All Branch Topic (ABT) Loans on HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HungryHungryLion

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people with living expenses greater than the monthly stipend, what are some good alternatives for financial aid? Several students at my school, myself included, have exceptional circumstances (families, medical bills, emergencies) and Cost of Attendance doesn't factor that in. Once the COA is met we are no longer eligible for federal loans, or the WellsFargo MedCap loan to my understanding. Has anyone had any experience with this or found a good solution? Insight appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If you have dependents you generally can still borrow above the recommended limit that was based on a single student. Just talk to our financial aid office. Other options are food stamps. Live cheap.

With an hpsp stipend and then borrowing the same cost of living stipend your classmates get you should be fine

Daycare expenses (if your Significant other works) is an allowable increase in loan amounts by policy. “But we don’t have enough money” isn’t.....

Can you give some more detail about why it’s not enough?