LLU Applicants 2014 Summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
naj81 I hope your interview went well! How did it go???? And three more days guys until we are interviewed!!
B.no good luck to you this Sunday!

Goodluck to you too ptlover! I don't know what's worse, preparing for the interview or the actual interview. Yikes!

Members don't see this ad.

To those that got accepted, congratulations!

Question. When is everyone planning to send in their deposit? Also, Loma Linda requires us to buy an iPad :bang: ... do you think we can get away with owning a Apple Macbook? If not, then which iPad model are you buys planning to purchase? (Mini or Air)

I called LLU and was told we are required to have an iPad. I'm leaning towards ipad air.

naj81 I hope your interview went well! How did it go???? And three more days guys until we are interviewed!!

I was a nervous wreck but overall I think I did pretty good lol. There was a essay question before the interview, just so you know. The person who interviewed me was nice, made me feel comfortable and it was very casual. I should be hearing back from them within a week, after that I can breath :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Goodluck to you too ptlover! I don't know what's worse, preparing for the interview or the actual interview. Yikes!

Ptlover and B.No Good luck to you guys...you got this!

Thank you! And im sure you did wonderful!

Naj81 good job!:claps: Congrats on the last stage of the admissions process! I'm sure I'll need a handkerchief because I know I'll be sweating bullets. How many other candidates were in the waiting room with you? How long was the essay? Was it a personal essay? Or did you have to answer a question?

ptlover you ready for Sunday!?! I'm just extremely anxious!:nailbiting:

Hopefully we all get in! :xf:We seem to be the last batch on the forum talking about it!

Naj81 good job!:claps: Congrats on the last stage of the admissions process! I'm sure I'll need a handkerchief because I know I'll be sweating bullets. How many other candidates were in the waiting room with you? How long was the essay? Was it a personal essay? Or did you have to answer a question?

ptlover you ready for Sunday!?! I'm just extremely anxious!:nailbiting:

Hopefully we all get in! :xf:We seem to be the last batch on the forum talking about it!

Thank you!!! There were 2 other candidates with me. Essay was about a page and a half, and there's extra papers and dictionary if needed. They gave me 4 different topics to choose from.

I'm hoping the same...just keep praying!

Reactions: 1 users
B.No, I am so psyched for Sunday! I've been prepping like a mad women! Talking to all my mentors, and they say im ready....but ive been up every night because I am so anxious! I hope we all get in, you all seem like you would be an amazing group of classmates!

Did everyone had to write an essay for those who was offered an interview?

I have an interview this Sunday as well and I'm pretty nervous myself! I'm a little confused about the essay issue, however. There have been other applicants on here that did interviews earlier and they all stated that there was no essay... I wonder why they're making applicants write an essay now? And is it every applicant at this point? Or if not, how do they decide who has to write one and who doesn't??

It's driving me crazy because I had already prepared myself to believe there was no essay and now I find out there very well may be one just days before

I guess it is what it is though and at least I found out now instead of AT the interview!

Good luck to everyone and can't wait to see some of you there!!!

T-minus 2 days and counting!!!!!

Did everyone had to write an essay for those who was offered an interview?

I didn't have to write any essays but I had my interview on November 17th.

I have an interview this Sunday as well and I'm pretty nervous myself! I'm a little confused about the essay issue, however. There have been other applicants on here that did interviews earlier and they all stated that there was no essay... I wonder why they're making applicants write an essay now? And is it every applicant at this point? Or if not, how do they decide who has to write one and who doesn't??

It's driving me crazy because I had already prepared myself to believe there was no essay and now I find out there very well may be one just days before

I guess it is what it is though and at least I found out now instead of AT the interview!

Good luck to everyone and can't wait to see some of you there!!!

T-minus 2 days and counting!!!!!

dcscott325, I think our best bet is to be prepared for anything. I'm assuming that this weekend will be the last batch of applicants, so the "rules" may have changed.

