LMU-DCOM Class of 2014!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone remember if the DCOM apartments we toured had air conditioning?

Yes, they do. It's just like a hotel AC/Heater unit.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok guys, I have a master bedroom available.
6 miles from DCOM, about 8 minutes from DCOM
Large kitchen, lots of cabinets
Large laundry room with full size washer and dryer provided
High speed wired/wireless internet, cable TV
ADT monitored security system
Utilities to be split by tenants
No Pets, No Smoking
Master bedroom with large bath $450/ month

I have a room for rent if any one is looking for housing near DCOM. The room is in a house that will be shared with two second-year students that are already living there (Both are guys, one downstairs and one upstairs). The house has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and is a split level with 1800 square feet. All electric appliances/utilities.

1.8 miles from DCOM
Nearby blacktop path that leads to DCOM
Full Kitchen
Living Room
Large deck with grill
Back yard fire pit
Washer and dryer
Storage shed
High speed wireless internet
Satellite
The room is on the main floor and has a full bathroom across the hall.

$300/month + utilities split between three room mates.

email or call
Steve Hosack OMS-III 573-424-7426
steven.hosack at lmunet.edu

Pictures Found At:
http://s660.photobucket.com/albums/uu323/dahoseman/522 Presidential Blvd Harrogate TN/

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok guys, I have a master bedroom available.
6 miles from DCOM, about 8 minutes from DCOM
Large kitchen, lots of cabinets
Large laundry room with full size washer and dryer provided
High speed wired/wireless internet, cable TV
ADT monitored security system
Utilities to be split by tenants
No Pets, No Smoking
Master bedroom with large bath $450/ month

Update: A brand new kitchen is going in these next couple of weeks. The new space downstairs is gonna make for some fabulous get-togethers! :thumbup:

Has anyone thought about buying the amazon kindle and then purchasing the required books for it. I was just checking on some of the prices for kindle version versus printed text and it seeeems like it would be a good idea.. Any thoughts or opinions?

Has anyone thought about buying the amazon kindle and then purchasing the required books for it. I was just checking on some of the prices for kindle version versus printed text and it seeeems like it would be a good idea.. Any thoughts or opinions?

Bad idea. I love my Kindle, but you won't be able to effectively study on it. Nor will you be able to take notes on it which is key.

I have an odd question for anyone renting from the Ball Reality appartments, if you are moving in during the July month is Roger prorating your rent? I am moving out of those appartments and I feel like he is screwing me over (beware anyone moving into those appartments, Roger is a cheap SOB).

Thanks

yes my rent got prorated
Paula told me that my rent would be prorated. I wish I would have heard the horror stories before I dropped the deposit on the apartment : ( Question though - what did most of the people do there for garbage? Did you guys pay for the monthly garbage can rental and hope the cans didn't get stolen? Or did you take your trash to the county dumpster? And what about cable/internet up there? What company is most popular - the communicomm or at&t? Besides Roger being a cheapskate, anything else I need to watch out for (break-ins, etc.) ?

break ins? what have you heard? i thought it was pretty safe here at the ball apartments....one of my neighbors has a camera security system, which I think is great!

Does anyone remember if the DCOM apartments we toured had air conditioning?
it's the wall unit....it sucks..lots of bugs get in....i had a huge no-see-um and fruit fly infestation in my room at the INN

Who do you guys prefer for internet? communicom or ATT? Thanks

Communicom is fine.

If you go with ATT you will probably get a slighty better service but at a more expensive price.

break ins? what have you heard? i thought it was pretty safe here at the ball apartments....one of my neighbors has a camera security system, which I think is great!

He has the cameras up because the attempted break-in was his apartment. Maybe things will be better with the construction workers gone, unless they start more new buildings there.

Kindle, IPad are good for reading but probably not practical to take on the wards. an iphone is a better choice. unless you want to browse websites, iphone does a lot

Communicom is fine.

If you go with ATT you will probably get a slighty better service but at a more expensive price.

communicom 8mbps (cable modem) for $29.99 a month with equipment included

att is 6mbps (DSL) for $39.99 a month plus $100 for the equipment

I think I'll go with communicom...

He has the cameras up because the attempted break-in was his apartment. Maybe things will be better with the construction workers gone, unless they start more new buildings there.

can you give more details please? was it the construction workers who attempted it? and what actually prevented the intruder from truly breaking in, hence the attempted?

Thanks...im only asking because I would rather spend a few hundred on a security system rather than risk losing thousands of dollars worth of stuff

communicom 8mbps (cable modem) for $29.99 a month with equipment included

att is 6mbps (DSL) for $39.99 a month plus $100 for the equipment

I think I'll go with communicom...

can you give more details please? was it the construction workers who attempted it? and what actually prevented the intruder from truly breaking in, hence the attempted?

Thanks...im only asking because I would rather spend a few hundred on a security system rather than risk losing thousands of dollars worth of stuff

Remember you are living in harrogate, tn not memphis. The crime is ULTRA low.