-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU-DCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011
Started by OrangeRoost
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
1
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking forward to applying to this college. I'm very impressed with it. I'm going to be keeping up with this thread. Good luck, guys/girls!
Definitely my #1 choice, although I dont think my stats are too competitive.... and Im Canadian or "foreign" lol
Anyone heard of any Canadians accepted here?
Are any of you guys OOS?
I'm worried that I might be too "foreign" too since I'm not from the Appalachian region.
But I'm still going to apply. It sounds like it would be a great school.I'm not from Appalachia, and I got in for this past cycle. I did attend undergrad in the Appalachia region though, so I did have a tie to the area.I'm worried that I might be too "foreign" too since I'm not from the Appalachian region.But I'm still going to apply. It sounds like it would be a great school.
Definitely my #1 choice, although I dont think my stats are too competitive.... and Im Canadian or "foreign" lol
Anyone heard of any Canadians accepted here?
Are any of you guys OOS?
I read in the C/O 2015 App Cycle thread (page 4) that LMU-DCOM is not taking international students starting this year, so you may want to validate this claim with some research or a phone call to the admin office.
I don't want to spread misinformation, or upset your #1 choice, but I thought I'd give you a heads up.
I'm OOS, and looking forward to applying! 👍
I read in the C/O 2015 App Cycle thread (page 4) that LMU-DCOM is not taking international students starting this year, so you may want to validate this claim with some research or a phone call to the admin office.
I don't want to spread misinformation, or upset your #1 choice, but I thought I'd give you a heads up.
I'm OOS, and looking forward to applying! 👍
Nooooooo Thats not good news🙁 I REALLY REALLY wanted to apply to LMU
Nooooooo Thats not good news🙁 I REALLY REALLY wanted to apply to LMU
I would call the school to make sure this info is accurate.
Does anyone else planning to apply have a family or sig other? As I've been reading about the area, I've become more worried about how rural the school is and that my husband wouldn't be able to find a job. It's making me reconsider applying.
I think that depends on what kind of job he wants right?Does anyone else planning to apply have a family or sig other? As I've been reading about the area, I've become more worried about how rural the school is and that my husband wouldn't be able to find a job. It's making me reconsider applying.
Does anyone else planning to apply have a family or sig other? As I've been reading about the area, I've become more worried about how rural the school is and that my husband wouldn't be able to find a job. It's making me reconsider applying.
I wouldn't let this discourage you from applying just yet. There are several towns around the area with more job opportunities than you might think. Also, many of the students move here with families already and just choose to commute. That's not to say it's easy, but it can be done. There are several cities, including Knoxville, that are about an hour and people just live in between school and their spouse's job spot.
What kind of job does he need?
All in all, don't rule out the school yet. Go see it first. I think you'll love it 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1
123880
For those who are uncertain about having your locale held against you, know that DCOM takes students from all over. We have students from WI, FL, CA, NY, MI, TX etc. The school wants students who will be good doctors. Is there preference for students from the area? I think the school looks heavily at students from the are (South/Southeast) but it doesn't mean that no one else is accepted.
I'm not certain of any changes wrt international students. We do currently have int'l students but there may have been recent changes. Definitely get that info from the school if you're int'l and interested in coming here.
For now, you should focus on your application, your LORs, and your personal statement.

I'm not certain of any changes wrt international students. We do currently have int'l students but there may have been recent changes. Definitely get that info from the school if you're int'l and interested in coming here.
For now, you should focus on your application, your LORs, and your personal statement.

Ya im super confused because I checked their website and none of the information there was changed about "foreign transcripts".... so I dunno. I emailed them anyway to check. Its super important to me because its one of the only US DO schools that looks appealing to me based off pics and google street view.
Some of the schools ie Touro NY, sounds nice but when you see it on google street, its quite unappealing
Some of the schools ie Touro NY, sounds nice but when you see it on google street, its quite unappealing
submitted my app here, def one of my top choices but until I re-take my mcat, i'm not expecting anything...
we'll see what happens
we'll see what happens
After many month of shadowing a DO, I made the switch from dental to medicine. I'm from Florida and I've heard great things about this school and is def my #1 choice. I've heard they have housing very close to campus that is just for the med students. I'm married and my wife is looking into finshing her undergrad at this school. Best of luck to everyone and hope to see you at interviews!
Ya im super confused because I checked their website and none of the information there was changed about "foreign transcripts".... so I dunno. I emailed them anyway to check. Its super important to me because its one of the only US DO schools that looks appealing to me based off pics and google street view.
Some of the schools ie Touro NY, sounds nice but when you see it on google street, its quite unappealing
It says they aren't accepting applications from foreign students in the CIB.
Good luck to all of you c/o 2015 applicants! I'm excited for you all! (Or as they say around here in Harrogate: "you'ns!")
1
Last edited:
well im applying again😀 hopefully this will be my year! stupid stupid mcat!🙂 woo go lmu!!!