TO ALL WHO HAVE ALREADY INTERVIEWED, does the interviewer guide the interview or do we have take the lead in the interview to allow our key points to come out? Or am I just being over anxious and it's more like a casual conversation?

dcscott325, I think our best bet is to be prepared for anything. I'm assuming that this weekend will be the last batch of applicants, so the "rules" may have changed.

TO ALL WHO HAVE ALREADY INTERVIEWED, does the interviewer guide the interview or do we have take the lead in the interview to allow our key points to come out? Or am I just being over anxious and it's more like a casual conversation?
More like a casual conversation. They ask you questions, you answer them. My interviewer could add something about what he did or what they do in LLU (depending on a question). You can also ask them question.
I was not asked to write an essay, but I was interviewed by 2 people. My interview was in Nov.
Stop going crazy, guys! :) It will be a very welcoming interview! They are all very nice! they will not attack you with question.

Members don't see this ad :)
More like a casual conversation. They ask you questions, you answer them. My interviewer could add something about what he did or what they do in LLU (depending on a question). You can also ask them question.
I was not asked to write an essay, but I was interviewed by 2 people. My interview was in Nov.
Stop going crazy, guys! :) It will be a very welcoming interview! They are all very nice! they will not attack you with question.

Thanks easb! I'll keep that in mind.

Interview went great!! I hope everyone else's did too:)

Mine went really well too... Simple conversation just like everyone else said it would be. But I wasn't asked to write an essay. How come only certain people had to do that? Did anyone else interviewed today have to write one??

Mine went really well too... Simple conversation just like everyone else said it would be. But I wasn't asked to write an essay. How come only certain people had to do that? Did anyone else interviewed today have to write one??
essays were done yeaaaaarsssssss ago

I just want to give you guys a update. I had my interview today and it went well. I'm glad it's over, because prior to it I was sooooo nervous! As one of the PT students said, there was a reason why we were invited for an interview. That helped calm my nerves. Also, I met other candidates that were friendly!

How much longer for the result????

And no, I did not have to do an essay.

Yes was anyone told when we would hear back?

Hey everyone there is one more set of interviews this Wednesday and then the admissions committee will either meet Thursday, Friday, or Monday. Once they do they will tell admissions who to send letters to so I am assuming as early as next week we should hear back....

For those who had their interview back in December, is it wise to call them now, or just wait? :X

For those that are planning to attend LLU this upcoming summer, are you guys planning to dorm or live off-campus?

I just want to know the pros/cons.

From what I hear:
pros: living in the dorm is super affordable and makes it easy with parking (if you've never been to campus during the school year, just know it's a BUSY/PACKED place!! I honestly avoid driving through the city, and opt to go around it, during certain hours.
cons: if you like to live alone, you're most likely going to have roommates. The university likes to reserve the dorms/apartments for first year/some second year students (and they're not guaranteed), after that they like you to find your own outside living situation.

I already live off campus in Redlands and will just make it work with commuting to school. Be advised though that rent can be expensive near the school, though there are plenty of great deals around! Try checking the LLU trading post for ads: http://www.llu.edu/news/trading-post/index.page

When is an appropriate time to call them to see if we got accepted?
I would recommend calling in the early afternoon. Most of the review committees meet in the morning, and they break for lunch. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, my friend was told to call around 2pm for an answer on the day she was reviewed.

I called LLU and was told we are required to have an iPad. I'm leaning towards ipad air.
Also, LLU actually has an "Apple store" in its campus bookstore, so it might be best to buy through them for any student/university discounts!

Hey everyone there is one more set of interviews this Wednesday and then the admissions committee will either meet Thursday, Friday, or Monday. Once they do they will tell admissions who to send letters to so I am assuming as early as next week we should hear back....
I really hope you get in. I just finished season 6 of Dexter, and I think you and I would make GREAT friends! :)

p.s. for the record, I really hope everyone in this thread gets in - everyone seems genuine about wanting to go to PT school and the overall atmosphere of the group has shown to be a good dynamic! Can't wait to meet you all!

Thanks ColtB! I have an unhealthy obsession with Dexter! Its good to know someone shares it too! We will make great friends haha. And I hope everyone does get in this is such an awesome group of people!

