LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, I got the rejection email, too. Kind of expected it (not this soon tho), but I did do a file review via email and got insight on what I could do better. I originially planned on doing a gap year, but I will be applying only to one school this next coming cycle (not LMU). Only thing I will mainly try to improve is my GRE and see if I can get it to a 320 at least.
Its been fun chatting with you all on this forum and I do wish those that got accepted to be the best Vets that y'all can be! And for those in the Masters program, keep plugging away, you'll get in!!! And for those like me who are still trying, if you want to bounce ideas off of me or want someone to stay in contact with during the process, I'm only a message away!

Farewell everyone! Don't give up!!!
200.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if we are still on the waitlist, whether or not we are required to send in our transcripts from Spring 2018 by the June 30th date?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am just now checking this forum after a long while of not seeing it... honestly I can't believe that they started giving people on the waitlist rejections... I've never heard of that happening. I did not even know that people were sent that until now... I have not received any emails from them since the one they sent out on June 1 saying it was still open. I'm not sure either about sending spring grades unless you're a student that has already been accepted....? I've been questioning that too myself.

Apparently this is something they have done in past years as well.
i dont understand the point of putting all those people on the waitlist then. why not just have a smaller number on there to start with and not have to tell people theyre no longer waitlisted and theyre just full on rejected. yeah they need to make sure they sill their class, but your waitlist shouldnt be so big that you end up having to reject people once youre close to filling. just leave them on there even if you arent going to accept them.

Reactions: 1 users
i dont understand the point of putting all those people on the waitlist then. why not just have a smaller number on there to start with and not have to tell people theyre no longer waitlisted and theyre just full on rejected. yeah they need to make sure they sill their class, but your waitlist shouldnt be so big that you end up having to reject people once youre close to filling. just leave them on there even if you arent going to accept them.

I was on the waitlist last year for LMU and personally I think a rejection some time in June would have been way better than just waiting and waiting and waiting for nothing to happen. I had a lot of anxiety from it and honestly it would have been better to know right away rather than in mid August so then I could have planned my summer or started to re do my application so it was better. Just an insight from someone who went through it last year- I think being rejected over being strung along (especially if they know the class is not going to move) is much better just so you can plan things and not be a sitting duck.

I was on the waitlist last year for LMU and personally I think a rejection some time in June would have been way better than just waiting and waiting and waiting for nothing to happen. I had a lot of anxiety from it and honestly it would have been better to know right away rather than in mid August so then I could have planned my summer or started to re do my application so it was better. Just an insight from someone who went through it last year- I think being rejected over being strung along (especially if they know the class is not going to move) is much better just so you can plan things and not be a sitting duck.
I also was on the waitlist last year. Maybe you missed it, but were told when the class was full in July and that there probably wouldn’t be more acceptances after that. Take that as your rejection to start your application. Yeah there still could have been a chance of getting accepted, but it was a very slim chance at that point.
If you’re on a waitlist, you should already be planning on redoing your application when it opens. You can wait until June or July to actually start it, but waiting until August when they tell you that class has started and the waitlist is closed is just dumb. You don’t know that you will be pulled off. Why wait and start it after there’s no chance of getting pulled? If you get most of the way done and get the call, fantastic! You can scrap the app now, BUT YOU HAVENT PUT ANY MONEY INTO THIS CYCLE AND WASTED IT. If you don’t get called, you’ve already started your app and could be close to finishing it when that class starts and you get told they’re no longer accepting students.
Sorry, but being a sitting duck while you’re on a waitlist is just dumb. Improve your application and just hope that you get accepted. I’d rather have spent time on the app and not get pulled (which is what happened) than not spend any time on it, assume I’m getting pulled, and then have to rush through my app in August because I did nothing about it over the summer.

Just going to remind you all again that current faculty, staff and students can read these post and we can probably figure out who you are when you come to interviews. Be greatful you made a waitlist and move on. So they rejected you from the waitlist? Well the stress of waiting is over and you have closure. Compaining about how its unfair that there are so many people on a waitlist is really petty of all of you. Every year the waitlist will move a different amount depending on how many people chose to go somewhere else. They would rather have more people on a waitlist than not enough and have to tell people that were outright rejected that they are accepted to LMU. Also it is nice to know that you are rejected in June over August. We had a girl in my class get pulled off the waitlist in August and it came down to LMU or Ross. She had like less than 5 hrs to decide what she wanted to do. Luckly for her she wasn't at Ross yet (she was suppose to leave that next week) so she went to LMU and turned down Ross. What if someone was getting ready to take a class mid August and they had to put $1,000 down, non-refundable for said class on July 31 and then they get a call on August 1st that they were accepted to LMU and they need a $1,200 deposit that week? (Somewhere on this thread someone complained about how it wasn't fair that they expected you to come up with that much money in 2 weeks).You are able to commit more easily to other things such as trips, opportunities, jobs, education, ect. becuase you don't have this "uncertain" future. As a side note, do any of you actually know how many people are on the waitlist? It seems like only a handful of people actually use this website and I know other people that were accepted and chose to go other places outside of this website or any other website/page on facebook.

As July approaches and I’ve already done my file review: I have started reapplying (thankfully a ton of info transfers over) and I’m updating the recent stuff that I’ve done in the past year. I am also remaining HOPEFUL that if it’s meant to be this time around then it’ll be. Goodluck to everyone, we will be vets someday!!

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone still on the waitlist heard anything? I haven't and the silence is killing me lol

Has anyone still on the waitlist heard anything? I haven't and the silence is killing me lol
Someone just said that they were accepted this morning on the LMU CVM Facebook page! So there’s something...

Does anyone have any idea how many of us are left on the waitlist after that round of rejections earlier this summer? I’m almost done with my app for this years cycle, but I still have my fingers crossed to be called off even though it’s a long shot now that school is about to start, haha