Loma Linda vs. USC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ca3PO42

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was fortunate enough to be accepted to both Loma Linda University and USC for this cycle, but am having some difficulty choosing between the two.

I'm a SoCal native and live in close proximity to LLU, so I could commute there and save on housing, but USC appeals to me due to its extensive alumni network and it being the #1 private pharmacy school. However, USC is incredibly expensive, especially since I would have to move to the LA area, whereas with LLU, I would be paying less tuition and saving on housing costs.

Can anyone provide any input as to whether the USC name is worth paying more and moving to LA for? Any insight is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I was fortunate enough to be accepted to both Loma Linda University and USC for this cycle, but am having some difficulty choosing between the two.

I'm a SoCal native and live in close proximity to LLU, so I could commute there and save on housing, but USC appeals to me due to its extensive alumni network and it being the #1 private pharmacy school. However, USC is incredibly expensive, especially since I would have to move to the LA area, whereas with LLU, I would be paying less tuition and saving on housing costs.

Can anyone provide any input as to whether the USC name is worth paying more and moving to LA for? Any insight is appreciated!

I would definitely choose LLU...moving out to go to USC when LLU is right next to you is not worth it (financially, geographically and education wise). LLU is surrounded by bunch of hospitals and they have very good networking and connections. I know few pharmacists who have attended LLU and they couldn't be happier with their choice of school. Congrats on Acceptance to both schools!

Reactions: 1 user
I would definitely choose LLU...moving out to go to USC when LLU is right next to you is not worth it (financially, geographically and education wise). LLU is surrounded by bunch of hospitals and they have very good networking and connections. I know few pharmacists who have attended LLU and they couldn't be happier with their choice of school. Congrats on Acceptance to both schools!

Thank you so much for your input! That certainly helps a lot and affirms what my gut has been telling me about LLU and how it would be the wiser choice. I also do love the environment there and appreciate how safe the city is, especially compared to LA. Greatly appreciate your help!

Reactions: 1 user