Here is a question, should I wait for a letter or should I call? And when should I call? I agree with ptlover and coltb, I hope we all get in!

Here is a question, should I wait for a letter or should I call? And when should I call? I agree with ptlover and coltb, I hope we all get in!
I'll put it to you like this, it took 2.5 weeks before my official packet arrived in my mailbox from the date that they reviewed me (which took place exactly 1 month AFTER my interview). So in total time, from interview to acceptance packet was closing in on 2 months. If you are willing to wait up to that much time (which could end up being much shorter) then you don't need to call. If you're the type that wants an answer, I'd call about a week after interviewing to get a "status update." At best, you'll just get your answer. At worst, you'll be told they either A) haven't reviewed you yet, or B) be able to give you a review date to call back later.

From what I hear:
pros: living in the dorm is super affordable and makes it easy with parking (if you've never been to campus during the school year, just know it's a BUSY/PACKED place!! I honestly avoid driving through the city, and opt to go around it, during certain hours.
cons: if you like to live alone, you're most likely going to have roommates. The university likes to reserve the dorms/apartments for first year/some second year students (and they're not guaranteed), after that they like you to find your own outside living situation.

I already live off campus in Redlands and will just make it work with commuting to school. Be advised though that rent can be expensive near the school, though there are plenty of great deals around! Try checking the LLU trading post for ads: http://www.llu.edu/news/trading-post/index.page

Thank you for the information!
You seem to have a lot of knowledge about the LLU system. Did you attend this university for your undergraduate? (Just curious)

Thank you for the information!
You seem to have a lot of knowledge about the LLU system. Did you attend this university for your undergraduate? (Just curious)
I think I mentioned this before, but perhaps not, I was raised SDA and attended an SDA college in northern california. My advisers provided good, in-depth information about LLU and things to expect. But in addition, yes I did take 2 of my PT pre-reqs through LLU and I was able to gain some insight from that as well.

I think I mentioned this before, but perhaps not, I was raised SDA and attended an SDA college in northern california. My advisers provided good, in-depth information about LLU and things to expect. But in addition, yes I did take 2 of my PT pre-reqs through LLU and I was able to gain some insight from that as well.
ColtB, it looks like there is a 1.5-2 year waiting list for the single rooms in dorms. Is that right? Do you think it will be easy or difficult to find a room for rent somewhere close to the campus if I start looking closer to June? I understand that the sooner I start the better, but I do not think I can make decision on which school I will attend until May.

ColtB, it looks like there is a 1.5-2 year waiting list for the single rooms in dorms. Is that right? Do you think it will be easy or difficult to find a room for rent somewhere close to the campus if I start looking closer to June? I understand that the sooner I start the better, but I do not think I can make decision on which school I will attend until May.
I hadn't heard about the waiting list for single rooms being that long, but again, I wouldn't be surprised considering the dorms are [implied] to be an additional resource (not exactly primary) to off-campus housing for those who desperately need it. They recently in the past few years, added a new section of dorms, but still, the number of dorms is VASTLY outnumbered by the number of students. Hence long wait times. Have you considered getting a dorm with a roommate? I've had friends who really enjoyed the experience for PT school and from what I understand it's about $900/quarter, which is about $300/month. Either way, fill out an application and pray for the best. Call and find out your real odds, maybe a nice secretary will help you out!

I think it will be much easier to start looking for off-campus housing in May. So once you make your decision, if it's LLU, start looking in May. Obviously more housing opens up at the end of the school year when graduates move on, or students leave for the summer/3rd year away. I would think May, being 1 month in advance of graduation, would be when landlords start putting their ads up in the Trading Post, which I linked to up above (but can be easily found at the bottom of the llu.edu website). I say this from personal experience, when I was looking for a rental in the loma linda area in the middle of the summer I quickly realized I had just missed the boat on options since most places had recently been snatched up by students. So PT students are actually lucky in that regard that we get to campus earlier than other programs.

