Lobsided MCAT score people - how did you do this cycle so far???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
#1 - 13PS 6VR 12BS S (31S)
#2 - 13PS 9VR 12BS T (34T)

I'm still waiting on UBC.

Members don't see this ad.

#1 - 13PS 6VR 12BS S (31S)
#2 - 13PS 9VR 12BS T (34T)

I'm still waiting on UBC.
your second score is awesome and not that lobsided. btw- it's interesting that you got a T in writing but a 9 in VR not that a 9 is awful :)

I applied to tons of schools:
12B, 11P, 8V, Q
18 Interviews, went to 12
I think I am at 6 acceptances, 1 rejection, and the rest are waitlists.
Applying to tons of schools helped me.

Members don't see this ad :)
PS 13 VR 7 BS 12 WS M, 32M

16 primaries, 14 secondaries, 7 interview invites, 6 interviews, 2 acceptances, 2 wait lists, 2 waiting

When I applied I made sure I looked at the MSAR and they had someone with a 7 or less in verbal.

I can't complain.

PS 14 V 10 BS 9

Applied to 13 schools. 6 interview invites, went to 5. 1 acceptance and 3 waitlists so far. Apply widely and early! My apps weren't complete until end of october. I had an interviewer comment on my slightly low BS score, but I don't think it hurt me too much. Good luck!

What exactly is considered lopsided??? Some of those scores above don't seem lopsided. My scores: vr = 7, bs = 12, ps = 14, M. I feel my MCAT hurt me at most schools. I'm from Cali, applied to 31 schools. I ended up with 4 interviews and only ONE acceptance, my top choice! Yay to UC Irvine!

BTW, I'm Chinese.

got my scores back yesterday...although my scores arent completely "lopsided" I'm afraid the low bio score will hurt me because I am a bio major...

12 V
10 P
9 B
= 31Q

I want to stay in my home state of Louisiana...I have a 3.8 GPA and fairly good EC's....

thanks for any input.

12P, 6V, 11B, R

Just got into med school today at Michigan State. I'm from CA and am an asian-american male if that makes any difference.

congrats ihateverbal. Any ties to Michicgan?

got my scores back yesterday...although my scores arent completely "lopsided" I'm afraid the low bio score will hurt me because I am a bio major...

12 V
10 P
9 B
= 31Q

I want to stay in my home state of Louisiana...I have a 3.8 GPA and fairly good EC's....

thanks for any input.

I don't think that your score is lopsided. You shoould be a strong candidate assuming you have all the other components of a good application.

I'm quite lopsided...7 verbal, 12 bio, 14 physical, M. I'm asian american and will be going to UC Irvine this coming year. Good luck everyone!

12P, 6V, 11B, R

Just got into med school today at Michigan State. I'm from CA and am an asian-american male if that makes any difference.

Hey, I have exact same stats(even CA res. and as.am).... i got my score just yesterday(it was my retake my first VR score was 8). I am actually planning to take it again in july24th... can you tell me your other stats(ECs and stuff)?

thx

I have a 3.80 GPA, 3.73 BCPM at UCLA.

I am a teaching assistant, volunteered at a local hospital for 1.5 years, taught middle school in the summer, was a camp counselor, was a tutor for LS 3 (Molecular Bio), started a pre-health fraternity, and did research for about 1.5 years too, participated in 2 large campus plays. I think that about sums it up. I also got some kind of Americorps scholarship and a UCLA Alumni scholarship.

If you have any more questions, pvt me

by the way, the decline in verbal is not a good sign either tho. i'm considering retkaing the mcat too, even tho I already got in. im debating right now whether i should reapply next year.

No ties to Michigan..but I'm in a huge dilemma.

Oh yeah, if it makes any difference for you to know...I submitted my primary application in September! Verified in October.

If you have my stats, you should apply early (like in June)

Thx a lot man, that helps me a lot. I also have same GPA as you (3.8 Overall, 3.85BCPM). I have 1.5yrs of research(with department honor) + 1yr of volunteer(Medical assistant at a local hospital) and some other ECs... nothing spectacular, but not bad i think. I was debating whether i should apply with my current score and let them know that i'm retaking in JULY, and your advice helpED a lot. Thanks once again, and good luck to you. ps. I am graduating this year (UCSB).