LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s depressing how quiet this forum is now :( hoping that May brings unexpected good news!! Gosh I’m like a hopeless romantic when it comes to vet school haha
Ditto.

Members don't see this ad.

It’s depressing how quiet this forum is now :( hoping that May brings unexpected good news!! Gosh I’m like a hopeless romantic when it comes to vet school haha
Same here! I just submitted my masters app so let's hope to that.

Reactions: 3 users
When is the deadline to apply for the masters at LMU?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
any movement yet?? Thought there’d at least be some... maybe mid May. Ugh idk :arghh:

I will be relinquishing my seat at LMU as I was offered a position at Midwestern! I hope one of you gets the spot - you all clearly deserve it. Best of luck!!! :)

Reactions: 8 users
I will be relinquishing my seat at LMU as I was offered a position at Midwestern! I hope one of you gets the spot - you all clearly deserve it. Best of luck!!! :)
Good luck at Midwestern and congrats!!

Reactions: 1 users
Any movement lately? It’s been a little too quiet :(

This is so depressing lol but I am still holding out hope!

Quick question for ya'll though: Though we are students on the waitlist, are we required to send in transcripts from this semester? My spring 2018 grades are in as I just graduated undergrad and was unsure whether or not they needed to be mailed to LMU.

This is so depressing lol but I am still holding out hope!

Quick question for ya'll though: Though we are students on the waitlist, are we required to send in transcripts from this semester? My spring 2018 grades are in as I just graduated undergrad and was unsure whether or not they needed to be mailed to LMU.
I think that would only apply if you got accepted or applied again!

Mine was a good page !
Hey! Quick question, if you don't mind me asking. Is there any sort of essay prompt or guidelines for the Master's Program Personal Statement? I can't seem to find it anywhere if there is one. Or did you just write a personal statement and email it to them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Quick question, if you don't mind me asking. Is there any sort of essay prompt or guidelines for the Master's Program Personal Statement? I can't seem to find it anywhere if there is one. Or did you just write a personal statement and email it to them?
It’s basically just a personal statement of why the MS program would benefit you at LMU. and I emailed it to them after

Is anyone else putting off starting their new application in hopes that by some miracle we get called off the waitlist soon? I reallllllllllly don’t want to go through this whole process again

Is anyone else putting off starting their new application in hopes that by some miracle we get called off the waitlist soon? I reallllllllllly don’t want to go through this whole process again
I was literally just about to post this! haha I even went on the VMCAS login page and was like uhhh nope, not ready for this again :oops:
but I did have a question regarding what VMCAS transfers over... I do know that you have to ask your LOR's to submit their letters again but what about experience, transcripts and GRE scores?

I was literally just about to post this! haha I even went on the VMCAS login page and was like uhhh nope, not ready for this again :oops:
but I did have a question regarding what VMCAS transfers over... I do know that you have to ask your LOR's to submit their letters again but what about experience, transcripts and GRE scores?
My experience and transcripts were still there when I logged in and you just have to confirm them.

Haha, same here. I logged in and then closed my laptop! This will actually be my 3rd time applying. If it is the same as last year, it transfers basically everything except LORs and your essays, but it gives you the option to go back and edit or add to it! As far as transcript entry goes, it saves everything from last cycle, but you have to enter any new coursework and resend all your transcripts for verification purposes. I can't remember if I had to resend my GRE scores or not.

In my case, I added a ton of experiences/improved grades between my first application and second. The first time I applied was more of a test run, and I only applied to my IS school was rejected. This year I applied to my IS, LMU, and Auburn, and was waitlisted at both my IS and LMU but rejected from Auburn. I'm kind of stuck on this application cycle though, because I don't have much to add other than last semester's coursework to strengthen my app

Haha, same here. I logged in and then closed my laptop! This will actually be my 3rd time applying. If it is the same as last year, it transfers basically everything except LORs and your essays, but it gives you the option to go back and edit or add to it! As far as transcript entry goes, it saves everything from last cycle, but you have to enter any new coursework and resend all your transcripts for verification purposes. I can't remember if I had to resend my GRE scores or not.

In my case, I added a ton of experiences/improved grades between my first application and second. The first time I applied was more of a test run, and I only applied to my IS school was rejected. This year I applied to my IS, LMU, and Auburn, and was waitlisted at both my IS and LMU but rejected from Auburn. I'm kind of stuck on this application cycle though, because I don't have much to add other than last semester's coursework to strengthen my app
Yeah, the only thing that I would have to add would be a Master's degree in Veterinary Biomedical Sciences...I hope that's enough. Cause I'm not planning on retaking the GRE (unless I absolutely have too) and I don't have much time to add any more experiences on my app cause of work (which is at an animal clinic so Im getting more hours that way)

As far as transcript entry goes, it saves everything from last cycle, but you have to enter any new coursework and resend all your transcripts for verification purposes. I can't remember if I had to resend my GRE scores or not.
You don’t have to resend transcripts if you haven’t taken any more classes at that school. If you have, they obviously need updated transcripts. For this past cycle, I didn’t have to resend my gre scores if they had a vmcas gre code. Individual schools had said they needed to be resent but they still showed as received in vmcas with the original date and I called vmcas and they said they were fine. If you want to double check the gre with vmcas, you can always call or email them if you want word specifically from them.
Branch out!!!!!! Apply to schools who look at last 45 (I’m assuming that’s better than your cumulative based on your post, but I don’t know your numbers). If you retook classes, apply to schools that replace the grade. If you didn’t do so hot on the gre, apply to schools that either don’t look at it or it’s not a huge percentage of their admissions formula. Apply to schools that fit your strengths, even if online they may not sound like your dream school. You really don’t know how much you’re going to like a school until you’re there and a student.

