Loi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jackjohn

Can anyone tell me the correct format for an LOI? What kind of info should it contain and how long should it be? Also, who do you address it to?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone tell me the correct format for an LOI? What kind of info should it contain and how long should it be? Also, who do you address it to?

Your pal the search funcion sure can.

Seriously though... I've answered this question so many times I just search for my name and "Letter of Intent"

Below is the template I wrote that I usually post when somebody asks about letters of intent.

Usually, a letter of intent is reserved for when you have been waitlisted, although, I suppose it could be sent sooner. I wouldn't send one pre-interview.

The view on multiple letters of intent is somewhat split on SDN. I am adamantly opposed to sending more than one, I feel it strikes against your credibility. But there's not much more it can do... so I guess it's your decision.

(Address to Dean of Admissions)

Paragraph 1: As you may know, I am currently on the waitlist. I am writing to state in no uncertain terms that it is my intent to attend XYZ medical school. If accepted I will withdraw all outstanding applications to other medical schools and begin the process of enrolling at XYZ medical school.

Paragraph 2: Kiss ass. Tell them why you love the school so much. Give details.

Paragraph 3: Closure. Include details about how you may be contacted since you are on the waitlist. (e-mail, home mailing address, phone, any alternate phone numbers, etc.)

Thank you and I hope to see you in August,

Your name
Your AMCAS ID

^Type and Sign

^seriously, I copied this exact post verbatim from the last time this was asked

Your pal the search funcion sure can.

Seriously though... I've answered this question so many times I just search for my name and "Letter of Intent"

Below is the template I wrote that I usually post when somebody asks about letters of intent.

Usually, a letter of intent is reserved for when you have been waitlisted, although, I suppose it could be sent sooner. I wouldn't send one pre-interview.

The view on multiple letters of intent is somewhat split on SDN. I am adamantly opposed to sending more than one, I feel it strikes against your credibility. But there's not much more it can do... so I guess it's your decision.

(Address to Dean of Admissions)

Paragraph 1: As you may know, I am currently on the waitlist. I am writing to state in no uncertain terms that it is my intent to attend XYZ medical school. If accepted I will withdraw all outstanding applications to other medical schools and begin the process of enrolling at XYZ medical school.

Paragraph 2: Kiss ass. Tell them why you love the school so much. Give details.

Paragraph 3: Closure. Include details about how you may be contacted since you are on the waitlist. (e-mail, home mailing address, phone, any alternate phone numbers, etc.)

Thank you and I hope to see you in August,

Your name
Your AMCAS ID

^Type and Sign

^seriously, I copied this exact post verbatim from the last time this was asked

someone should create a new forum about FAQ in applying to medschool

Members don't see this ad :)
someone should create a new forum about FAQ in applying to medschool
you would think that'd be a good idea, and it's been done with the stickied threads at the top. but no one reads that and n00bs will still repost questions and topics until the end of time.

you would think that'd be a good idea, and it's been done with the stickied threads at the top. but no one reads that and n00bs will still repost questions and topics until the end of time.

I know this is a little off topic...you think we could "build" someone like grace park for ourselves? just like Cylons did? :laugh: oh boy, that's a hot avator