Loma Linda Interviews??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

endlesslove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, if you sent in your application for the priority deadline 2 weeks ago, about when should we expect to hear from them--whether it be an invitation to an interview, rolling you over to regular admissions, or rejection? when do interviews at LLU begin?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i emailed the admissions counselor and he still hasnt gotten back to me about it. he's usually very prompt with his replies too.. so i'm wondering whats up as well?

how were your essays??

I think last year they were around January and February

Members don't see this ad :)
OoShimmeroO said:
I think last year they were around January and February

really?! so what's up with having a PRIORITY deadline? where do ppl who applied for priority decisions get the "advantage"? i guess the "advantage" at this school isn't an earlier admissions date...hopefully being more leniant when making final decisions :D

endlesslove said:
really?! so what's up with having a PRIORITY deadline? where do ppl who applied for priority decisions get the "advantage"? i guess the "advantage" at this school isn't an earlier admissions date...hopefully being more leniant when making final decisions :D

I dunno about any sort of advantage applying early, but it probably helps. I applied last year to Loma Linda around november. I ended up getting interviewed on dec 21st and - no joke - was accepted a DAY LATER. So, if you meet their GPA reqs and have a good interview u can get in fairly quickly. It is rolling admissions though, so get it in before december i would say. There was no essay, it was just an interview and they had all of my stats and everything in front of them.

Lexian said:
I dunno about any sort of advantage applying early, but it probably helps. I applied last year to Loma Linda around november. I ended up getting interviewed on dec 21st and - no joke - was accepted a DAY LATER. So, if you meet their GPA reqs and have a good interview u can get in fairly quickly. It is rolling admissions though, so get it in before december i would say. There was no essay, it was just an interview and they had all of my stats and everything in front of them.

Wow!!! Congrats!!! That's really awesome! So did you turn your application in by the priority deadline? I called just a little while ago to ask about the status of my application but they still have TONS of mail to process. They say it takes a few weeks to sort everything out (I'd imagine) and then they send letters/e-mails about the status of the application!

Also, did you write about the interview in the feedback section? :) If not, how was it?

Good luck to everybody applying there! It sounds like a really good school so I'm crossing my fingers for an interview!

Vandykitten said:
Wow!!! Congrats!!! That's really awesome! So did you turn your application in by the priority deadline? I called just a little while ago to ask about the status of my application but they still have TONS of mail to process. They say it takes a few weeks to sort everything out (I'd imagine) and then they send letters/e-mails about the status of the application!

Also, did you write about the interview in the feedback section? :) If not, how was it?

Good luck to everybody applying there! It sounds like a really good school so I'm crossing my fingers for an interview!

I didn't turn in my app by the priority deadline, so when I interviewed in Dec they said they had already interviewed quite a few people. I think they have 65 or so seats available, and when I was accepted in late december they had filled half the class already. It is a very nice school, beautiful campus. They are a religious affiliated school, so when you interview there you will most definitely have one question about either your religious affiliation or if you have any questions/reserves about LomaLinda being affiliated in that way.

Good luck and hope you get your interview soon. ;)

Lexian said:
I didn't turn in my app by the priority deadline, so when I interviewed in Dec they said they had already interviewed quite a few people. I think they have 65 or so seats available, and when I was accepted in late december they had filled half the class already. It is a very nice school, beautiful campus. They are a religious affiliated school, so when you interview there you will most definitely have one question about either your religious affiliation or if you have any questions/reserves about LomaLinda being affiliated in that way.

hey, thanks for responding. yeah, i called today and they said they had TONS of mail to process! so i don't know how they will finish by december! at any rate, if you don't mind me asking, how religious are you, if any at all. i know a lotta ppl from my school (Berkeley) didn't apply b/c of how religious that school is. They [ppl at berkeley] make them [LLU] sound like a cult...mind clearing up any misunderstandings?? thanks!

Lexian said:

Thanks! :)

From what I do know, 7th Day Adventists are pretty religious and the website says they close facilities early on Friday and open again on Sunday since Saturday is the Sabbath and no work can be done.

I've gotten a GREAT impression of the school so far. The people there are always VERY friendly!

I'm really glad you've had a positive experience thus far -- this makes me even more anxious to hear from them!! :)

My friend interviewed at LLU for dental school (good stats & everything) but said he had a very bad experience b/c of his religious affiliation (according to him, he wasn't religious enough??)... I'm Buddhist (but I attended private school before college) & I'm hoping this won't hurt me. :eek:

To Lexian: Oh yes.. forgot to ask, but do you mind me asking what your stats were? Mine arent great but I have a lot of healthcare experience, good recs and I was pretty proud of my essays. Wondering if that will be enough...?? :confused:

melt36 said:
To Lexian: Oh yes.. forgot to ask, but do you mind me asking what your stats were? Mine arent great but I have a lot of healthcare experience, good recs and I was pretty proud of my essays. Wondering if that will be enough...?? :confused:

I went into the application process with a 3.65 overall and a 3.55 in pre-reqs.

I sort of feel like a good GPA will get you in the door definitely (get you an interview), but to be accepted takes a lot of intangibles. When you go to these interviews like at USC, UCSD and UCSF you'll find that the other interviewees are all very good students with good gpas or whatever. But for the schools to seperate them out it takes a great interview, essay and letter of recs really. I don't know if that's really what happens, but thats how I think of it because with the interview essay and the interview itself you get a chance to tell them who you are and why you think you're a good fit for their program, and a good interview goes a long way. There are a lot of bright people in my class at UCSF, but it's not full of 4.0's. They are always looking for well rounded students who genuinely care about the profession and are excited about the program, and I'm sure they conveyed that during their interview day as well as in their letters of rec. So I guess I would say not to get too hung up on gpa, because it's definitely not the final, deciding factor.

And with the Loma Linda religion thing, yeah, they are religious. I think you take several ethics courses in your 4 years there. They also require that all students attend some sort of mass or service once a week. The staff there was very kind though, and I got a positive vibe while visiting.

what questions regarding religion did they ask at the interviews?

endlesslove said:
what questions regarding religion did they ask at the interviews?

They first asked me if I had ever heard of the 7th Adventist church before, and if so, what have I heard? They then asked me if I had any questions or concerns about the fact that Loma Linda was a religiously affiliated university (which I answered no, because if I did I would not have applied). They also asked me if I had a religious affiliation and if so, what my religious affiliation is (I grew up in the Catholic church). They also asked me how I felt my upbringing in the church affected my decision to enter into the pharmacy profession.