Loma Linda University School of Medicine Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Why did you decide to attend Loma Linda School of Medicine?

• Religious aspect of program

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Didn't have any choice, it was the only school that would accept me!

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • The tuition!

Votes: 6 8.6%
    Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Friends

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Parent relative was an alumnus

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters
docta jay - untrue.

any financial aid (minus your tuition, etc.) will become "available" to you on august 6th. this means that (since direct deposit has been revamped and is not working yet) you can request a check on monday the 6th and (since they only cut checks on thursdays) pick it up on thursday the 9th.

this is according to the student finance lady.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone "freakin' out" yet? :D

If not, you should be!

Ok, I'm joking. You guys are going to love LLU.

Dr. Werner, the Dean of Academic, will give you a speach at orientation which might pucker your sphincter - don't let it. God brought you through this far, and is not about to let you fall. (BTW, it's difficult to tell 1st year, but Dr. Werner is about the nciest guy and best ally you may have in the Dean's office)

BTW, I'm kicking around LLU doing some research, probably for most of the year. If anyone wants or needs some informal tutoring send me a PM. I work for cups of coffee.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you attending LLU this year. Do you all have a very religious background? I would love to attend LLU (I'm applying for 2008) but my parents never exposed me to religion. I am very open to it and would love to learn more about it. I'm not sure how to appeal to the AdCom about myself. What would help my chances?
Thanks

For those of you attending LLU this year. Do you all have a very religious background? I would love to attend LLU (I'm applying for 2008) but my parents never exposed me to religion. I am very open to it and would love to learn more about it. I'm not sure how to appeal to the AdCom about myself. What would help my chances?
Thanks

Most at Loma Linda are religious. Even more specific, most are Christian. There are the occasional muslim, jew, agnostic, and atheist. It would be easier to get in if you were religious, but it's still possible to get in with good stats. If you are okay with religion, then get involved with some community service, mission service, or church related activities. Stuff like that will help. Seeing that you are already applied, then anything that you do from here on out will have be stated in the secondary or sent to the school itself. Loma Linda wants Christian doctors, if that is appealing to you then by all means get involved.

Another Question about the religious aspect of LLU. I know they want christian doctors, and I am a christian, but not a Seventh Day adventist. (actually a First Assembly of God). Does being a christian but not Seventh Day adventist Help ex : baptist, Methodist,Penetcostal? Or do they strictly put preference on Seventh Day adventist.?

I hope you understood my post, and thanks in advance.

Hey amwatts0322! What is more important to LLU is that you are Christian. To be honest, I think that our LLU class is split down the middle with 50% adventist and 50% non-adventist but Christian. If there are atheists or non-christians, I haven't met them yet. But a First Assembly of God won't hurt you at all.