Locums gig in Haiti.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DirtDocMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wonder if they need some locums?? What do you think the pay should be?? Yikes...

Members don't see this ad.

Haiti is such an unlucky place, rife with lawlessness and poverty. I recommend people read Mountains Beyond Mountains to feel inadequate in comparison to the amazing work the recently deceased Paul Farmer did there. It really inspires my idealistic premed self.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Poor taste.
Maybe....

Mainly just trying to show that there are Docs, elsewhere, who have more to worry about than just bad hours/bad admin/pay that isn’t 90% MGMA. And they’re certainly not making what we are, here...

Reactions: 1 user
Haiti is such an unlucky place, rife with lawlessness and poverty. I recommend people read Mountains Beyond Mountains to feel inadequate in comparison to the amazing work the recently deceased Paul Farmer did there. It really inspires my idealistic premed self.

This deserves a song. FWIW, Arcade Fire has been a longtime supporter of PIH. Regine Chassagne, the vocalist, is of Haitian descent.

Reactions: 4 users
It's easiest to take advantage of people who are in abject poverty and in desperate need of assistance. The Haitian people have been targeted and exploited for decades. Just ask the Clintons. Errr, don't ask them, they'll just deny their crimes. IMO, anyone who voted for Hillary had to have been uninformed about their many crimes in Haiti. (GWBush isn't squeaky clean either.) Before you assume that a Dem is always the champion of the oppressed or cares more about minorities, here's a little light reading for you.

Where'd all the money go?
How The Clintons Robbed and Destroyed Haiti | The African Exponent.

Human trafficking of Haitian children? No worries. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gets charges dropped for longtime associate Silsby.
Laura Silsby and 10 'missionaries' caught smuggling out 33 children who had parents:

Laura Silsby legal advisor also a human trafficker? What a coincidence!

Wait, what? Clinton Pastor also arrested for sex crimes against Haitian orphans? No way! Must be just another coincidence!

Haitians are not stupid, and Haitians hate the Clintons.

This is what Trump was alluding to at the Al Smith Charity Dinner (roast) in Oct 2016 when he said (paraphrased) "It takes a village and Hillary ought to know since she's taken quite a few villages in Haiti."

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Well, wasn’t trying to get political (either way) on it. Just think it’s sad that THIS is what Docs in some places have to worry about, and they get treated this way. Puts some of our “complaints” about current jobs (or potential gigs) in perspective (and I complain as much as anyone).

Y’all have fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
It's easiest to take advantage of people who are in abject poverty and in desperate need of assistance. The Haitian people have been targeted and exploited for decades. Just ask the Clintons. Errr, don't ask them, they'll just deny their crimes. IMO, anyone who voted for Hillary had to have been uninformed about their many crimes in Haiti. (GWBush isn't squeaky clean either.) Before you assume that a Dem is always the champion of the oppressed or cares more about minorities, here's a little light reading for you.

Where'd all the money go?
How The Clintons Robbed and Destroyed Haiti | The African Exponent.

Human trafficking of Haitian children? No worries. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gets charges dropped for longtime associate Silsby.
Laura Silsby and 10 'missionaries' caught smuggling out 33 children who had parents:

Laura Silsby legal advisor also a human trafficker? What a coincidence!

Wait, what? Clinton Pastor also arrested for sex crimes against Haitian orphans? No way! Must be just another coincidence!

Haitians are not stupid, and Haitians hate the Clintons.

This is what Trump was alluding to at the Al Smith Charity Dinner (roast) in Oct 2016 when he said (paraphrased) "It takes a village and Hillary ought to know since she's taken quite a few villages in Haiti."

I do agree we need to be deeply skeptical of transracial and international adoptions. They are ripe for abuse and human trafficking. Even with sincere intent, it can be tainted by a white, Christian or western savior complex. Even with the best possible adoptive parents, there is always trauma that needs to be addressed. Many adoptees struggle to sort these things as adults because the adoptive parents are not equipped to address them.

Last edited: