less.
Oh okie let’s wait I still got time. Was interviewed Friday.

Do you know if they accept people with lower then a 3.0. I was place on the waitlist as well.

Ok so they are taking transfer because I graduated from CCNY. @LisaJones22 I just called and they mention the average GPA so far for Fall 2018 is a 3.5. So you can figure no one below a 3.0 is getting in at the moment.

Did you just called? I was told the same exact thing haha
Yes I just called, like 10min ago. The wait list is long, I think most of everyone is going to get rejected. I finish in 2017. I took this year off to relax and prepare because CCNY was no joke. What was your major?

Ok so they are taking transfer because I graduated from CCNY. @LisaJones22 I just called and they mention the average GPA so far for Fall 2018 is a 3.5. So you can figure no one below a 3.0 is getting in at the moment.
Wow! I’m less than that

I have bachelors in biology .
Bio stands out, so I think you are fine. Most people that are accepted is bio, my friend did chem, biochemistry, physics those are competitive majors.

Psychology and Pre Pharmacy but really bio minor
Psychology was my major too. lol. Is one the easiest to get a high GPA. And I did the pre-pharmacy courses. Which professor you took for bio?

I wanted to do psychiatric residency that's why I did psychology. I took firooznia you?

Bio stands out, so I think you are fine. Most people that are accepted is bio, my friend did chem, biochemistry, physics those are competitive majors.

Psychology was my major too. lol. Is one the easiest to get a high GPA. And I did the pre-pharmacy courses. Which professor you took for bio?
Ya but the gpa is lower than 3.5 it’s a closer to 3.0

Ya but the gpa is lower than 3.5 it’s a closer to 3.0
idk my friend had a 3.4 but then again he goes to LIU.

@Gavilarimar omg he killed me lol. I did not like that guy at all. Was you in the arrow head theater?

@Gavilarimar what you been doing since graduating? I hated CCNY with a passion. Never going back!

Have the most current info by one of their ACTUAL students. It is looking like the hunger games....

"As far as the wait list goes is basically the hungers game lol. 120 so far on it. 150 people accepted committed to go to LIU. The other 50 are going to come from May's interview. And then they will start looking at the wait list in may. Everyone on the list should have a response by May. So basically a good chance of alot of people getting rejected. My godness time is flying. I can't believe next week is April".

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
That is pretty accurate. I heard is a lot of people on the wait list for a few spots left. Because all final $500 dollar deposit is due May 15. Damm I might have to start thinking of options.

Have the most current info by one of their ACTUAL students. It is looking like the hunger games....

"As far as the wait list goes is basically the hungers game lol. 120 so far on it. 150 people accepted committed to go to LIU. The other 50 are going to come from May's interview. And then they will start looking at the wait list in may. Everyone on the list should have a response by May. So basically a good chance of alot of people getting rejected. My godness time is flying. I can't believe next week is April".
What abt people who were interviewed in March ... like myself lol

so far 5 people on the waitlist on this thread. where the other 115 LOL