LIU PHARMACY 2018 WAITLIST GROUP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lubi,

LIU will let know you in April. The girl I am talking to knows LIU timeline.

Members don't see this ad.

Lubi,

LIU will let know you in April. The girl I am talking to knows LIU timeline.
Yeah they will let me know in April but then the numbers don’t match. How could 150 be accepted already and 50 r left and they’re going to be selected in the May interview ...

Members don't see this ad :)
So it’s probably selecting 50 from the March and May interview ....
We are not counting the possibility of people decline offers as well. But the class will be made by May.

The class is most definitely selected by may without a question.

Yea I don't know what to think my people...... is all one giant mystery. We will know in the end. lol

May 15 def. 5 people on the waitlist that I know of maybe I will try to find the other 115....haha

Yea I don't know what to think my people...... is all one giant mystery. We will know in the end. lol
I wonder if they select at least one from each group of interview.... cuz in my group there weren’t good answers

We will find out in a month. Basically is almost right there. What are other people second option.

I wonder if they select at least one from each group of interview.... cuz in my group there weren’t good answers
I don't think they give a crap about the answers. Because my friend literally told me he blanked out and said some BS and he still got accepted. That's the same kid that goes to LIU. He is a chem Major 3.4 GPA. PCAT 78. I think they judging how you carry yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they give a crap about the answers. Because my friend literally told me he blanked out and said some BS and he still got accepted. That's the same kid that goes to LIU. He is a chem Major 3.4 GPA. PCAT 78. I think they judging how you carry yourself.
Really??! That’s crazy ... because in my group there were a lot of people were silent and weren’t answering the question correctly ... what the hell do they look at ? Lol

he was even surprise he got accepted that's how bad the interview was. lol

wow lmao. Does LIU reject people in the beginning or do they always reject at the end?

wow lmao. Does LIU reject people in the beginning or do they always reject at the end?
i yet to hear anybody get rejected last year they place people on the waitlist and rejected them later.

E5549EC4-77FD-464A-A917-B5F41D898E4C.png

but most do get invite, because they review you as a whole like super closely and compare you to privilege people you don't even know, to make a decision about you. And set standard of GPA for the incoming class

Reactions: 1 users
I don't really know anything about LIU. I just know it is the only in NYC. I did find it weird they STILL interview in MAY

What you mean privilege people? What you mean by that?
Look at your other chat and you know what I am talking about. People that can pay for tutors and have parents planning their everyday move. And they set the standard for GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
A lot of high income kids go there. And LIU set standard of GPA from those kids.

Really I didnt feel that way when I was there it almost looked like a lot of losers to be honest lol
No not at all. A lot of smart kids that overachieve in undergrad. I have a friend from Columbia University going their for fall 2018. And LIU's kids too. I heard their science program at LIU is a GPA killer.

I like LIU their science is RIGOROUS and I NEED THAT
Me too I want that. But they look for kids that can really handle it no joke. That you have killed it in your undergrad with your science grade. Is not fooling around with the LIU Pharmacy dean.

So was the trick to get off the wait list besides just wait. I receive this email

On behalf of the Admissions Committee, I am writing to inform you that you have been placed on the wait list for entry into the Doctor of Pharmacy professional program (third year) at the Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences for the 2018 fall semester.

Due to the large number of applications for the Doctor of Pharmacy program for the 2017-2018 academic year, only a small percentage of qualified students can be selected to fill the limited number of seats available.

Once the class is full, you can only be considered for admission if and when a seat opens up. If a student withdraws from the incoming class, the wait-listed candidate may be admitted; however, there is no guarantee that a seat will become available. This could happen any time between May and the first week of September 2018. Wait list ‘status’ information will not be provided on demand; notification of changes in your status will be sent to your current email address.

Additionally, please be aware that if you intend to apply for Financial Aid make sure that your application is complete for every school on your list; should your status change from ‘wait list’ to ‘admit’ our Office of Financial Aid cannot extend aid if you have not completed the required paperwork.

Your wait list status is only for the 2018 fall semester and may not be carried over, applied or deferred to subsequent sessions. If you choose not to accept a position on the wait list or should have any questions or concerns, we ask that you contact the College of Pharmacy via email

Sincerely,

Kenza Benzeroual

So was the trick to get off the wait list besides just wait. I receive this email

On behalf of the Admissions Committee, I am writing to inform you that you have been placed on the wait list for entry into the Doctor of Pharmacy professional program (third year) at the Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences for the 2018 fall semester.

Due to the large number of applications for the Doctor of Pharmacy program for the 2017-2018 academic year, only a small percentage of qualified students can be selected to fill the limited number of seats available.

Once the class is full, you can only be considered for admission if and when a seat opens up. If a student withdraws from the incoming class, the wait-listed candidate may be admitted; however, there is no guarantee that a seat will become available. This could happen any time between May and the first week of September 2018. Wait list ‘status’ information will not be provided on demand; notification of changes in your status will be sent to your current email address.

Additionally, please be aware that if you intend to apply for Financial Aid make sure that your application is complete for every school on your list; should your status change from ‘wait list’ to ‘admit’ our Office of Financial Aid cannot extend aid if you have not completed the required paperwork.

Your wait list status is only for the 2018 fall semester and may not be carried over, applied or deferred to subsequent sessions. If you choose not to accept a position on the wait list or should have any questions or concerns, we ask that you contact the College of Pharmacy via email

Sincerely,

Kenza Benzeroual
I got that same email

My friend go that letter today and he interview mid February! LIU is disgusting!

Sincerely,

Kenza Benzeroual
send a resume, and what research project you been doing related to pharmacy, since you graduated.

Reactions: 1 users
send a resume, and what research project you been doing related to pharmacy, since you graduated.
to be honest I dont understand. This kids was talking about research, what are you researching the stuff you reading in the book?

to be honest I dont understand. This kids was talking about research, what are you researching the stuff you reading in the book?
No.. lol you read stuff in the book to DRAW out ideas to then perform your own research lol

Yea my best friend that got in she works next to professors and helps publish different findings. I mean she takes it to another level I guess.