Loma Linda is a SMALL town, but there is PLENTY of housing everywhere. I can name 4 apartment complexes off the top of my head, as well as a condo complex, and a couple townhouse complexes, aside from privately owned/rented out homes. A popular option I've seen is a group of 3-5 students renting out a house with multiple rooms and splitting the cost. The campus itself is surrounded by houses, and within a half mile to a mile out from the campus is where most of the apartment/condo/townhouse complexes are located. The farther from campus you get, the cheaper. That's just how it goes, unless you split a house with roommates.

Thanks a lot, ColtB! I appreciate your reply very much! I feel better now knowing that starting looking for a place in May is not too late. A dorm with a roommate will not work for me. I do not want to share a room with someone else. Sharing a shower with others would be a big enough sacrifice for me:). Thank you very much for the information!

I haven't heard anything yet from LLU, I was interviewed in November. I eagerly waiting to hear something. I assuming we will hear something next week, as somebody mentioned that their last interview group was this past Wednesday.

This wait is SO hard!

Last edited:
I think I am going to too, I really need to know! As we all do. How can they expect us to be patient people ! haha

Hello everyone! I got my acceptance letter in the mail last week on 1/14/2014. I sent in my $350 check to hold my spot, the yellow card that says I will attend, and the dress policy last Wednesday. They said they would email me when they received my confirmation but I haven't received anything yet. Did anyone else get a confirmation email yet so you can log online to finish other steps?

Onecrazychicklet, when did you do your interview?

Syll,

I am an odd case. I actually applied 2012-2013 process , did perfectly in my interview in November 2012, and was rejected due to low gpa. I kept in touch with the admissions liaison, my interviewer, and Larry Chinnook and asked them what I needed to do to better my chances of getting in next year. I retook classes to boost my gpa , emailed those 3 people to remind them know who i was and showed them I improved. And got my acceptance in jan 2014 ♥

Anyone looking for roommates too?

Hello everyone! I got my acceptance letter in the mail last week on 1/14/2014. I sent in my $350 check to hold my spot, the yellow card that says I will attend, and the dress policy last Wednesday. They said they would email me when they received my confirmation but I haven't received anything yet. Did anyone else get a confirmation email yet so you can log online to finish other steps?
I sent my deposit on Jan 1st. I got their email with conformation and LLU email address about 10 days later.
When are you going to start looking for a place to live? I will probably know if I am going to LLU in May, then I will start my search. What about you?
And congratulations with acceptance!!!:)

Still waiting for my results. I called, but no one is in the office. :nailbiting::xf::scared:

Should I call again today, or just wait?

I'm so scared to call but I need to know lol Making that call tomorrow:nailbiting::xf::xf::xf: And congrats...onecrazychicklet:claps:

Alternate list :(

Oh no, what did they say? Is there something you ca do to better your chances or you just have to wait till there's a spot open? Still praying that you get in, don't lose hope!

Oh no, what did they say? Is there something you ca do to better your chances or you just have to wait till there's a spot open? Still praying that you get in, don't lose hope!
Thank you! I hope I get in sooner or later but idk that's all she could tell me there are no rankings yet, so idk anything :( good luck to everyone make that call! I'll pray for you all:)

Last edited:
Thank you! I hope I get in sooner or later but idk that's all she could tell me there are no rankings yet, SK idk anything :( good luck to everyone make that call! I'll pray for you all:)
I hope so too!! Im calling tomorrow and thanks

Alternate list :( I have been accepted to University of St. Augustine, but I would really like to go to LLU if I have an opportunity. This waiting game is highly dislike :(

Thanks easb and naj85! Im looking for fun at places now and my boss who went to LLU said redlands, loma linda, and grand terrace is nice. Everywhere else is sketchy... I applied to oncampus housong but doubt I will get it. I will look in may more seriously.

I hope everyone else gets in! I got rejected everywhere last year and finally got into LLU this year. Dont give up!

Alternate list :( I have been accepted to University of St. Augustine, but I would really like to go to LLU if I have an opportunity. This waiting game is highly dislike :(
@megi1212 did they let you know when we would know rankings? Or how full their class is?