LMU c/o 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when people who interviewed got official rejections last year?
I looked at last years SDN group and saw a majority of people got waitlisted on April 6th, but I didn’t see rejections so I'm wondering the same thing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current third year here! Giving an accepted students tour April 12th 😬. Lmk if you guys have any questions! I’d be happy to answer them!
 
I am planning to attend my IS vet school and wanted to know if I should go ahead and withdraw from candidacy? I would like to know if I would be accepted or not but not at the cost of denying someone else an opportunity. Does anyone know if it would impact other students chances if I just waited to hear? Like wouldn't the first person on the waitlist just get my spot anyway if I was accepted and declined? And if I should withdraw, how do I do this?
 
Current third year here! Giving an accepted students tour April 12th [emoji51]. Lmk if you guys have any questions! I’d be happy to answer them!
I am scheduled for that tour! But currently waitlisted so hopefully I'll be accepted and see you there! [emoji16]
 
I am scheduled for that tour! But currently waitlisted so hopefully I'll be accepted and see you there! [emoji16]

Also curious to hear when you found out you were waitlisted! I am still waiting and haven’t heard anything from LMU, interviewed in October.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, thanks! Also, not sure if you would know this- but I wonder if interviewed students would have a decision by the time they tour? Or should we just expect to wait until the 4/15 deadline?
I’m not sure when the tours are but I would expect and HOPE to have decisions to us before 4/15 because 4/15 is the day WE have to let schools know.
 
I’m not sure when the tours are but I would expect and HOPE to have decisions to us before 4/15 because 4/15 is the day WE have to let schools know
When I clicked the link there were only two date options, either an AM or PM tour on 4/6 or an AM or PM tour on 4/12. I registered for the PM tour on 4/6 and I really hope I know something else by then 😂
 
When I clicked the link there were only two date options, either an AM or PM tour on 4/6 or an AM or PM tour on 4/12. I registered for the PM tour on 4/6 and I really hope I know something else by then 😂
I'm planning to go then too! Hopefully we can see each other there 🙂
 
I know some classmates in my class set up individual tours over the summer because they didn't offer tours last year because of COVID. So that is always an option too! Also, just an FYI our spring break is next week so I would assume the office is closed and if nothing comes out this week it may be the week after springbreak.
 
I know some classmates in my class set up individual tours over the summer because they didn't offer tours last year because of COVID. So that is always an option too! Also, just an FYI our spring break is next week so I would assume the office is closed and if nothing comes out this week it may be the week after springbreak.
Someone has been telling me they would maybe expect this week because of you being on spring break next so they don’t get bothered after emails go out
 
Acceptances went out last year around March 30th. Has anyone spoken to admissions about a more specific deadline for when we will hear? Especially since the first interviewee visit day is 4/6 and many people have to book flights, etc
 
I just got an acceptance email from LMU but I will be declining to go to my IS school. Hopefully this will help someone on the waitlist. Good luck to you all!

Congrats on the acceptance! Out of curiosity when was your interview?

Hopefully that means we will maybe hear something today [emoji28]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone going to the interviewee visit day, are we supposed to get further information on that? The first date is pretty soon and would like to hear something from LMU before I just show up lol
 
For anyone going to the interviewee visit day, are we supposed to get further information on that? The first date is pretty soon and would like to hear something from LMU before I just show up lol
The email I got initially said said that further instructions would be emailed once all the responses were collected, but I haven’t heard anything so far. I would also really like a decision letter before then lol
 
To any current LMU students around here, how did you best find housing? I have a cat I need to bring with me and would also like to bring a small rabbit possibly. I’ve tried looking around online but don’t see anything on rental websites.
 
To any current LMU students around here, how did you best find housing? I have a cat I need to bring with me and would also like to bring a small rabbit possibly. I’ve tried looking around online but don’t see anything on rental websites.



Those are going to be your best options to look for housing. Not a ton of apartments in this area. Ball realty is one that alot of people go through for apartments. Most of it is renting houses either with or without roommates.
 
The longer it takes to hear from LMU the more hope I lose that I’m not getting in.

Don’t lose hope! The fact you haven’t heard is probably good - looking at last year they accepted up to April 6th and then waitlisted and a lot of people got offers off of the waitlist.
 
Don’t lose hope! The fact you haven’t heard is probably good - looking at last year they accepted up to April 6th and then waitlisted and a lot of people got offers off of the waitlist.

I’m waitlisted by Mizzou and Illinois so if I do get waitlisted by LMU I better get pulled from one of them [emoji23][emoji23][emoji28][emoji120]
 
I’m in kind of a tough situation because I’m waiting to hear from LMU, but I was accepted to Ross for the May semester. I’m literally running out of time lol. If I get waitlisted I’ll probably just wind up pulling my name off. The thought of starting and finishing sooner is soooo attractive to an elderly 25 year old like myself
 
I called admissions yesterday and they said decisions will be rolling through summer months and there isn’t a set day that everyone gets a decision. I signed up for a 4/6 visitation day but will not go unless I’m accepted.
 
I called admissions yesterday and they said decisions will be rolling through summer months and there isn’t a set day that everyone gets a decision. I signed up for a 4/6 visitation day but will not go unless I’m accepted.

Very weird… I interviewed in October and have heard nothing… I’m hoping I’m at least waitlisted by April 15th ?!? [emoji28]. I’m signed up for the 12th and won’t go if not accepted as well.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called admissions yesterday and they said decisions will be rolling through summer months and there isn’t a set day that everyone gets a decision. I signed up for a 4/6 visitation day but will not go unless I’m accepted.
I signed up for the 6th as well and they have not even sent any information regarding that. I also am really doubting they will send decisions before then. Stressed is an understatement these days
 
I called admissions yesterday and they said decisions will be rolling through summer months and there isn’t a set day that everyone gets a decision. I signed up for a 4/6 visitation day but will not go unless I’m accepted.
That is WILD. I live close enough that going over there for an afternoon is no big deal, but I really feel for people that live far away and would have to make travel arrangements to tour a school they’ve heard nothing from. Gas is expensive
 
I called admissions yesterday and they said decisions will be rolling through summer months and there isn’t a set day that everyone gets a decision. I signed up for a 4/6 visitation day but will not go unless I’m accepted.

I know they said this last year so I’d assume you guys will still hear at least something before April 15th since that’s the decision deadline….. even if it’s being waitlisted and then admitted during the summer.
 
To add on and give some perspective…. I’m currently in the Facebook group and there’s literally only 30 people in it including the few alumni [emoji23] doesn’t include people who have maybe not found it yet but I definitely wouldn’t get super discouraged. Part of the problem is probably that they extended admissions decisions and haven’t heard from those students who might be waiting/trying to decide what school to go to. So I’d definitely expect for you guys to hear more at bare minimum after April 15th
 
Trying to remain hopeful for my 2 waitlist and for LMU especially if they have a January class. Really hoping to not apply again [emoji28][emoji1696]