LOI early in the cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pequalsmd26

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I've been really fortunate to interview at 3 schools now, one of which being my top choice school. Between cost, programs offered, and vibes at the interview, I am confident that I would commit to this school over any of my others, even if I got accepted anywhere else. I know the rule of thumb is 1 month after interviewing or whenever you're waitlisted, but it seems like that's more applicable to those who interview later in the cycle.

So my question is: is it reasonable to send a letter of intent? If so, when? Also, I know that AMCAS can start offering as of Oct 15, but since it's a TX school, it's been unclear if prematch offers begin Oct 15 or Nov 15, if anyone is able to clarify this.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi friends,

I've been really fortunate to interview at 3 schools now, one of which being my top choice school. Between cost, programs offered, and vibes at the interview, I am confident that I would commit to this school over any of my others, even if I got accepted anywhere else. I know the rule of thumb is 1 month after interviewing or whenever you're waitlisted, but it seems like that's more applicable to those who interview later in the cycle.

So my question is: is it reasonable to send a letter of intent? If so, when? Also, I know that AMCAS can start offering as of Oct 15, but since it's a TX school, it's been unclear if prematch offers begin Oct 15 or Nov 15, if anyone is able to clarify this.

Thanks!
Prematch offers can start Oct 15 at TMDSAS schools but not all schools do it the first day

Reactions: 1 user
Oh amazing, thanks! I feel like everywhere I look gives me a new answer. I appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you confident that you would go to that school over any other on your list (even ones that are pending). If NYU gives you an II the same day you’re accepted, would you be prepared to respectfully decline?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes! It's in my home state so I would have the support system I lacked in undergrad. It's cheaper, in a new part of town I'd love to experience, and has all of the qualities I am looking for in a school. I have no reservations about choosing this school over NYU, Harvard, Stanford, etc, because it would give me an environment to become a great doctor and a more well rounded person.