Loma Linda Rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cangara

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone has received a letter of rejection from Loma Linda University. I still haven't received any information from that school, but I know that some have been interviewed and accepted.

Anyone knows anything about with the status of their admission?

Members don't see this ad.

cangara said:
I am just wondering if anyone has received a letter of rejection from Loma Linda University. I still haven't received any information from that school, but I know that some have been interviewed and accepted.

Anyone knows anything about with the status of their admission?

I am so desperately desperate to hear anything from them soon. WHat they can only say to me is JUST WAIT from them about the result. In my situation, it could have been a lot better and easier for me to know it soon because I am not done with the requirements yet, and I sent the online application on early October 04 and haven't heard anything from them until now.
:idea: :mad: :oops: :(

angelil_yu--
Have you interviewed yet? Since u sent it in back in October 04 (when I also sent mine in and I've already interviewed/been accepted but I declined), I'm suspecting you have already interviewed too. If so, when was your interview? You should hear from them within 5-7 days (or even as early as within 3 hours after your interview, in my case). Best of luck

Cangara--
when did you interview? you should hear from them very soon (as stated above). best of luck!

in both cases, it may now take them longer now b/c they're interviewing more ppl?

Members don't see this ad :)
Cangara--
when did you interview? you should hear from them very soon (as stated above). best of luck!

in both cases, it may now take them longer now b/c they're interviewing more ppl?[/QUOTE]

well, no invitation for interview here. I am assuming that i won't get one. Do you know when they started interviewing more people? How many applicants were interviewed the time you went there?

ENdless love,

I have not been interviewed by them or anything like that. The last letter I received from them was that I need to take this english test--I don't remember--of spoken english because I am not a native speaker. They said that they need nothing from me up until this point, and hasn't sent me an invitation letter (bad sign=rejection?), maybe they are not interested in me. :(

cangara said:
well, no invitation for interview here. I am assuming that i won't get one. Do you know when they started interviewing more people? How many applicants were interviewed the time you went there?

Hey Cangara, sorry about the wrong assumption there. I asked when your interview was b/c last month you had PMed me (after I had my LLU interview) about what to ask the LLU faculty members at the LLU interview...thusssss, i figured you were preparing for your interview that was coming up at LLU within a few days ;) Did you submit your app by the priority deadline or the regular deadline? that may make a diff...At any rate, I don't know how many applicants were there on my interview day. I was there alone. All I can say is that I had to wait for the Dean to finish up her interview with another applicant before me so she could interview me. Near the end of the interview, she said they had already started accepting ppl (I interviewed 1/6/2005)

angelil_yu said:
ENdless love,

I have not been interviewed by them or anything like that. The last letter I received from them was that I need to take this english test--I don't remember--of spoken english because I am not a native speaker. They said that they need nothing from me up until this point, and hasn't sent me an invitation letter (bad sign=rejection?), maybe they are not interested in me. :(

Maybe the lack of your English test results is delaying the processing of your application?? I'm assuming the "English test" = TOEFL? I know you said you turned in your application in October 04, but since the priority deadline was 10/15...I now ask if you submitted your app by 10/15 (priority status) or after that (regular status)? I would definitely not give up yet since there's still hope!

To both applicants here, as I mentioned in a previous LLU thread I started back around Xmas, in my opinion the LLU faculty could really shape up on how they handle/process all these apps. However, as I also mentioned in a previous post, they didn't expect the # of priority applicants to more than double last yr's #s. Nonetheless, after going to the interview, I found out that the faculty members are REALLY nice and caring. So, if I were you guys, I wouldn't hesitate to call them. Usually Brian picks up, if not, I'd request him (altho Michael Scarborough is also a nice gentleman--both in person and over the phone) just 'cuz he seemed more chill. Anyway, be EXTRA polite to him and say you're calling to find out the status of your application. First time I called (Nov), he said my application just got sent in to the Admissions Committee for review (oy!) and then the second time I called (mid-December), he said he just got my application back from the admissions committee (boy, do I call at the right times, lol). He told me to hold up as he walked over ot get my file, got back on the phone and was like "i've got good news for you. The Admissions Committee has granted you an interview." So I encourage both of you guys to call. Also, have you guys checked your voicemail?? they give interview invitations over the phone, not via snail mail! so maybe you guys have invitations waiting for you in your voicemail box ;)

Best of luck!

Loma Linda will probably grant interivews up until April