Living abroad while applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smoodle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

So I am applying this year and have had the possibility open for me to go live abroad for a year starting Aug or Septish. How does this work for interviews if you are living abroad?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All!

So I am applying this year and have had the possibility open for me to go live abroad for a year starting Aug or Septish. How does this work for interviews if you are living abroad?

Thanks!

You'd have to travel to the school to do the interview, end of story. Do you have enough money for that much travel?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a friend apply while studying in England for the year. He managed to schedule his interviews in clusters, so he only had to fly back to the States twice: once when he was flying home for Christmas anyway, and once in February.

He was applying for MD/PhD programs though, so idk if they were more accommodating with interviews than regular MD programs would be. But it is possible.

you'll have to fly back once or twice for interviews. other than that, no problem.

I had a friend living in Europe... he applied, flew back twice. Scheduled 5 interviews in those two trips. It was no big deal.