The secondary app is out, but can we go ahead and send it in? I've already gotten it completed. There is something about them not accepting them until July 1st on their site. Can we go ahead and send them in anyway?
does anyone know what constitutes a "short" essay?
also, in case anyone has trouble opening the app..
ESSAYS
Please write and ATTACH two short essays addressing the following questions:
1) What personal qualities do you possess that will make you a successful osteopathic physician?
2) In your own life, which experiences and people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician?
ESSAYS
Please write and ATTACH two short essays addressing the following questions:
1) What personal qualities do you possess that will make you a successful osteopathic physician?
2) In your own life, which experiences and people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question answered in the general forum. Thanks.
Last edited:
Last year as soon as I submitted the primary, I mailed them my secondary. However, if the website says wait until July 1st, I would certainly abide by that. The major point here, though, is NOT to wait until you are verified. It should help you get processed faster and *hopefully* get you that interview slot earlier! Good luck everyone!
Well, my primary was verified and sent to them on June 6th, so I went ahead and filled out the secondary and was planning on dropping it in the mail either today or tomorrow. I don't think it would be a bad thing for it to get there a week early.
Heck, their video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MbuV62YsXg) says to go ahead and send in their secondary as soon as you submit your primary. You don't have to wait til you here from them.
Good luck everyone!
Heck, their video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MbuV62YsXg) says to go ahead and send in their secondary as soon as you submit your primary. You don't have to wait til you here from them.
Good luck everyone!
hey can we send this in a regular envelope? or am I gonna have to make a trip to the post office?
Definitely attach any other stuff in a resume type document catered to a med school application. I would say make sure everything is very relevant and not just filler to impress them 😉Did anyone attach their resume/cv to the application? I have more job experiences and volunteer experiences than there is room.
Unfortunately you will have to go to the post office 🙂 Send it in a flat envelope and get it weighed just in case so it doesn't come back!hey can we send this in a regular envelope? or am I gonna have to make a trip to the post office?
Just got my first secondary from LMU-DCOM. 🙂 I know it was already online and everyone is supposed to send it in, but I'm still glad I finally got an email for a 2ndary.
It doesn't say anything about waiting until July 1st, so I guess I'll send it in asap.
It doesn't say anything about waiting until July 1st, so I guess I'll send it in asap.
do we have to attach a resume/cv even though everything is already on aacomas primary or is it like some schools where some of the interviewers dont use the primary and only use the secondary in order to not be biased..?
someone posted this in the secondary forum...but if you haven't gotten the secondary yet...check your spam folders, especially if your using gmail.
someone posted this in the secondary forum...but if you haven't gotten the secondary yet...check your spam folders, especially if your using gmail.
Thanks for the tip! Among the 220 SPAM messages since 11 a.m. yesterday was my LMU-DCOM secondary invite!
do we have to attach a resume/cv even though everything is already on aacomas primary or is it like some schools where some of the interviewers dont use the primary and only use the secondary in order to not be biased..?
If the secondary doesn't request a resume, don't worry about it. I don't recall attaching anything with my secondary, but just double check all of the instructions to make sure. However, if you have one made up, it has more detail most likely, and it never hurts to send extra info!
do we have to attach a resume/cv even though everything is already on aacomas primary or is it like some schools where some of the interviewers dont use the primary and only use the secondary in order to not be biased..?
I just mailed mine today, and I didn't include a cv.
Has anyone written their essays yet? It just says to attach two SHORT essays, but there is no specific limit. I wrote less than 1/2 a page each, 12pt Times New Roman, single spaced. I wonder if that was enough.
Last edited:
I just mailed mine today, and I didn't include a cv.
Has anyone written their essays yet? It just says to attach to SHORT essays, but there is no specific limit. I wrote less than 1/2 a page each, 12pt Times New Roman, single spaced. I wonder if that was enough.
I did the same. Mailed mine yesterday.
Mailed mine today. Essays are about the same length as y'alls. I included my CV, but I'm a non-trad, so it explains what I've been up to for the past few years. 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mailed mine in today too! I am a non-trad as well, although I didn't include a resume...hope I'll be alright! My essays were about a page each...short is too subjective for me! Haha!
I'm a non-trad, too. I didn't include my resume.
Hi can someone help me out? I filled out the application and printed it out but it printed blank as if I hadn't filled out anything. Should I fill this application out by hand or is there some way that I can get adobe to actually print what I fill in?
Hi can someone help me out? I filled out the application and printed it out but it printed blank as if I hadn't filled out anything. Should I fill this application out by hand or is there some way that I can get adobe to actually print what I fill in?
That's really strange. Can you try again on a different computer? I'd do that before I'd write by hand.
Make sure you select the print option from the PDF and not your web browser.
for "professional experience" does that mean real jobs?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 622
- Views
- 118K
- Replies
- 2K
- Views
- 310K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K