Locum Rates in Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aether2000

algosdoc
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Considering giving up the full time gig and doing locum because our group does not allow part time or split positions. What is the current rates an anesthesiologist could expect to receive per hour if private locums vs. corporate locums? Any idea how much locums companies are receiving from hospitals, ASCs, or anesthesia groups for locum’s services?

Members don't see this ad.

This is only somewhat related but in EM last year, the people doing locums were the first to feel the pain when employers started cutting hours and pay.

Members don't see this ad :)
Considering giving up the full time gig and doing locum because our group does not allow part time or split positions. What is the current rates an anesthesiologist could expect to receive per hour if private locums vs. corporate locums? Any idea how much locums companies are receiving from hospitals, ASCs, or anesthesia groups for locum’s services?
Florida is the friggin worst. I have a Florida license and I refuse to practice in Florida. Birthplace of the AMCs, crappy litigation protection, and poor rates Probably because of those AMCs. Let me ask my recruiter the rates and get back at ya.

The recruiter says that apparently they have so many doctors to choose from but they can typically lowball doctors. Apparently a lotta doctors want to work in Florida much to my surprise. I’m going to guess if you make any more above 200 that’s doing pretty well in Florida.

The recruiter says that apparently they have so many doctors to choose from but they can typically lowball doctors. Apparently a lotta doctors want to work in Florida much to my surprise. I’m going to guess if you make any more above 200 that’s doing pretty well in Florida.

i guess no state/city tax helps

This is only somewhat related but in EM last year, the people doing locums were the first to feel the pain when employers started cutting hours and pay.

My academic hospital had 4 locums jobs too for anesthesia and they were the first to go.