You don’t have to resend transcripts if you haven’t taken any more classes at that school. If you have, they obviously need updated transcripts. For this past cycle, I didn’t have to resend my gre scores if they had a vmcas gre code. Individual schools had said they needed to be resent but they still showed as received in vmcas with the original date and I called vmcas and they said they were fine. If you want to double check the gre with vmcas, you can always call or email them if you want word specifically from them.

Branch out!!!!!! Apply to schools who look at last 45 (I’m assuming that’s better than your cumulative based on your post, but I don’t know your numbers). If you retook classes, apply to schools that replace the grade. If you didn’t do so hot on the gre, apply to schools that either don’t look at it or it’s not a huge percentage of their admissions formula. Apply to schools that fit your strengths, even if online they may not sound like your dream school. You really don’t know how much you’re going to like a school until you’re there and a student.
Yeah I was definitely looking into schools that don't look at GRE which is quite a few now. I heard ohio state is doing away with it?

I got an offer this morning at about 9am, they are giving me until 9am tomorrow morning to make my decision. I may not accept, as I am already in at Iowa State. Here's to not sleeping tonight! Wish they gave a little more time to think!

Reactions: 2 users
I got an offer this morning at about 9am, they are giving me until 9am tomorrow morning to make my decision. I may not accept, as I am already in at Iowa State. Here's to not sleeping tonight! Wish they gave a little more time to think!
I’m a strong believer in “go to the cheapest school”
It’s obviously ultimately your choice though.
Have you made a pro con list for each school? Might help a bit.
Ooooor you could use my tried and true method of flipping a coin. Heads is Iowa State, tails is Lmu. If you’re disappointed in the outcome, go to the other option.

I’m a strong believer in “go to the cheapest school”
It’s obviously ultimately your choice though.
Have you made a pro con list for each school? Might help a bit.
Ooooor you could use my tried and true method of flipping a coin. Heads is Iowa State, tails is Lmu. If you’re disappointed in the outcome, go to the other option.
haha I might honestly flip a coin! There are things I love about both schools. Its a tough decision to make in 24 hours.

haha I might honestly flip a coin! There are things I love about both schools. Its a tough decision to make in 24 hours.

I was in basically the same situation as you. I ended up coming to LMU because of cheaper tuition, being closer to home and just loving it here.

& your decision is..? o_O

& your decision is..? o_O
I chose Iowa State, so I declined my offer! I was in too deep at Iowa to let it go (tuition deposit and money down on an apartment), I wish LMU caught me a week sooner! It was really hard to pass up, a piece of my heart broke, it really is a wonderful school in such a peaceful area!

Reactions: 2 users
@FutureDogtor would you mind sharing your stats?
Sure!
GPA 3.74
Science GPA 3.7
I had a ton of veterinary experience, probably over 2,000 hours by now at a small animal hospital. I also did research and have a research paper pending publication. I did not have any experience with large animal that would count towards my application. I think experience and research really help an application if that helps! I did not get any direct offers, but made alternate lists at 4 schools, and so far have been pulled off of two of them. If you are an alternate, keep your head up!!

On a totally different note, I'm looking for a roommate if anyone is interested. I promise I don't bite (and neither does my cat!!)

My reaction when I am in the process of starting a new VMCAS Application:

tumblr_inline_mjzc8jg5hk1qapr8k-2.gif

(Hope is still there that I get into LMU tho!!!)

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else gonna do a file review??

Just got my acceptance to the Veterinary Biomedical Science master so I'll definitely go with that if I don't get an acceptance e-mail. Anyone else here attending the master?

Reactions: 3 users
I feel like their email was a little encouraging because there is still some hope but in the meantime, I’m anxious to hear the feedback from the file review!!

Yay!!! As for your question I am staying in campus at least for my first year. It's safe, easy and that year will give me a chance to get to know the area for the possibility of off campus housing in case I get accepted in the DVM degree the next year.

Last edited:
Just got my acceptance to the Veterinary Biomedical Science master so I'll definitely go with that if I don't get an acceptance e-mail. Anyone else here attending the master?
Me too!

So I received a rejection email today from LMU (I was on the waitlist). They said that it was the biggest waitlist they've had. Glad for the honesty and I feel like I can really plan for next year without hoping I still have a chance of getting in. Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those still on the waitlist!

So I received a rejection email today from LMU (I was on the waitlist). They said that it was the biggest waitlist they've had. Glad for the honesty and I feel like I can really plan for next year without hoping I still have a chance of getting in. Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those still on the waitlist!
I’m super confused why they would kick us off the waitlist.

For the file review, the email said telephone, email or in person, which did y’all choose?